shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Spessartite

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Also considering this from a trusted vendor (prefer not to mention who in case of lurkers) who is currently away from the stone.

It's a fiery orange, but, after my experience seeing the other stone irl, I'm wondering if it's going to have the same brown shadowing. This one is concave cut though.

The price is ~$1,500. I don't mind owning both if the price is fair.

Trusted Vendor.JPG
Maybe try this link below?

Do ask questions and do take this vendor's 'no brown tones' with a pinch of salt, though, so do check carefully before you commit. He is not a bad person. But he does want to sell. And his prices are quite reasonable.

I did not buy my spessartite heart from him. I have bought a pair of pink tourmalines from him. He said they were pink and no orange tones. Well, they do have orange tones. But they are lovely tourmalines so I kept them.

Last edited:

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
Maybe try this link below?

Do ask questions and do take this vendor's 'no brown tones' with a pinch of salt, though, so do check carefully before you commit. He is not a bad person. But he does want to sell. And his prices are quite reasonable.

I did not buy my spessartite heart from him. I have bought a pair of pink tourmalines from him. He said they were pink and no orange tones. Well, they do have orange tones. But they are lovely tourmalines so I kept them.

Thanks @ChaiK , this is so much cheaper!

Did you get your heart from Wriston sometime back? Didn't see any recently when I visited him.

It's beautiful btw. A pure orange and no brown whatsoever. But he told me prices are going cray cray right now

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Forgot about this thread! I’ll add this 8 ct Loliondo spess I scored from Gene this year (?? Last year?? What is time, these days??). It’s more of a pure orange, next to my spess with a kiss of red. 4520E2B0-0A43-4853-A243-C6B3FFF6DF6C.jpeg

@NKOTB

I so super love your spess. It’s probably my fav spess amongst the PS-er collections. Pls let me know if you come across another beauty like yours.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @ChaiK , this is so much cheaper!

Did you get your heart from Wriston sometime back? Didn't see any recently when I visited him.

It's beautiful btw. A pure orange and no brown whatsoever. But he told me prices are going cray cray right now

Thank you. Yes, it is pure orange and I am happy with it.

No, I did not buy mine from Wriston. I got it sometime back on a holiday in Thailand (the days when we could travel freely!) and then left it unset for a while.

I don't know about prices rising because I have not looked to buy anything recently. Don't panic about rising prices and maybe just go to shows in Singapore. You are lucky in that you are in Singapore and there will be trade fairs and all. Maybe bargain down. Don't take the first price quoted at face value.

I am only setting my items these days, so am clueless about pricing.

Litnon gems has a few as well.

Just ask if there are brown tones and ask to see natural pictures. Good luck!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Wrapping in tinsel...

7083.jpg 7084.jpg 7088.jpg

I was listening to Diamonds by Rihanna and thought that she could sing "Shine bright like a spessartite" too.

3238.jpg

What fun!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Oh is that new Neptune???
Yes, new to me. Didn't think I need another orange piece...hmm, never say never. I like how the entire bracelet sits low/flush and without the feel of chunky prongs.
What fun!
It was doing alright next to my big bracelet, so it passed the "test" and is staying. Hehe.

Adding my ring to this thread.

Indoor very low light
8423.jpg

Indoor low light
8419.jpg

Diffused sunlight
8486.jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
It is freaking fabulous @Neptune

I love orange!!!! I secretly want another Spess ring but am resisting!

Right on. Get another one in different tone to spice things up. Are you still on the hunt for an emerald?

Happy to know that you like it so I don’t feel bad for the photo dumps. Thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, new to me. Didn't think I need another orange piece...hmm, never say never. I like how the entire bracelet sits low/flush and without the feel of chunky prongs.

It was doing alright next to my big bracelet, so it passed the "test" and is staying. Hehe.

Adding my ring to this thread.

Indoor very low light
8423.jpg

Indoor low light
8419.jpg

Diffused sunlight
8486.jpg
im drooling
i need to borrow your arm for my xmas tree
my colours are green and orange (nothing else)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results