shape
carat
color
clarity

Showing off my new pretties...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
So, in the past couple weeks I got my mind set on starting a colored stone collection. It''s going to take money, a whole lotta spending money...and it''s gonna take tiiiiimmee, a whole lot of precious time...to do it right, child. But I know I really can do it
11.gif

In case you couldn''t tell, I''m in a good mood. I''m not much of a photographer, but here we go:

3.95 amethyst cut by Dan Stair

P1010232-1.JPG

again

P1010260-2.JPG

Lol! I just bumped the thread in BWW asking for pics of your stones...

one more

P1010291-2.JPG

Oooooooooo jumping in the middle of the posting! Octavia - I love love love the amethyst! Dan and Cindi do such great work! I absolutely love amethyst, you have a really pretty one there.... keep posting, I''m still looking! :-)

.57 ct garnet cut by Gene at Precision Gem

P1010301-1.JPG

With my e-ring

P1010311-1.JPG

Away from the window

P1010316.JPG

Hanging out together in my (very) makeshift "lightbox"

P1010324.JPG

again

P1010326.JPG

closer up

P1010331.JPG

Oops, I think the next-to-last and third-to-last photos are a lot more similar than I realized when I was cropping them!

That's all I've got for now. I'm dying to take some outdoors photos, but I live in a city condo, and I have a heart attack just thinking about taking them out onto my balcony...one gust of wind, and poof...so for now, they stay indoors.

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the minty green of the garnet - it''s beautiful!!

Date: 4/7/2009 8:02:27 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Lol! I just bumped the thread in BWW asking for pics of your stones...

Hehe, the garnet just got here today, so I did a photo shoot
1.gif
I don't think I'm going to set the amethyst for a little while, but I want to set the garnet pretty soon...any ideas?

And thank you Jypsie! The cut on the stone is really nice (actually, the cuts on both are wonderful), I love the way they flash in the sun. Amethyst was my grandma's birthstone and I was always soooo jealous when I was little because purple was my favorite color! Now I'm an equal-opportunity gem lover...

Pretty pretty!
That garnet would look delicious in a teeny halo ring or pendant...mmm...

oooh I love that garnet- admired it on Gene''s site for a long time. You know you are a colored stoner when...
20.gif
20.gif

hehe, I''m glad we got you hooked though, Octavia
11.gif

gorgeous!

Ditto the pendant idea.

Oh, so you''re the one that got the cute little garnet from Gene.
9.gif

Both are very pretty, I love the color on the garnet

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
36.gif

Lori

ooh very pretty! I favor the garnet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics