shape
carat
color
clarity

sick kitty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My little Max has gotten really thin all of a sudden... I noticed that when I petted his back all I could feel was his backbone! I put him on my bathroom scale and he looked like he''d dropped a couple of pounds. I''m home sick so my FI took him in this morning and he''s down to 8.8 pounds from 11.6!!! They''re doing abdominal x-rays right now and have admitted him into the kitty ICU to give him an IV and observe him.

Very nervous for my little guy... he just turned 11 yesterday and he''s been in my life for 7 years. He''s had ups and downs in health, mainly little viruses and accidents here and there... but he''s never gone downhill so fast and I''m just scared this may be the end of it for him. Plus I feel so helpless since I can''t go out yet.

Would appreciate any vibes you could send Mr. Max!
187770779_eb835309de.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry, Sumbride. Many positive thoughts coming your way for little Max. I hope nothing is too wrong.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Catmom!

The vet just called and Max has a growth in his belly. They''re going to do an ultrasound on Tuesday to see what it is and whether they can or need to operate on it. Based on the liver tests, they think it is on his liver, but they can''t be sure based on just the x-rays. He''s going to be force-fed but they don''t want to do a feeding tube yet unless they have to.

I did talk to the doctor about his ability to recover from this, and of course it all depends on what the ultrasound shows but he said Max didn''t have any signs of chronic illness. It might be a sarcoma, but it could just be benign. At his age though, it is a concern and M and I have talked about euthanasia and how we will decide if it''s necessary. I''m sad, but hoping for the best for my little guy.

The other cats in the house can''t stand each other and they''ve already had two fights since Max left this morning. I''ve told them where he went, but I''m concerned about these two and their personalities... Max was sort of the mellow-maker around here. Hope he comes home.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I''m sending good thoughts your way.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor cat; I am sorry. I am crossing my fingers.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, No, I so hope it turns out benign!!!!!! Please keep us updated and give Max some super headbuts for me when you see him again.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Poor baby...will keep my fingers crossed for him. You sound like such a wonderful cat-mom, to be so concerned & he is so fortunate to have you!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know how it is to have an 11 yo cat and worry about their health, particularly after dropping 3 pounds! I hope your baby is okay, the growth is benign, and this is just an isolated thing. Head bonks and purrs from Chloe to Max...keep us updated.
emlove.gif
emcat.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone! We''re very concerned and sad, but by thinking the worst now, hopefully we''ll have good news on Tuesday.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I hope everything comes out fine. Hang in there.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending positive vibes his way. That is scary I know. I pray it''s nothing too serious. Hopefully he will be just fine. HUGS!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I hope Max is ok - he is surely a cute looking kitty!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Good vibes coming your way!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sweetie, I really hope it''s nothing serious too. I''m pulling for all three of you.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Sending mucho love for your kitty!. I have been to hell and back with my kitty after a full week in the ICU. They told me to euthanize her but the FI said to wait a few days.... she did a complete 180 and 2 years later is still going strong. Think POSITIVE, its the only way we made it through.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sumbride, same thing happened to my kitty a few years ago & she was just fine. Although tomorrow I have to take her in, somethings wrong now.

Poor kitties....your baby is so cute...love the black n white, what a little handsome thing!

Jeannine

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope and pray that all will be well with Max. I lost 2 beloved cats to that lousy stinking desease.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh honey! Max is in my prayers and I truly hope that its benign. Its so hard to have your babies sick and not know how bad it is. My thoughts are with you and Max. ((HUGS))

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Max. Please keep us updated.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Well wishes and prayers outgoing!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, he''s so cute. I hope he''ll be OK. Things like this are such a worry.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sumbride, I use to have a black and white kitty named Max too!!! I''m wishing you and your kitty all the best!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Sum, my strongest vibes are outgoing
35.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sumbride, I really sympathize. I''m sending all the best vibes I can muster, iin the hope that Max will pull through and make a full recovery.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Any kitty news yet on Max? I hope he''s ok, was just wondering about you guys.

Jeannine

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope it''s good news you get.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
No real news yet. I went to see him today on my way home from my doctor. His eyes were sort of rolled back in his head a bit and he was weak. They were able to get him to eat a little tuna, and they force fed him a liquid food, but that''s still a real concern. He looked so pathetic with his little IV, but he recognized me right away and even rolled over so I could rub his belly! I was able to spend about 15 minutes there petting him and while I did cry some, it was good to spend some time with him. He was falling asleep as I left. The vet techs said he''s been really sweet and they''ll give him lots of cuddles for me. I''m glad he''s getting attention... Max has a way of making complete strangers fall in love with him. It would be so much worse if I thought he was alone in a cage without any belly rubs.

The ultrasound is tomorrow so hopefully we''ll know then what we''re dealing with. I miss him terribly and definitely want to be able to bring him home soon. The doctor working on him is the owner of the practice, so I feel like he''s in good hands.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh gosh...so sorry. this is no easy thing. i totally understand and hope for the best ... head bonks...

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Max is such an adorable tuxedo cat! I''m sending kitty prayers up for Max. My Pretty Kitty is at the vet as well for surgery on her ear.
40.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh sum, hugs to you. I would be a mess. I know he appreciated your love and belly rubs. Thinking healing thoughts for your baby!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results