Premium
A few pictures from today.

0306161456_hdr.jpg

0306161509b.jpg

0306161509f.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP, Lily is beautiful. You are taking such wonderful care of her. Sending tons of healing dust and lots of good wishes that she recovers. Thank you for the updates. My heart is heavy over this. Thinking of all of you. (((hugs))))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WooHoo!

There little pieces of poop and a potty!!!

Tired out, but this is a good step.

ETA: she just chased me (well, slow chase but still!) across the room. I had fed her some more. She knew it was there. She just wanted the big bowl (I make from scratch and serve out of big bowl). Back to her bowl and eating happily now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take lots of pictures and some videos honey. Small steps and big photoshoots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1457330079|4000888 said:
WooHoo!

ETA: she just chased me (well, slow chase but still!) across the room. I had fed her some more. She knew it was there. She just wanted the big bowl (I make from scratch and serve out of big bowl). Back to her bowl and eating happily now.

Yay!!! Sending you bucket loads of more healing dust and best wishes for your sweet kitty's recovery. And big (((hugs))).
Thank you for updating us and please give your kitty lots of love and hugs from all her PS aunties. (((Hugs))) and (((Love))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to see the latest update TP! Encouraging news and I'm hoping Lily continues improving :pray: Keep us posted! Sending everyone lots of love.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - going potty is always a good sign :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sending more healing dust!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1457330079|4000888 said:
WooHoo!

Fist pump!!! Yay, Go Lily!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons and tons of dust and healing vibes to your darling beautiful Lily!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another potty. A bit of trouble with poo today though. She tried but seemed to get tired before she could actually do anything. (She had been up and moving a bit so had already managed more than recently)

Had her first dose of thyroid med this afternoon. Second one to come in morning. No reactions so far so that is good.

I need to get her fur cleaned up (dragging in her food bowl and litter box...) but trying to wait a bit as she gets tired/excited so easily right now and with the thyroid still basically uncontrolled, her heart rate is way too high.

After eating so well yesterday, she has just nibbled a bit today. Still looking healthier (minus crud in fur :(sad ) so very glad for that.

Talked with vet today. She agreed with me that we can hold of on steroid until Thursday. No need to put her through two car trips this week. Give her a few days to have thyroid meds. We take her in for another check with Dr on Thursday. Another 2 week antibiotic injection for sure. May do another steroid injection (either 2 day or 6 week depending).

Good news sort of. Maybe bad?
Her kidney function measures normal. That is apparently being masked by thyroid? Anyway, visible issues on xray and the dr could feel the difference in size when she felt. The dr doesn't feel like they are non-functional. So we get the thyroid balanced and see where we go from there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the continuing advice, hugs, support, dust, and for being shoulders to cry on and ears to listen to my fears. This has been so hard especially so soon after losing Sentra. It really helps to get it all out somewhere and be able to look back over my logic or why we are doing or what the dr said. It also really helps to have gentle voices helping me sort reality from emotions and fears and hopes and despairs.

So.... off to bed. I have to be up at 4:30 (5.5 hours from now...) so DH can leave me at work and get to downtown Seattle before the traffic gets bad.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2:20 am

Woke up to hear Lily struggling with sinuses. Am sitting in steamy bathroom with her hoping I can help it loosen so she can breathe better.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is time.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not. Gah. Just want clarity.

Stronger antibiotics and more fluids

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1457434830|4001399 said:
It is time.

TooPatient|1457439259|4001443 said:

TooPatient, I had a heart attack reading what you wrote in the post above. Thank you for clarifying. Sending sweet Lily bucket loads and bucket loads of good luck and healing dust and more kitty (((HUGS))) from me and my crew to all of you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1457439370|4001445 said:
TooPatient|1457434830|4001399 said:
It is time.

TooPatient|1457439259|4001443 said:

TooPatient, I had a heart attack reading what you wrote in the post above. Thank you for clarifying. Sending sweet Lily bucket loads and bucket loads of good luck and healing dust and more kitty (((HUGS))) from me and my crew to all of you.

Thank you.

We had decided. 3:30am trip to emergency vet to make her suffering end. But we got here and she started breathing better.

So now we have stronger antibiotics.
But.... The vet who was hesitant and thought we were giving up too soon saw her a bit longer and (after convincing us another antibiotic may help and Lily getting comfortable again) said maybe we should after all.

Big lump under chin. Feel like possible cancer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no...lots of dust TP. I hope she can rally and I hope it's just a matter of getting her thyroid meds worked out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient, of course I cannot advise you as I am not there and this is such a personal decision. But if I may just share my thoughts.

