shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your padparadscha sapphires! A lotus sunrise by any other name would smell as sweet...

rockyrookie

Rough_Rock
Love the absolutely beautiful pieces in the thread and the gorgeous colours!

Sharing some photos of my engagement ring - I chose a pad sapphire after learning about them on this forum! It brings me joy when I look at it everyday with the shifts in colours in different lighting

E1AF4F6E-50EF-48F7-830F-1F319F843FF5.jpeg
152BEF77-0064-457A-934D-10BF3160449D.jpeg

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Here's a small alluvial pebble (about 7 mm at it's longest dimension) that came in a 24.85 ct lot of 'spinels' from Madagascar:
Padparadscha pebble Madagascar.JPG

For some reason the camera has made it appear a lot more pink than in person. It is actually a lovely colour halfway between orange and pink.

These stones were sold as spinels but this stone and other coloured ones all show clear pleochroism when rotated in front of the LCD screen, which rules spinel out. There's also a lovely blue stone that shows colour zoning from deep blue to yellowish, as well as signs of a silky sheen under one of the surfaces. Not only that but around half of them are colourless, so I think it's a sapphire lot. I'm willing to bet they are from the alluvial deposit at Ilakaka.

Here's a pic of the entire lot from the seller:
1620302070031.png

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Here's a better pic against a white background. Focus is better, and the colour is a bit closer too, but still pinker than in person:
1620309038565.png

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. What are you going to do with them?

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Interesting. What are you going to do with them?

I'll keep them as is. I prefer my material as found. I also like that mix of colours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results