shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Today has always been about my daughter, as its tradition for her to be my Valentine and for me to make her feel special, just like my mother did for me every v-day. & Man, did she need that more than ever today because she stayed home sick with a stomach bug poor girl!

Here's a photo of her loot! The stinky was given half from mama, & the other half I arranged and conquered a rescue from her teacher; the pocket and bag containing a gazillion adorable Valentines, sweets, and gifts from her class. The only unfortunate fact about this tradition is that my five year olds now favorite candy is friggin' ferrero roche & I may have had to go back to the store and purchase a second box of 12 because I ate the first box. :lickout:

20200214_145428.jpg

My new favorite color of roses that I got today as well as a plant I've wanted for some time called "Crown of Thorns" which blooms constantly if happy! The sweet and dainty flowers remind me of a pair of lips & the stem is lined with rose like thorns- what could be more "Valentines day"?!?

The Crown of Thorns plant (or Euphorbia Milii) has been around for hundreds of years and now there are several hybridized versions of them containing longer leafless stalks and larger flowers but the one I have is the original strain. It is also called the "Corona de Cristo" in Latin America or the Christ plant & legend has it that the plant was introduced to the Middle East in ancient times & that it is seen as the crown of thorns worn on the head of Jesus Christ himself.

20200214_180829.jpg
20200214_180726.jpg
20200214_180814.jpg
20200212_101446.jpg
20200212_101507.jpg

& Sadly my romantic ring isn't quite finished but I have these babies :dance:
Just keep in mind my center garnet has cut corners which ties the whole sweet and feminine theme together!
The band has little violet flowers and vines on it.

icm_fullxfull.241716751_go7d1n796hc840gw44oc.jpg icm_fullxfull.237469508_3lcukz53u8o4w0ww0w00.jpg

Last edited:

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Thank you to all who have posted pictures here. You have certainly brightened my day. I haven’t had much down time or me time lately and the half an hour I just spent with my strong black coffee and this gorgeous thread has been a real treat. I am looking forward to looking at EVERY picture posted this weekend :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done, @StephanieLynn!
This was so much fun! And congratulations for being mentioned in JOTW!
I loved photographing some of my baubles, and seeing everyone's beautiful romantic jewels.
What's next? You've got to come up with another fun challenge for us.

NightOwlInCanada

Rough_Rock
Technically we're the 15th, but I wanted to share my surprise gift, as my fiance chose everything himself, in complete secrecy! We have very different taste when it comes to ring designs, and this ring really captures him and what he is about. He likes organic/antique type settings, and I like them more modern. My engagement ring was more my taste, and I'm really happy to wear his now! The pics aren't the greatest, so I will probably take more tomorrow with natural light.

The light champagne diamond is 1.57 carat, VS1 triple EX, on a rose gold setting. I think the rose gold doesn't do this beauty justice, so having it reset on a yellow setting might be a project for the future.
IMG-0046.jpg IMG-0048.jpg

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
I love all your red stones, but I want those two little hearts so badly!!

Thank you! Those tow little rubies belong with few others to my best ones I have. Pure vibrant stoplight red (pics not show the color well), super fluorescent, free of inclusions, no heat. In yellow indoor light they look even better than in daylight. Im always again surprised how impressive they perform in all kind of lights.

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
I love all your red stones, but I want those two little hearts so badly!!

There is also a funny story about that pair. It was long long time ago when I bought this two heart rubies. Back then I was a very newbie and didn't saw so many rubies. The women witch sold me this two had 4 hearts of that size and quality. The two other ones were very slightly less lovely cut in their heart shape. So I picked up this two. Later on with a reputable lab report and the knowledge that such rubies are not so easy to find I met the lady again and asked for the other two. She told me that shortly after I bought my pair she sold the other two to a lady witch very much love them to and she told her that there were 2 others of them already sold. So since then I always ask and try to get the other two but the owner-lady (witch I don't know) like them also very much and is so far not interested to let it go. Even worst, she ask since she has her pair always after mine! That "game" is running already for a very very long time:lol:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Wearing red again today. Sorry for the messy hair pics. Just got in from a very long and windy and cold walk. Brrrrr. Red is the color of heat and love and here’s wishing everyone a warm and cozy Valentine’s Day enjoying it with loved ones.

My contribution today.

