shape
carat
color
clarity

sigh...glad I did not impulse buy this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this is a diamond ring. It is by Tacori. I tried it on a few months ago at a jewelry store. They had a square cz (I believe Princess cut) in the setting, so whomever tries it on can get the full effect of how the setting would look with a diamond. And let me tell you, it BLEW ME AWAY!!! I did not want to take it off of my finger.
2.gif
But, I cannot afford the setting and a diamond to go in it.
7.gif

sightacor1.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a close up of the setting details:

sightacor2.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted this ring so badly that I have been seriously considering buying the setting and having a gemstone put into it. This is my very sad attempt at trying to "put" a cornflower blue sapphire into this setting.

Where, oh where, is njc when you need her!?!
9.gif
9.gif

sightacorbl.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what gemstone I would have put into it. I was considering pink, red, green, or blue. Real definitive, right?
20.gif
9.gif
2.gif

HOWEVER.......I went to a different jewelry store yesterday. Their setting did not have a cz in it. It was empty. I tried it on and the ring did nothing for me. Absolutely NOTHING
6.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I felt nothing. It was not the special feeling I had at the other store. Maybe if I had a gemstone put into it, then I would feel the elation that I felt before? But I am really doubting myself now...

The differene this time was that it didn''t seem to sparkle or speak to me as much as it did at the first store. Both stores have "jewelry store lighting", so I just don''t know. I am not sure it would be worth several thousand to try and find out.

I have tried for months to find a similar ring at a cheapo price so that I could try to get a feel for what the ring would be like, but I have come up empty.

Siiiiiggggggghhhhhh.....I guess it just wasn''t meant to be.........

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That''s kind of disappointing, isn''t it? Just when you think you know what you like. I hate it when that happens.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''ve never tried on an empty setting, but I''d imagine it''d be a little disappointing and definitely less sparkly! Which is why they probably like having the CZ fill the center so you get a better idea of things. Too bad though, it looks pretty in the pictures, but look at it this way, you just saved yourself a few thousand!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so weird, I just posted that setting in a different PS thread the other day. It looks gorgeous. I bet it makes a huge difference trying on an empty setting versus one with a stone...there are settings I think look completely dull and lifeless alone and then I see an "after" picture and WOW - totally different animal! Still, if you''ve convinced yourself you can do without it, maybe you should stick with that. LOL.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't say much about the ring because there is no traceof Tacori nearby to try it out and the pictures do not have much effect on me... but how about trying it out with a sintetic sapphire in it ? If the jewelry store does not haveone, perhaps it would be worth getting a cheap one.

To me, it sounds like you liked the stone above all, not the particular ring, and the same princess cut in a setting of comparable height and profile will do just fine even without the 'frame' around the stone.
2.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the input!! I am just really confused right now. Maybe I will go back to the other store (although it is a long drive) and try the ring on again that has the cz in it. Even the platinum metal of the ring looked better at that store!

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2005 11:10:00 PM
Author: Buena Girl
I felt nothing. It was not the special feeling I had at the other store.
:
The differene this time was that it didn''t seem to sparkle or speak to me as much as it did at the first store. Both stores have ''jewelry store lighting'', so I just don''t know.
:
I have tried for months to find a similar ring at a cheapo price so that I could try to get a feel for what the ring would be like, but I have come up empty.
:

Actually this thread might not belong to Colored Stones, but maybe you are not aware that CZs have several grades. Someone remarked that Russian CZs are the best.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry i found this thread so late. I''m only as far away as a PM!
2.gif

When i was trying on rings, i agree that the ones without diamonds/CZs/whatever where less attractive. Not because they were ugly, but just because it didnt look complete. Could you maybe ask the closer store if they could set something in it to help you out? Even if it was just laid in there and not really set?

And because i love the challange, here are a rainbow of stones in your setting... a round and a square. Hope im not dragging something up you have put behind you!

rainbow_buena.jpg

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
njc, I was only half serious
2.gif

I''m still so disappointed in how the setting looked the second time I saw it, that I think it probably isn''t worth the time to do a little PAINT magic. I''ll definitely PM if I am certain about a setting.

Right this minute, all I can think about is the absofreakinperfect garnet that valeria posted here And I don''t know if I could get a stone like that in the right shape for this Tacori setting. BTW, garnet is my birthstone
1.gif

Here''s a pic of the stone:

bluetofuscia.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, thank you!!! I just saw that you colored some pics for me! I LOVE IT!!! I''ll definitely keep this thread in the back of my mind for a possible future project. I''ll have to go back up to Delaware, and maybe bring b/f along
11.gif
12.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man... that is frickin awesome! Now i suddenly have the colored stone bug...
38.gif
39.gif

Cave Keeper

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/25/2005 11:07:01 AM
Author: njc
:
When i was trying on rings, i agree that the ones without diamonds/CZs/whatever where less attractive. Not because they were ugly, but just because it didnt look complete. Could you maybe ask the closer store if they could set something in it to help you out? Even if it was just laid in there and not really set?
:
Otherwise all the gentlemen would be visiting the ladies department at Macy''s instead standing at the sidewalks looking at all the ladies walking by.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results