shape
carat
color
clarity

Side stone colours

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy,
I had a diamond wrap ages ago and don''t think I''ll choose that route again. I much prefer to just have 1 ring. I''ve lined up all the 3 stones together in a see through case and have been looking at it on and off for a few weeks, and STILL can''t make up my mind.
40.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand; I am not a wrap girl myself but I thought Woo''s was cool!

Hey, can you post pics? Are your spinels a cool red or warm red? I bet either way they will be lovely, seriously!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never heard of "cool" reds or "warm" reds. Can you please explain? I thought blues were cool and reds were warm. So are you asking if the spinels have a purple or orange undertone?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 3:07:47 PM
Author: Chrono
I''ve never heard of ''cool'' reds or ''warm'' reds. Can you please explain? I thought blues were cool and reds were warm. So are you asking if the spinels have a purple or orange undertone?
Sorry, it may be different for colored stones but I am guessing it is the same. I know this because I can''t wear reds w/orange ting to them but I can wear reds w/a blue/purple undertone like you are saying. I have seen stones that look like that too. I noticed a spinel on a website that was red but it said it had orange undertones so can you tell if it seems to be a warmer red or cooler red?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, I supposed these can be called warmer reds. The spinel pair has a very very slight orange undertone. I think all red spinels have an orange undertone, it is a matter of how strong or weak the undertone is. For rubies, the undertone tends toward purple, hence, they are a cool red.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 3:23:18 PM
In that case, I supposed these can be called warmer reds. The spinel pair has a very very slight orange undertone. I think all red spinels have an orange undertone, it is a matter of how strong or weak the undertone is. For rubies, the undertone tends toward purple, hence, they are a cool red.
I think they will be gorgeous!!! I am a huge fan of red!!!

liz

Rough_Rock
I''ve always wondered what garnet sidestones would look like. I love the deep red of garnets, but would they appear too dark, black even, next to an icy white diamond? Has anybody ever seen a diamond ring with garnet sidestones?

carotene

Rough_Rock
This ring is modeled after a setting I saw on bluenile. I''m having WF create the custom setting with all the elements i want. Center stone is a 1.1ct WF ACA flanked by 2 x .25ct rubies. I chose the platinum setting to keep the diamond nice a white and the yellow gold shank to provide a warm contrast to the red rubies. This is a CAD pic i photoshopped to show the yellow shank. I cannot wait to get it!
9.gif

CADa_gold.jpg

carotene

Rough_Rock
And this is yet another photoshop of the desired end result with the formed prongs. Prongs will actually be a different style, a little less intrusive.

ringpic0101.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, Carotene! It looks just like my current ring (gold shank, platinum head, except it has 2 blue side sapphires). What made you go with the traditional basket instead of the curvier trellis?

carotene

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 9:36:09 PM
Awesome, Carotene! It looks just like my current ring (gold shank, platinum head, except it has 2 blue side sapphires). What made you go with the traditional basket instead of the curvier trellis?

I could have gone either way, but the basket looks more timeless to me. I really like the rubies against the yellow gold. Did you get your ring from bluenile? They had a few settings very similar to this with sapphires.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, mine is custom made by Wink of www.winkjones.com He also supplied the side sapphires.

sera

Ideal_Rock
As a group, reds (as well as oranges and yellows) are considered warm (while blue, purple and green are cool), but within each group there are warm and cool hues depending on if they are blue based or yellow based (and to make it more complicated, there are warm, yellow based blues lol).

Cool red has blue undertones (think ruby) and warm red has yellow undertones (think garnet). Looking at red on the color wheel, if you move towards blue you get magentas and red violets. Move towards yellow and you get red-oranges.

About the prong color... I was thinking about the same thing simplysplendid mentioned- yellow prongs (or a yellow bezel) on the red. Yellow around the red really makes them pop (imho)... I love the look!

Although uncommon, don't let that stop you... get what you love!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IWPO, you''ve probably heard this a millions times here on PS already, but, thanks so much for the photoshop. Wow, it looks like even though I like yellow metals, these reds look "cool" with white.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, PrettyOne that is beautiful! Wow, that is going to be gorgeous Chrono!!!
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
forget you like the YG....here ya go....

chronospinelringgold copy.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again. I did line up all the stones (with Pinkie) in the gemcase - however, I didn''t like the look. The spinel colours were too strong for Pinkie. The poor dear was outcoloured and outsparkled. Even though I adore yellow, I''m definitely leaning more towards white metals. Pinkie is best is white too.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I forgot the diamond hahahahaha

chronospinelringgold2 copy.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
we must have been posted simultaneously....
28.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mucho mucho thank you''s.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results