shape
carat
color
clarity

Singlestone engagement ring

devaughnb

Rough_Rock
Hello all. As promised below are pictures of my custom Sapphire Singlestone ring through the different stages of production. Thanks again to all of you who helped me create this.

Link to the original thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/good-news-bad-news-and-then-some-good-news-again.202990/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/good-news-bad-news-and-then-some-good-news-again.202990/[/URL]

Part 0: The stone
The stone came from Roger Dery. Its been posted here before, but here it is again in case you missed it. We really liked the vintage European Cut it had. You can get a better look of its shape in later photos.

sapphirebluerd1_72ct_8144.jpg

Part 1: Choose the Ring setting

The Singlestone halo, a very popular setting, was the starting point for this ring. However, once i found out that i could customize it... Well, that set me on a significantly longer, but more interesting road.

2_singlestone_plat.jpg

So, i loved the original Singlestone ring, but i wanted to do something unique. Then i saw this gold ring on their website and decided to go for a hybrid of the two rings. This ring is an old vintage ring that Singlestone had acquired. They have some very interesting rings from the turn of the century.

1_gold_ring.jpg

The next step was choosing the engraving. I jumped the gun here a little bit. The engraving was based on this ring, which Singlestone had done for someone else.

2_219.jpg

Before i go any further, below is a mock-up of what the original ring would have looked like with a sapphire.

2_220.jpg

Next step was the CAD mock-ups. We iterated on it a couple of times before landing on the right design.

3_blue__new_ring__for_heather_3_converted.jpg

3_blue_saphire_ring_converted.jpg

Now time to get to working. The picture of these raw materials wasn't from Singlestone... But another site who does hand forged work.

3_handforgedparts.jpg

Finally, after 3 or 4 months of back and forth, the ring starts to take shape.

5_photo_1.jpg

6_photo_2.jpg

Below is the mounting with the loose stone sapphire. It is an extremely deep cut stone with the crown and culet being very long.

7_30.jpg

8_photo_4.jpg

Halo done... With sapphire set.

8_photo_5.jpg 8_photo_6.jpg

And finally... Done

9_photo_2_0.jpg

9_photo_3.jpg

9_photo_4_1.jpg

9_photo_5_0.jpg

20141207_144749-1.jpg

collage_20141207111551283.jpg

Plus the hand shot :)

20141220_184908.jpg

Given the beauty of the basic Singlestone design, my biggest concern was walking away with something worse than i started with... Ultimately, i think it worked out. I am sure some people may see the added detail as too much, but we really love it. It certainly get's my fiance a lot of comments.

Thanks again for all the help!

D

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty I love antique style and detailing in my rings, and don't think it is too much, it makes it more unique. I hope my BF does as well as you when the time finally comes :)

devaughnb

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I took it as a bit of a personnal challenge to put together something unique. What really helped me out was that she was very patient (finding round sapphires is tough) and that she wanted a sapphire instead of a diamond. The savings from the stone all went into the setting.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone, beautiful setting... and it looks perfect on her finger!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous. Love anything Singlestone. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. I really enjoyed reading your post. The ring is gorgeous and the details - engraving is stunning.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Devaughnb - I love the ring and this is a fantastic summary of your process. It should be very helpful to others just beginning the process

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it's gorgeous!!! :love: Beautifully done, the detailing is amazing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting :love: :love: :love:
The outcome is truly unique and beautifully detailed. The sapphire found a stunning home in this setting.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning, congratulations!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ering! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring, and thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful! Well done! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just beautiful. Love the blue. :love:

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Wow....that is beautiful!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love that setting, and the blue sapphire is amazing in it! It just looks perfect as a whole, and I hope you are thrilled with it! Congrats! :appl:

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
The stone and setting are absolutely stunning! Congratulations :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hand shot is the money shot for sure! It is beautiful. Congratulations.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo beautiful! Congratulations!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!! Love everything about your ring- the sapphire, the diamonds, the engraving! :appl:

devaughnb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words!

Hope the folks at SS don't mind me posting all these pics. Originally they refused to send me more than one picture before put down a deposit. In the end i am sure this has served as good marketing im sure :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
L :love: vely!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A work of art! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results