shape
carat
color
clarity

Showin off the rock:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterysparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
My name is Robin and I'm a looooong time lurker on this board. My now fiance, Brian, proposed last friday with an absolutely beautiful ring and a very creative and romantic proposal.

Here is our story~
Brian took my to his hometown in Alabama to meet his parents, family, and friends.This was my first trip there and it was great.
On friday night, Brian took me to this place called Noccalula Falls. They usually have a pretty good christmas light display(according to everyone else). It was nighttime, drizzling a little(more like mist). As we walked up to the gate, we noticed they had closed the park do to "inclement weather".HA, whatever, it wasnt really even raining. Anyway, my new fiance wasn't having it. Let's just say somehow that gate magically opened and we wandered in to enjoy the lights and the large waterfall.It was nice because we were the only two in there at that point. So Brian has me read the story of Noccalula. She was an indian princess,and was in love with a man in her own tribe.But she was to be married to a man in another tribe. On her wedding day, she jumped the falls...very tragic love story. Indian writings were found in caves beneath the waterfall and so the town erected a statue to her, in her memory.

So as we are standing by the statue, Brian begins a very sweet speech...I still didn't know what was happening, until he got down on one knee and said "Will you marry me"?, ring in hand. I was flabbergasted!!!!I that was the most romantic and perfect proposal.I said Yes, and that was followed by a lot of "Thank you"s and excitement:) The mist, the christmas lights, the story...it was GREAT:)

We then wandered around the park and looked at the lights. By the time we left, the police were ushering out about 30 people:) The next day, we went back to Noccalula falls and hiked and climbed under the waterfall. I lack any type of athletic ability, but Brian kept harrassing me about it, and finally I hiked and climbed a good while...the view under the waterfall was just AWESOME and so worth it!

Hehehehe...I'm a diamond nut like everyone else here...and Brian is in the US Navy. We just made it through our first 6 month deployment in the beginning of December.I'm VERY happy to have him home...Before he left be began "making plans", but had no official engagement until last week. But Brian did want me to have a "proper ring" be the time we went to Alabama to visit the parents, so...our version of shopping together was using the net while he was deployed. This is a ring from Good Old Gold, and they were SUPERB in working with us. Sometimes the military, being deployed and things like bank wire can be a problem. They were extremely flexible, so kudos to them.

Ring stats:
D Vatche 18k Royal Crown setting
1.44 J VS2 (J 's are absolutely gorgeous. it faces up so white I can hardly believe it.)
Unbranded RB H&A
Table 54%
Crown Angle 34.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
GIA:Excellent cut grade,polish, and symmetry

Love it!!!
30.gif

IMG_1376copy.JPG

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW! CONGRATS! I really like seeing yellow gold! Very pretty rock!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! Congratulations !!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely, and congratulations on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your engagement! I enjoyed reading your proposal story...he did great!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, what a romantic proposal! He did good, on it, and the ring. Gorgeous, congrats!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! A very lovely and classic ring! Beautiful. (And welcome!
35.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I love your ring, it''s beautiful!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I really love your ring. It''s just classic and elegant and lovely. You guys are such a cute couple. Congrats.

shay

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GS, Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning, and your story touched me. I''m of NA heritage and loved reading your very well put story of your proposal....what a beautiful memory you will have to pass along!

Your stone is lovely and what a great man you have who chose it for you. Best wishes for your future together!
36.gif
35.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet proposal.....congrats...the ring is beautiful.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful proposal!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congrats...I love the ring!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww i love the VRC!!!! it looks great, congratulations!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! It''s rare to see yellow gold on here; looks fab!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Robin! You and your fiance sound like a great couple!! The proposal was very romantic and the ring is beautiful! I hope to see more yellow gold rings on this forum. Cheers!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet proposal...your picture in your siggy is cute, and your ring is gorgeous...congratulations to you both!

susi

Shiny_Rock
You both look so happy and your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations to Brian on a beautiful choice ( bride and ring!)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

shawee

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely ring :)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
glittery that is such a romantic story and a lovely ring... congrats on your engagement and many safe returns for your fiance...

glitterysparkle

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone:) Yes, DF did very well with the proposal and ring...I''m a very happy bride to be. Yellow gold:) Actually it was his insistance on the yellow god, and idea which I warmed up to and now love. DF likes to point out that the image of a wedding band is a plain gold band- and that''s what he wants- something traditional, classic, and screams "I''m married". I love the idea;-) And at this point- I also love that my ring looks different from everyone else''s. The Vatche RC setting is so beautiful. THank you all for the warm welcome!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is a real sparkler and you guys make such a nice couple! Congratulations on your engagement!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful proposal, congrats on your engagement and the ring is gorgeous..the vatche royal crown is one of my favorites..

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!! Classic, yet original with the double claw prongs!! Nice!!!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 10:21:43 PM
Author: glitterysparkle
Thank you everyone:) Yes, DF did very well with the proposal and ring...I''m a very happy bride to be. Yellow gold:) Actually it was his insistance on the yellow god, and idea which I warmed up to and now love. DF likes to point out that the image of a wedding band is a plain gold band- and that''s what he wants- something traditional, classic, and screams ''I''m married''. I love the idea;-) And at this point- I also love that my ring looks different from everyone else''s. The Vatche RC setting is so beautiful. THank you all for the warm welcome!

My FI also wanted a traditional yellow gold band, I was against it ''cause my e-ring is platinum but I got him a watch for christmas an since it''s steel I told him it wouldn''t match his gold band so now he''s getting white gold.. but he really likes yellow gold ''cause it''s so traditional..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results