shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower Thank You Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I know I have seen a thread on here before about this, but I can''t seem to find it.

A few gifts have arrived at my house over the last few days from Macys-I assume they are shower gifts. My shower is supposed to be a surprise, but I do know they are throwing me one, just not sure when or where. This answers my question that it is soon...yay! My question is:

Do I wait to open the gifts? Do I open them now? Do I give them to my mom to bring to the shower with her? When do I send the thank you after the shower or right away(if I open them now)?

I don''t know who any of the gifts are from, but I would think there is a card included...

We have several friends and family who are out of state and will only be able to make it to the wedding so I am assuming the gifts are from them! Its taking everything out of me to not stalk my registry, I kind of want to be surprised as to what people are giving us!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thought (and this goes for wedding gifts as well) is yes open them and write TYs ASAP. That way they know you got it, you have less to write later, and you''re less likely to forget about them.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, that''s what I figured... I''d hate it if I didn''t know someone had received my gift, I''d be worried it got lost!

I can''t wait to get home from work and open it up, and of course get started on the thank yous!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just FYI, some people think it''s bad luck to use shower and wedding gifts before the wedding (because you''re supposed to return them in the event the wedding doesn''t happen), but personally I used all of mine before
27.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Yup - open them now and get some of the thank you cards out of the way!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I''m not going to use any of it until we move into our *hopefully* new house. We close in 18 days if all goes well. Easier to pack up and move if its in its box!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Open them and start writing. Save you writer''s cramp later
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results