shape
carat
color
clarity

Side diamonds for a three stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kmklos

Rough_Rock
I bought a beautiful 2 carat round diamond based on all my new found knowledge from PS. Thanks to this forum for my education!! I love my stone, but I''m now thinking of turning it into a three stone ring. Can someone tell me what size stones I should consider to put on each side. Half a carat each??? Bigger??? Smaller??? Is there a desired range when it comes to the proportion of the center stone versus the two side stones?

Also, my 2 carat is an AGS ideal (0) cut and an I in color though it faces up nice and white. Should my stones be of similar cut quality, meaning a 0 as well. Could I get stones rated 1 or 2 by AGS or similar from GIA? Would I notice a huge discrepancy?

Thanks all for your thoughts.....

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personal taste... :razz:

Some like sidestones to be about 1/2 the diameter of the main stone to make it more pronounce. Others use bigger stones. Cut wise I would want it to be the same cut.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I personally love side stones with a diamond but as for size everyone is different. I want my center stone to stand out so I have .30 pointers (if I remember correctly) with my 1.77 Rb. With a 2ct..I think .50ct is fine but like I said it''s all up to the individual.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi All!
Congrats On the two carat Kris!
Since you went for an AGS0 stone in the center...IMO go for AGS 0 side stones- maybe even try to match the table size.
I''d say the range would be from .50ct on each side- which might seem a little small to some- to 1.00ct one each side, which will be HUGE.

Can you go any place to look at some side stones in these sizes...got a pair of studs?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a chart with proportions for you.

3stoneproportions1a.jpg

kmklos

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody!!! I appreciate all the advice, and the chart is really helpful!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like the sides to be smaller so your center can shine. My center is 1.67 and my sides are .255 each. I can find the link if you want a better look
35.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results