shape
carat
color
clarity

Sidestones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would someone please show me the size difference between approx .17ct and .75ct round brilliants? I have seen a three stone Vatche ring (total sidestone weight .33ct) but I''m not sure if the sidestones will look too small.

Thank you very much
9.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
what is the size of the center stone? the size of side stones will depend on that. Is the center stone 0.75? If so, I would think personally 0.25ct or 0.33ct would make nice side stones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size will the center stone be??

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:34:16 PM
Author: hikerchick

I think 0.3 sides will look very nice with a 0.75 center stone.

There is a chart somewhere that shows the diamond sizes relative to each other, let me see if I can dig that up.

Hikerchick, I think the sidestones are .30tcw, i.e., .15ct each.

Maisie, IMO, .15 each will be too small for a .75ct center.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:47:33 PM
Author: bosoxbw
Date: 3/27/2007 7:34:16 PM

Author: hikerchick

I think 0.3 sides will look very nice with a 0.75 center stone.

There is a chart somewhere that shows the diamond sizes relative to each other, let me see if I can dig that up.

Hikerchick, I think the sidestones are .30tcw, i.e., .15ct each.

Maisie, IMO, .15 each will be too small for a .75ct center.

Oh, I misread then . . . yes, Maisie . . . I agree, I think 0.15 sides will be too small for a 0.75 center. I still can''t find the chart I am looking for, I will keep looking.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Hikerchick - that is most helpful!!!
9.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 7:59:51 PM
Author: Maisie
Thank you Hikerchick - that is most helpful!!!
9.gif

You are quite welcome. I printed it and cut the rounds out and put them next to each other and I would definitely keep the side stones larger than 0.25 possibly even 0.3 as a minimum

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, the ritani i tried on had .25''s with a 1.5 center and I thought it looked great. they were more like accents rather than a 3 stone but very, very pretty. I think the .15''s would be fine next to a .75 if you want accent stones. if you want more of an anniversary ring then yes, you''d need bigger sides.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I will pass on this setting. I thought it might be a nice idea to have a 3 stone but if the side stones are this small I will keep looking.

I am making myself stressed trying to find a setting. I keep finding fault with them.... Ah well - I shall keep looking. I''m still waiting to hear back from WF to see if the custom design I want is affordable. I think I am just trying to find something I am happy with incase its too expensive.

I am dying to get my ring!!!!

Maisie

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
maisie, I thought you were going to do the Mark Morrell, is that out of the running now?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I listened to what people were saying about using a designer for a temporary setting. It made sense. The problem for me is that the settings that I like are around that price anyway.......

I have seen the superbcert tiffany solitaire and its really lovely. I am sure they have dropped the price on it because when I was looking a couple of months ago it was around $1100 - now its around $600. I wonder if I should just get that and put more money into the diamond.

Can you believe I am really fed up of thinking about this now? I keep making up my mind - then changing it again. I should decide and stop looking at anymore settings.
7.gif

Its only got to last me a couple of years till I upgrade.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i understand the pressure of feeling like you''ve got to choose the right setting. I''m right there with you expect mine has to last me a lot longer than two years. If I knew I was going to get a larger stone i''d be more inclined to put more $ in the stone now. I think the SB solitaire is the closest one to the actual tiffany out there and love it.

but, you never know, you might be pleasently surprised with your WF quote....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hope so. I asked them to quote me on a platinum, euroshank bezel solitaire. I want to protect the diamond so its in perfect condition when I want to upgrade it.

I love this setting and it would be amazing to get something similar but for a RB.

lucida_bezel222.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everybody for your help and advice. Its very much appreciated!
1.gif

I have had my quote in from Whiteflash and it falls just within my budget so I am really pleased! I will be going ahead sometime in the next month! I am so excited!!

I will post pictures as soon as I get it!

Once again - thankyou for all your help.

Maisie

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s wonderful maisie..can''t wait to see pics when it''s done!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not going to look at anymore settings lol!! I am really relieved to be able to get exactly what I want!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 8:19:04 AM
I am not going to look at anymore settings lol!!
36.gif

that''s what you have to do. I was in a jeweler store a couple of weeks ago saying how much trouble i was having decided on a setting and the gal said I should just try to narrow it down to 3, weigh the pro''s on con''s and then choose. After that she said to *stop looking* b/c there are always new beautiful designs coming out and you can drive yourself crazy.

ps. my hubby was just in London and fell in love with the flapjacks. he brought a package home for all of us to try, those things are pretty darn yummy
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maise, I am unclear as to what setting you''re getting...Please splain.
5.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 8:32:31 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/29/2007 8:19:04 AM
I am not going to look at anymore settings lol!!
36.gif

that''s what you have to do. I was in a jeweler store a couple of weeks ago saying how much trouble i was having decided on a setting and the gal said I should just try to narrow it down to 3, weigh the pro''s on con''s and then choose. After that she said to *stop looking* b/c there are always new beautiful designs coming out and you can drive yourself crazy.

ps. my hubby was just in London and fell in love with the flapjacks. he brought a package home for all of us to try, those things are pretty darn yummy
18.gif
I have been driving myself mad for weeks but no more!! I shall be happy with what I am getting!

Flapjacks are gorgeous!!!! Yummmmm!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having a bezel setting. I came to this decision after a lot of looking around and trying to choose between all the gorgeous settings out there.
As I will only keep this diamond for probably 2-3 years I wanted a setting which would keep the diamond safe for when I return it for upgrade.

The setting I want is not designed for a round diamond so its being slightly changed (plus it can''t be exactly the same as the pic for copyright reasons!)

It will be in platinum. I am having platinum as I''m not sure I will like it long term so I want to try it out so to speak. This way if I don''t like the patina I can get yellow gold when I get my upgrade.
1.gif

shellring1lb.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Maisie on deciding on a setting. Sometimes it takes someone to tell you to stop looking in order for you to do just that. I''ve "decided" so many times, but when my boyfriend pointed out that the more I look, the more I''ll find, I knew I had to decide for good. I have and it''s a good feeling when it''s done. It''s a beautiful ring by the way. Do you have pictures of other views?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maise. I "thought" it was the pic you posted, but it could have been read another way. Probably only by me, since I was up at 4 this morning.
20.gif

I love the profile, got any other views??!
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the setting you chose maisie, it''s lovely!!!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the top view of it. Its a Lucida setting so its got to be modified for a RB. I am trying to keep the squarish shape to the bezel but it means the sides will be a little bit thick - I think I will need to discuss this further with WF when I order it. I don't want it to be all metal as this might take away from the diamond.

1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Top view

bezel_z1_tn.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
maisie, it''s going to be beautiful. I''m so happy for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results