color
clarity

Show us your Mahenge Spinels

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bump

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn’t seen this thread before so thanks for reviving it. This is my Mahenge spinel and I got a great deal on it. It’s gorgeous. I had it set into a preowned setting and it fit perfectly.

184F671C-EA5A-4C4C-9A4F-0716A8278D47.jpeg 81A27EDF-12FC-4981-833B-7A88A9FF0DBC.jpeg 91A65467-9F28-4CF6-BCF2-FD1D18BBFA57.jpeg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
New recruit to join my gang. I was not looking for a specific Tanzanian spinel, just happen to fall for this pink one from there, per GIA.

It is “uniquely” cut, not clean, and has just enough orange/purple to amuse me.

thumbnail_IMG_1984.jpg

A diffuse light charmer, too sweet!

thumbnail_IMG_1014.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1192.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1565.jpg

Tilt window, but I don’t hate it.

thumbnail_IMG_3078.jpg

When the sun hits…oh fluorescence, so jammy indoor and outdoor!

thumbnail_IMG_2936.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2540.jpg

Hello red & purple!

thumbnail_IMG_4294.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4669.jpg

Mood lighting.

thumbnail_IMG_5520.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5827.jpg

Scintillation & sparks always come out as white with my geriatric phones, but the flash is pink in person.

thumbnail_IMG_6778.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6788.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New recruit to join my gang. I was not looking for a specific Tanzanian spinel, just happen to fall for this pink one from there, per GIA.

It is “uniquely” cut, not clean, and has just enough orange/purple to amuse me.

thumbnail_IMG_1984.jpg

A diffuse light charmer, too sweet!

thumbnail_IMG_1014.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1192.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1565.jpg

Tilt window, but I don’t hate it.

thumbnail_IMG_3078.jpg

When the sun hits…oh fluorescence, so jammy indoor and outdoor!

thumbnail_IMG_2936.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2540.jpg

Hello red & purple!

thumbnail_IMG_4294.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4669.jpg

Mood lighting.

thumbnail_IMG_5520.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5827.jpg

Scintillation & sparks always come out as white with my geriatric phones, but the flash is pink in person.

thumbnail_IMG_6778.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6788.jpg

IMG_0738.gif

Holy sh*t! That is freaking insane! All your rings are gorgeous, but I could eat that baby up. So much delicious pink goodness right there. Please tell me all the details. How big is it? Where did you get it? All the things!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
IMG_0738.gif

Holy sh*t! That is freaking insane! All your rings are gorgeous, but I could eat that baby up. So much delicious pink goodness right there. Please tell me all the details. How big is it? Where did you get it? All the things!

Whoa!

That means a lot coming from you. I appreciate your generosity in posting/sharing photos of your gems to educate members of this community, I’m a better to show than tell type visual person, so I learned a lot from your posts.

The spinel is barely over 3 carats, set in satin finish 18k gold. It’s a finished ring so I have no say on the design, but at least it’s not a halo, no offense, hehe. Allow me to not reveal the jeweler…there are things I’m not completely satisfied about, still not sure how I feel about them, you know what I mean? I do enjoy the spinel tremendously.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @Neptune! This beauty deserves it's own thread. Off to search if you have made one. :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

That means a lot coming from you. I appreciate your generosity in posting/sharing photos of your gems to educate members of this community, I’m a better to show than tell type visual person, so I learned a lot from your posts.

The spinel is barely over 3 carats, set in satin finish 18k gold. It’s a finished ring so I have no say on the design, but at least it’s not a halo, no offense, hehe. Allow me to not reveal the jeweler…there are things I’m not completely satisfied about, still not sure how I feel about them, you know what I mean? I do enjoy the spinel tremendously.

You are so sweet. I love to share my bling. It’s a pleasure that I don’t really get in real life (unless you count my DH, but those oohs and ahhs just aren’t the same. lol). I enjoy seeing your bling pics too. I love how vibrant your collection is.

I’m glad you wrote back because it gave me the perfect excuse to ogle your new ring again. I am obsessed with that perfect rich pink color. It’s everything I look for in a pink spinel. :kiss2:

Ps. 3cts is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when it’s a freaking stunning mahenge spinel (those prices have been insane for a while now).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results