shape
carat
color
clarity

Single cut melee VS full cut

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which should I use on a custom halo for a colored stone? Is there a noticeable difference and are they worth the extra cost?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I visited David at DBL yesterday and I got to see comparable halo setting done with single cuts and full cuts. I prefer the single cuts in tiny melee stones (the ones I saw were all 1 point or less). They produced broader flashes of light and to me looked better than the full cuts. The full cuts looked like fuzzy dots of white light where the single cuts actually produced flashes of light. Try to find a place where you can see single cuts in person to compare. Many fine watches with diamonds use single cuts. My husband's Rado watch has single cuts.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1314317898|2999733 said:
I visited David at DBL yesterday and I got to see comparable halo setting done with single cuts and full cuts. I prefer the single cuts in tiny melee stones (the ones I saw were all 1 point or less). They produced broader flashes of light and to me looked better than the full cuts. The full cuts looked like fuzzy dots of white light where the single cuts actually produced flashes of light. Try to find a place where you can see single cuts in person to compare. Many fine watches with diamonds use single cuts. My husband's Rado watch has single cuts.

Thanks Asscherhalo_lover.
I really don't have the luxury of time at this point. My ring is in progress and I need to decide soon. From my search on PS, it seems that single cuts would be the better choice.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Victor Canera is making my ring with single cuts. I wanted them for the same reason asscherhalo_lover described, I like the broader flashes, to me it was worth the extra $$$

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bright Ice to posting this question! that was exactly I wondering and just about to get a halo setting too. Good to know and YES, I made up my mind with single cut:) Cheer!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maplefemme|1314322485|2999791 said:
Victor Canera is making my ring with single cuts. I wanted them for the same reason asscherhalo_lover described, I like the broader flashes, to me it was worth the extra $$$

He is making my ring as well, we discussed single cuts today.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luckky|1314324302|2999823 said:
Thank you Bright Ice to posting this question! that was exactly I wondering and just about to get a halo setting too. Good to know and YES, I made up my mind with single cut:) Cheer!

You are so welcome. I have just made up my mind too for them :appl:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice|1314324786|2999828 said:
maplefemme|1314322485|2999791 said:

He is making my ring as well, we discussed single cuts today.

Can't wait to see your ring when it's done, the single cuts will be beautiful :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had both in my halo. I did prefer the look of the single cuts in many ways, but I love my full cuts now too.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ari is using single cuts in my ring for the same reasons posted above. They are pricier than full cut, but I really love the look they provide!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just bought single cut halos on earrings . They do sparkle and look very nice around my emerads;

thanks,
Annette

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1314361075|3000080 said:
Ari is using single cuts in my ring for the same reasons posted above. They are pricier than full cut, but I really love the look they provide![/quote]

This is exactly what VC says.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had chosen single cuts for my rings. Eh, live and learn. I think you've made the right decision!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, will single cuts work well with a mahenge spinel?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1314382223|3000477 said:
So, will single cuts work well with a mahenge spinel?

I'd prefer them too ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results