Side stone size - what do you think?

What size rb side stones?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 10:01:11 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
what are your melee sizes again fg? 1 pointers for the band and 1.5 pointers for the halo? I''m planning to use 1.5 pointers in mine... 1 is too small and while i kinda want to go to 2 I know that I really just want an accent and not a row of side stones. oop sorry for the side street lol
They told me that the halo and shank are 2 pointers. But I wonder if they are really 1 or 1.5 pointers actually.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 12:58:55 PM
Author: PearNut
Ladykemma - you are right - I want the bigger stones but I don''t want to take too much away from my center stone.

Someone at work has a 5 stone set that I tried on (and covered two stones to see only three) and hers were all .23 and I thought it was beautiful. But, I''ve done all this without my center stone.

I guess I should ask him if he has both and if I can see them in a setting near my side stone. He said - if you go smaller you may say in a year - I wish I went bigger (he saw my hesitation but actually was trying to convince me that they would look much bigger in a setting) but he joked that if I went bigger - would I be questioning in a year that I should have gone smaller?

The poll results are interesting...
If this is your gut, then go with it!!! The stones won''t be too large at all, there really isn''t that much of a difference between .20 and .25.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I think I''ll stop by there on Tues and see the .25''s next to my stone - then I should know definitely.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 3:26:48 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 2/9/2007 10:01:11 PM
what are your melee sizes again fg? 1 pointers for the band and 1.5 pointers for the halo? I''m planning to use 1.5 pointers in mine... 1 is too small and while i kinda want to go to 2 I know that I really just want an accent and not a row of side stones. oop sorry for the side street lol
They told me that the halo and shank are 2 pointers. But I wonder if they are really 1 or 1.5 pointers actually.
huh.... I''d buy the halo stones being 2 pointers but the shank stones look smaller to me - how wide is your band? Of course the difference in how they''re set could make them look bigger on the halo.... I think that''s perfect setting for a pear :)

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:09:47 PM
Here''s another picture.
Oh Firegoddess, I am usually not a huge fan of halos but your ring just changed my mind
2.gif

Gorgeous and the center stone is really flattered with these tiny little fellows all around
9.gif

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Well,.....if anyone is interested - I stopped this afternoon and saw the 5 stones next to my center stone - checked for matching and size and they were BEAUTIFUL!!!! I''m sticking with the .25''s - can''t wait to see the final outcome!! YEAH!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 5:48:03 PM
huh.... I''d buy the halo stones being 2 pointers but the shank stones look smaller to me - how wide is your band? Of course the difference in how they''re set could make them look bigger on the halo.... I think that''s perfect setting for a pear :)
They''re definitely all the same size, whatever they are. The shank stones look smaller because they are further away from the camera...by a distance that is the depth of the head. The band is about 1.8 mm wide or so. Definitely a hair under 2 mm.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:08:11 AM
Author: ayala_jessica

Date: 2/9/2007 7:09:47 PM
Here''s another picture.
Oh Firegoddess, I am usually not a huge fan of halos but your ring just changed my mind
2.gif

Gorgeous and the center stone is really flattered with these tiny little fellows all around
9.gif
Thanks Jessica!!
face23.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 6:18:15 PM
Author: PearNut
Well,.....if anyone is interested - I stopped this afternoon and saw the 5 stones next to my center stone - checked for matching and size and they were BEAUTIFUL!!!! I''m sticking with the .25''s - can''t wait to see the final outcome!! YEAH!
I am psyched for you! Glad you love them. I am looking forward to seeing the finished ring!!

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Thanks FireGodess - I can''t wait to see it all complete! I really think my center will still pop - I really like a high setting so I think that will help too, and I want the side stones tipped a bit - I saw a picture of a set under the heading - ring sliding sideways - or something like that - I don''t know how to attach the thread....anyway - I''d love to see a picture of that set from the top - anyone know who''s it is? It is the one shown from the side with the shank pads.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about Jazmine's marquise ring? linky

ETA: Actually, I think you're talking about the Vatche? ring shown on the side? I can't recall whose that is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results