shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone Re-polish Results!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!! Beautiful diamond!!! It definitely sparkles like crazy!!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!! and you did steal it for that price!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very beautiful kepie,

The symmetry in the "before" shot looks pretty darn good even before the recut. It is a 50% depth still? I'd be curious to see a sarin on it if you have. Love the looks of it now, good job and congrats!

spicytuna

Rough_Rock
Wow! What a fabulous find and the re-cut is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for sharing!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Kenny- Thank you! You have me thinking I need a step cut! The great thing about old cuts is they are frequently much easier on the wallet.
Marcyc- Thank you, yes they did a great job!
Lone_Wolfe – I hope they can help you out with your pear.
swedish bean – Thank you! It did surprise me how affordable it was.
SaraPJ – Thanks! No kidding. The range of colors is amazing!
Yssie – Thank you! I loved the pattern to begin with so I’m happy they preserved it. It’s like a star of david.
CharmyPoo – Thank you! They really know how to coax life out of a diamond over there!
Sparkles&Glitter – Thank you! I love your avatar!
Cemrn - That is awesome! Does your stone have a thread?
Uppy – Why thank you. That’s is a lovely way to describe it 
Heliotrope – Thank you! I think I would have been more nervous about it had I paid more for it.
HVVS – Thanks!
LittleGreyKitten – Thank you! What is a TC? Do you have pictures?
RingSighs - Thank you! I love the OMC in your avatar!
dreamer_d –Thank you! I love your wieners. Our black and tans look so much alike!
Luckyeshe – Thank you!
Bella_mezzo – Now that it’s all done, I know I did. Granted there was a certain level of risk involved. So worth it though!
Rhino – Knowing you like it with your eye for diamonds means so much. I loved the original facet pattern and they stayed true to it. I’m not sure what the depth is now but it is still very close to 50 because Ari was saying if I was willing to put the stone down to 7.8mm then it could be 57%. No sarin on this one. Is it worth getting done you think? I had originally planned to send to GIA for grading but Ari said that it would be a waste of money since the stone is for my personal use. I am curious about what color grade they would think it is.
Thank YOU, Spicytuna !

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a thought, they did such a wonderful job on the recut, did you look at some of their ring designs?

Wink

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 10:53:39 PM
Author: Wink
Just a thought, they did such a wonderful job on the recut, did you look at some of their ring designs?

Oh yes! They do simple amazing work! I am saving up to have them make me earrings.

stci

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful diamond!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My GOODNESS, what a difference!!!!
30.gif
It''s amazing, well done!
36.gif
36.gif
And what a steal, I love me a bargain too!!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Great re-cut. Your stone is beautiful!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
beautiful stone~ wonderful story

congratulations
1.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing diamond! They certainly did a great job for you!
36.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous!!! *swoon*
31.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/1/2010 10:58:21 PM
Author: kelpie

Date: 5/1/2010 10:53:39 PM
Author: Wink

Oh yes! They do simple amazing work! I am saving up to have them make me earrings.
Awesome. I always like to see vendors rewarded for good work. It makes my little vendor heart go pitty pat!
36.gif

Wink

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelpie I would be tempted to send it to GIA because then you would have a record of its quality etc for insurance purposes. And for curiosity. But I guess an appraisal can do that for you too if the person is very good.

If your dachsie a dapple as well?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Geez Kelpie, what an awesome find, and an even more awesome facelift!!!!
THe stone has a gorgeous pattern, color and fire! I am really taken by the beuaty of your stone!

Aren't the lower color really chameleon like? They are so captivating and show little different side in different situations!
Do you have an idea on how you will set it?

Man, this is pretty!!! And I ditto what DD said - I would send it off to GIA to get a cert on this amazing stone - just to have record of it.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, that''s really beautiful!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cool recut!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it looks so much lovelier! congratulations :)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Wow Kelpie, your stone looks amazing!

How kind of you to rescue that worn and tired diamond, tidy it up, and give it a loving home. It makes me want to rescue diamonds too!

Thank you for inspiring us.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:12:43 AM
Author: HopeDream
Wow Kelpie, your stone looks amazing!

How kind of you to rescue that worn and tired diamond, tidy it up, and give it a loving home. It makes me want to rescue diamonds too!

Thank you for inspiring us.
You know I fleetingly toyed with the idea of having Infinity cut it into an ideal which would have been beautiful, but came to the conclusion it would really be a shame to lose such an antique. I love that it has retained its original character. You have to respect things older than you, like old cut diamonds and box turtles.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Ari just wrote me to let me know the final depth was around 52%. Looks purdy darn good for 52, huh? I can''t say enough about their talent over there.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 1:40:24 AM
You know I fleetingly toyed with the idea of having Infinity cut it into an ideal which would have been beautiful, but came to the conclusion it would really be a shame to lose such an antique. I love that it has retained its original character. You have to respect things older than you, like old cut diamonds and box turtles.
Oh dear, yes. An older cut has such an incomparable magic. I''m relieved you didn''t go that route!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2010 9:55:21 PM
Ari just wrote me to let me know the final depth was around 52%. Looks purdy darn good for 52, huh? I can''t say enough about their talent over there.
HI:

Very sweet. Gotta visit SS this summer when in LA.

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly that is GORGEOUS!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s spectacular!!!! I can''t wait to see it set, either!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly a great deal and the recut makes a HUGE difference!!!! i am jealous
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you set the stone yet?

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
That is an incredible story, congrats on your beautiful new diamond! Having it re-cut was a great idea! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results