shape
carat
color
clarity

si quality diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
For a 2 carat round G/H color, GIA cert. diamond, would u recommend SI clarity to save on price?

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am not one of the experts on this site, but we purchased a 1.7 SI1 diamond that is totally eye clean. We personally would not pay for a better clarity than the diamond that we bought.

What is the cut on the diamond that you are looking at? :))

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I haven't bought the diamond yet, just considering SI or VS2. Most people have reservations about SI because more inclusions. VS2 is safe bet that u can't see inclusions only with a loupe.

for 2 carat, I wonder if I should pay more for VS2 instead of SI.

GIA doesn't have crown angle or pavilion depth and most stores don't have the sarin report unless I get it professionally appraised. I wonder if one can just look at stone and judge whether it shines well or not without the above info to judge whether stone is deep or shallow cut.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Hi! Just my opinion, but if you are seeing the SI1 and VS2 sided by side and there is no visible difference - then I would not pay the difference. Why pay for what you cannot see?

Did you ask the jeweler for a sarin report? From our shopping experience at B&M stores, they can get the sarin information for you. We did end up buying online though. Are you getting a good price on this diamond? Have you compared the price that you are paying with the prices here online?

What are your eyes telling you about this diamond? You have to buy what looks good to you. I thought that diamonds looked really nice in the store - then my husband insisted that we go to Tiffany's to see a better cut diamond - as it turned out I was in amazement. Now that we have made our purchase we have visited Tiffany's again - and my diamond was even better than theirs.

:))

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I did check price on pricescope.com and for G/VS2 most falls in 17K+ range. local store gave me price quote off of Rapapport 2 carat G/VS2 for $17500, just estimate. Store is looking for stone for me.

H/VS2 store gave me quote $15300, pricescope price ranges fr. $13000+ so 2K difference in this category.

when u buy online, if store does not ship free, how much is shipping charge, do u know, and if u return, how much for insured shipping since this is not refundable?

seller gave u sarin report and only after you got stone, you looked at it and see if you like it?

what's store's name?

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
We purchased online an AGS certified diamond. We purchased from the Blue Nile, so the shipping was free next day delivery for us. With an AGS diamond, you get all of the figures that you need right on the cert, but with the GIA you need to request the sarin report. We did have our diamond checked against the cert, and they said that it matched it like a finger print.

As far as a sarin report from local jewelers, we were able to get this information very easily. I actually got the sarin for several diamonds that we were considering right over the phone. The jeweler just had to call his supplier to request this information.

Let me add though that we were unable to beat the prices that the internet vendors had to offer. What vendor are you looking at
that does not have free shipping?

:))

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
I decided to do a quick search for you - just look at the following diamonds:

www.goodoldgold.com/2_103ct_i_si1_h&a.htm - $15,000 Bank Wire
$15,345 Credit Card

www.goodoldgold.com/2_33ct_i_si1_h&a.htm - $17,720

www.goodoldgold.com/1_90ct_g_si1.htm - $13,850 Bank Wire
$14,170 Credit Card

www.goodoldgold.com/new_page_2.htm - 1.79 G SI1 Superbcert
$14,365 Bank Wire
$14,696

There is also a 1.9 Superbcert on the pricescope search that is G SI1 Hearts and Arrows for $13,679 (scores .4 on HCA). There is also a 2.10 I SI1 that scores a 1.6 on the HCA for $15,000.

I know that they are not all exactly what you have set as your goal, but this will give you an idea of what it out there. Jonathan at Goodoldgold has a great reputation. If you were to contact him, he would be able to help you. I have hear nothing but great things about him.

I hope that this helps you a little.

:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results