If Lily is doing better and if she is not suffering I would try that new antibiotic. A lump under the chin can be many things and might not be fatal.

The key in our decisions regarding this matter when it comes to all our sweet fur babies is are they suffering and can that suffering not be alleviated. So unless you cannot ease Lily's symptoms and give her relief OK then you know. But if she is breathing easier and feeling better there is no harm in continuing to search for what might help her.

Just my opinion and in no way do I want you to second guess yourself but if I were in your shoes this is what I would do.

Again, I am so very sorry sweet Lily and your family is going through this and I send you the very best wishes and good thoughts.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this vet is not optimistic about the antibiotics. Thinks neurological issues and possible cancer on top of the rest.

End still very likely near. We are trying the antibiotics and another dose of thyroid meds in an hour.

That said, as long as she is comfortable I would rather have someone come to our house. No stress of car. No poking and prodding for an hour. And she can be with our others rather than us just taking her out and not bringing her home.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1457442713|4001480 said:
Too Patient, of course I cannot advise you as I am not there and this is such a personal decision. But if I may just share my thoughts.

If Lily is doing better and if she is not suffering I would try that new antibiotic. A lump under the chin can be many things and might not be fatal.

The key in our decisions regarding this matter when it comes to all our sweet fur babies is are they suffering and can that suffering not be alleviated. So unless you cannot ease Lily's symptoms and give her relief OK then you know. But if she is breathing easier and feeling better there is no harm in continuing to search for what might help her.

Just my opinion and in no way do I want you to second guess yourself but if I were in your shoes this is what I would do.

Again, I am so very sorry sweet Lily and your family is going through this and I send you the very best wishes and good thoughts.

This is what we decided on. Don't want to rush as long as she is comfortable and we can maybe help.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're doing really well with a tough situation, TooPatient. Lily is in good hands with you and your family. Sending you lots of dust and love today.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you TP.

And hoping Lily continues to be comfortable - give her a kiss on the nose for me/PS.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to send lots of love, TP - this is such a hard thing to have to go through and a tough call to make. (((hugs)))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a great mama, TP! {{{hugs}}} and more dust!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right or wrong to hold off and try more meds, it was worth it. Jus snuggled for a long nap. She walked normal (before, after could hardly stand) to get to me then snuggled across my arm while purring. So I am grateful for that no matter what comes next.

Got her thyroid med on before our nap. 3rd dose to come tonight.

Regular vet got all the info from the emergency vet including about the lump. So hard to keep it all,straight! 2:30 in the morning sure I am losing my girl and trying to remember exactly what meds she had at vet and when plus detailed info about blood work, xrays, and more.

ETA: I took the day off to watch her and also try to get some sleep. Almost none last night. 11pm to 2am then just up and going.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like she's comfortable and content TP, so glad you had some nice quiet time with her. Continuing to send healing dust and hoping for the best…you are doing a great job, I'm glad you're getting some much needed rest. (((hugs)))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is still breathing okay. Wobbly walking but moving a bit. Purring and snuggling lots.

Here is a picture from just a few minutes ago. She has been sitting under our bed when she needs quiet or if I am gone. Keep trying to clean her up. Lots of sinus drainage and lots of food from her face dragging in her bowl.
Sorry for the poor light. If I turned the other light on, it backlights the picture.

0308161655a.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cute picture. Glad to hear you and Lily had some good snuggle time today.

Sending bucketloads of more health and healing dust for Lily.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little poo. No urine today. Emergency get said dulcilax to help slight constipation. Need to check with regular vet. Can barely get her to eat or drink last two days. May not be good for her to take. Want to confirm.

Good news is she is finally eating today. Ate about half her food yesterday. Nothing today until now. Tried everything I knew how. All of her favorites warm, cold, and crunchy.

Hoping for a better night. Want desperately for antibiotics and thyroid meds to make her better. Want her comfortable enough they can have time to work.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When DH and I told our vet that our cat poops every other day, the vet said she should be pooping once a day. The vet suggested we include more fiber in her diet via some alternatives, one of which was pumpkin. Well, not surprisingly, our cat was not interested in plain pumpkin, but she loves our recipe which we call "poopkin". We mix a can of wet cat food with an equal amount of 100% pure canned pumpkin (like Libby's, no sugar added and not pumpkin pie mix). We give her a tablespoon or two of that per day to supplement her dry food. Not only does she love, love, love it, but she poos regularly once per day.

If you don't want to go with the dulcolax option, you can check with your vet to see if poopkin is a good alternative for your current situation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results