shape
carat
color
clarity

Sigh, I Need Help!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh d*mmit, that's a bummer and frustrating about the pearl.
Was the moissanite from Vijay at GoldenBird? I know that he has true gray because my sister's stone had no modifiers. They'd cut you one for pretty cheap.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL. The grey spinel earrings I have are very lively and I do like them. It's just the blue modifier that throws me off.

Got it! :)

By the way, speaking of the moissanite you just obtained, curious to know if it’s coated or colored all the way through.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it! :)

By the way, speaking of the moissanite you just obtained, curious to know if it’s coated or colored all the way through.

I actually got two different ones. The grey one in the picture is not coated and actually came with a grading report. The black one is definitely coated. It looks like mystic topaz lol.

Reactions: T L

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Not sure what I can say here as a trade member, but I will be happy to assist or facilitate in any way I can.

I do know that Gemcal has access to a large supply of rough gray spinel and specializes in that material. If you reach out to Hemi Englisher directly, he should be able to source & cut whatever you need without breaking the bank.

Carats & Grams has particularly well-cut (precision-cut) stones and typically very good crystal, but may be more limited in what colors they can offer. They do cut spectacular rounds and the owner is very particular about screening for top-quality material.

Mr Spinel has access to significant quantities of gray spinel as well. While they have lots of smaller stones available, small, lower-value stones (6mm round gray spinel) are not their primary focus.

I suspect Gemcal may be the best suited vendor for your needs.

Regardless of who you choose, I am confident one of these vendors can help you out. Just be very specific about your color & cutting requirements.

Feel free to reach out if I can offer any guidance or answer any questions.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what I can say here as a trade member, but I will be happy to assist or facilitate in any way I can.

I do know that Gemcal has access to a large supply of rough gray spinel and specializes in that material. If you reach out to Hemi Englisher directly, he should be able to source & cut whatever you need without breaking the bank.

Carats & Grams has particularly well-cut (precision-cut) stones and typically very good crystal, but may be more limited in what colors they can offer. They do cut spectacular rounds and the owner is very particular about screening for top-quality material.

Mr Spinel has access to significant quantities of gray spinel as well. While they have lots of smaller stones available, small, lower-value stones (6mm round gray spinel) are not their primary focus.

I suspect Gemcal may be the best suited vendor for your needs.

Regardless of who you choose, I am confident one of these vendors can help you out. Just be very specific about your color & cutting requirements.

Feel free to reach out if I can offer any guidance or answer any questions.

Thank you for your help!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that this is a real suggestion for you -
Bit too small, a booger dead center
But it’s a fancy grey GIA - so no blue
You’d also unnecessarily pay for a mounting, and who knows what the girdle looks like for a prong setting. And old cut w/ questionable performance

~ But it’s quite pretty to look at ~
And I really do see/imagine that a fancy grey diamond would look gorgeous in your mounting!

Actually I love it as it is, as a stacker. Too bad I’m not in the market!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that this is a real suggestion for you -
Bit too small, a booger dead center
But it’s a fancy grey GIA - so no blue
You’d also unnecessarily pay for a mounting, and who knows what the girdle looks like for a prong setting. And old cut w/ questionable performance

~ But it’s quite pretty to look at ~
And I really do see/imagine that a fancy grey diamond would look gorgeous in your mounting!

Actually I love it as it is, as a stacker. Too bad I’m not in the market!!!!

Thanks! Maybe I need to look into grey diamonds. I did try and contact Gemcal. Sent an email but no response yet. I will try again I guess. I don't know if they didn't get it or my requirement is just too small for them.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this will be a big week. My custom ruby pendant is finished and on it's way! I really hope it turns out like what I see in my head. I'm using a new jeweler and not my usual one so we shall see. I made the decision[finally!] that the Calla setting needed a beautiful, classic stone so I am having a gorgeous pink sapphire moved from another ring I have into the Calla setting. I bought an unheated/untreated black star sapphire that will go into the other setting. That stone will be here tomorrow. I hope it meets my black fixation. We think a cab will work in this other setting without too much trouble as there is a big lip. Hopefully it will nestle right in there. Here is the pink sapphire in the current setting and where the black star sapphire will hopefully go.

IMG_1301.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the result very much!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The black star sapphire is here and I think this is it! Hopefully it will fit in the setting nicely. Fingers crossed.

Black Star Sapphire 2.jpg

Black Star Sapphire.jpg

Black Star Sapphire3.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's pretty and the star pattern looks crisp!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
The black star sapphire is here and I think this is it! Hopefully it will fit in the setting nicely. Fingers crossed.

Black Star Sapphire 2.jpg

Black Star Sapphire.jpg

Black Star Sapphire3.jpg

Beautiful! Round star stones are special - their stars have perfect symmetry. (As opposed to ovals, which have 'stretched' stars.)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty and the star pattern looks crisp!

Beautiful! Round star stones are special - their stars have perfect symmetry. (As opposed to ovals, which have 'stretched' stars.)

Thanks ItsMainelyYou and Starstruck8! I really like this new stone and hope it works for me. It was such a trial for such a small stone, lol. Why I am so fixated on a black stone is beyond me, lol.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ItsMainelyYou and Starstruck8! I really like this new stone and hope it works for me. It was such a trial for such a small stone, lol. Why I am so fixated on a black stone is beyond me, lol.

Hey, we wants what we wants! It's a really nice one and I hope it ticks the box perfectly!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the transformation of the Calla setting is complete and I really love the pink sapphire in this setting. I think it fits it nicely. I got to get a sneek peak of the ruby pendant. It will be ready Saturday. I managed to get one, really lousy shot of it. Much better photos to come. They really aren't garnet rubies, lol. Calla Ring1.jpg

Calla Ring2.jpg

Calla Ring3.jpg

Ruby Pendant.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So the transformation of the Calla setting is complete and I really love the pink sapphire in this setting. I think it fits it nicely. I got to get a sneek peak of the ruby pendant. It will be ready Saturday. I managed to get one, really lousy shot of it. Much better photos to come. They really aren't garnet rubies, lol. Calla Ring1.jpg

Calla Ring2.jpg

Calla Ring3.jpg

Ruby Pendant.jpg

Ooh, I love the design on that pendant! Pretty ring, the stone looks made for it.:love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the design on that pendant! Pretty ring, the stone looks made for it.:love:

Thanks! I wanted the inverse of my ruby ring. I do like how that ring came out. The sapphire was lost in the other setting and looks so much better in this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results