3B053CB7-99A7-4C27-B7F1-8159253BD3AC.jpeg
87D3447A-8617-49D8-B092-1EEA60E90FEE.jpeg
48C1F9F3-C51B-4B74-BB0C-88C772DD60BD.jpeg
96FD81B2-580C-43D2-80F2-6095D97CF578.jpeg

Long dangles take the challenging selfie cake. These babies don’t stop moving lol.

And I’m also wearing my pink diamond band from Leibish today. Quick pic.

CCBDC50F-7F13-4076-B027-8B2028CBA79E.jpeg

Happy Valentine’s Day lovelies. ❤♥❤

So beautiful @missy!! I love your jewelry!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful @missy!! I love your jewelry!

Thank you @Fabulous50! So kind of you to say. And may I say that I love your wedding set and your beautiful watch and the jewels you have shared with us so far. I love everything you have shared here!:love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I just have two little ones, but they are very vibrant.
This one is a knock-out!

Thank you, @Diamond Girl 21 and @stracci!!
These spess garnets are something special. Even small ones have such a powerful presence. Do you have any plans for your two, @stracci2000 ? Would love to see them...I just am a huge spess fan!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Today has always been about my daughter, as its tradition for her to be my Valentine and for me to make her feel special, just like my mother did for me every v-day. & Man, did she need that more than ever today because she stayed home sick with a stomach bug poor girl!

Here's a photo of her loot! The stinky was given half from mama, & the other half I arranged and conquered a rescue from her teacher; the pocket and bag containing a gazillion adorable Valentines, sweets, and gifts from her class. The only unfortunate fact about this tradition is that my five year olds now favorite candy is friggin' ferrero roche & I may have had to go back to the store and purchase a second box of 12 because I ate the first box. :lickout:

20200214_145428.jpg

My new favorite color of roses that I got today as well as a plant I've wanted for some time called "Crown of Thorns" which blooms constantly if happy! The sweet and dainty flowers remind me of a pair of lips & the stem is lined with rose like thorns- what could be more "Valentines day"?!?

The Crown of Thorns plant (or Euphorbia Milii) has been around for hundreds of years and now there are several hybridized versions of them containing longer leafless stalks and larger flowers but the one I have is the original strain. It is also called the "Corona de Cristo" in Latin America or the Christ plant & legend has it that the plant was introduced to the Middle East in ancient times & that it is seen as the crown of thorns worn on the head of Jesus Christ himself.

20200214_180829.jpg
20200214_180726.jpg
20200214_180814.jpg
20200212_101446.jpg
20200212_101507.jpg

& Sadly my romantic ring isn't quite finished but I have these babies :dance:
Just keep in mind my center garnet has cut corners which ties the whole sweet and feminine theme together!
The band has little violet flowers and vines on it.

icm_fullxfull.241716751_go7d1n796hc840gw44oc.jpg icm_fullxfull.237469508_3lcukz53u8o4w0ww0w00.jpg

Gorgeous flowers and I love that Info about the Euphorbia! I have a type growing outside, but not sure which as it volunteered itself into the garden.....but Euphorbias are beautiful. Your ring is going to be amazing!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Diamond Girl 21 and @stracci!!
These spess garnets are something special. Even small ones have such a powerful presence. Do you have any plans for your two, @stracci2000 ? Would love to see them...I just am a huge spess fan!

So these are small, maybe 1 ct. or so. I've had them a long time and I forget their weight.
IMG_20200215_105823778.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these are small, maybe 1 ct. or so. I've had them a long time and I forget their weight.
IMG_20200215_105823778.jpg

Oh, they are beautiful! Thanks for showing them! I love the colors of both. The pendant has a kind of soft, flaxen color with the orange which is lively and restful.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh @Bluegemz I love your new spess! So delicious! Im so excited to see how you set this one!

& @stracci2000 I love the variation in color between your two spessartites! It looks like they both have settings that display them perfectly!

This is my one and only spess garnet. Its very small @4x6mm but has a very orange soda color that packs a punch! Someday I'd like to bezel it and wear it with my bezeled purple star sapphire ring!
I have to admit, orange for Valentines day is quite the look!

20200215_121839~2.jpg 20200215_121902~2.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Fabulous50! So kind of you to say. And may I say that I love your wedding set and your beautiful watch and the jewels you have shared with us so far. I love everything you have shared here!:love:

Thank you, @missy !!! SO nice. =)2

Millennialjewel

Rough_Rock
Trade
Okay so what is a DH?:lol-2:
for v day this year my husband completely surprised me with the first jewelry gift he picked all by himself. 18k and plat which made me smile as he said he knows i like platinum

heart necklace.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results