shape
carat
color
clarity

SI2 from Fay Cullen - Large Black Inclusion.. What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 8:42:32 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Not that we''d like to think that any vendors would say such things about us, it should be noted that Cullen didn''t mean to send that email to the OP. It was inadvertently forwarded in error according to the OP.

I suspect that there are a few comments and emails about customers from other vendors that we better off not knowing about from time to time
2.gif

The rest of the complaints are more than enough to keep customers warned away
32.gif

Let us not forget that new adage that you should not write in a e-mail what you would not wear on your tee shirt!

(Remember: The Claire Swire e-mail, a very personal e-mail from Claire Swire to Bradley Chait, who worked at Norton Rose a law firm in London. He forwarded it to six friends, one of whom in turn forwarded it further with the subject line of "Do you know Claire Swire" until it spread worldwide within days, and received wide coverage in newspapers and television. Chait later alleged that the email was a hoax perpetuated by colleagues. Because of its wide coverage, the incident is often cited as an example of the problems that staff can cause to the reputation of their employer (and the risk of embarrassment and disciplinary measures) by forwarding personal or questionable material. from Wikipedia, Also Jo Moore (UK, government PR) faced widespread calls for her to quit since sending an e-mail as New York''s twin towers burned, suggesting that 11 September was a good day to "bury" bad news)

It would be good advice to not write it if you do not intend to stand behind it.

ChaserGirl

Rough_Rock
** Final Update **

After waiting over a week for our refund, we contacted FC to find out where it was. As usual, nothing had been done.

They promised us we would be refunded within 24 hours and we were. The really great news is the Aussie dollar had come down in value quite a bit since we made our purchase, so even though FC didn''t give us a full refund, with the new conversion rate we received all our money back anyway.

Now we just need to chase up customs for our $800 and we are back at square one, no harm done.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Glad you stayed on top of them!

wandamas

Rough_Rock
Chase - this really really sucks. When I first started looking at Fay Cullen I thought I hit a gold mine, however after finding pricescope I quickly realized that this was not the way to go. And although it was months before I actually found what I wanted I was completely satisfied with the end result.

I highly recommend Single Stone if you want to give it another go.

Good Luck
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am glad luck was on your side with the exchange rate and you have your money back. This whole process must have been sad so I am pleased for you that the ending (though not your chosen ending) is well.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, I''m glad you ended up getting your money back! At least someone is profitting from our weak dollar LOL. I''ll cross your fingers that the customs process goes well for you!

Are you going to start looking for a ring again?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you got your money back. Hopefully you''ll find a gorgeous ring. The shopping part is the fun part anyway. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results