shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your jewelry boxes....How do you store & organize your jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I like that Bombay one, it's different and Butterfly yours looks all nice and filled up!! Tacori I like that purple one too.

Mine is just a starter but it works perfectly for me! hehehee. Someday...!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
The only type of jewellery box i would want is quite expensive.. it is called a wall safe!

But seriously, i don''t like the thought of this pretty little box sat in my bedroom on display, just waiting for someone to come in and steal it.

I haven''t got much...but what i have got is hidden.

bloddie
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that this thread should be linked to another one which grew from a discussion of jewelry boxes for rings into a more general discussion of jewelry boxes. I bought several boxes while participating in the thread for which a link is posted, but my jewelry is still unorganized. I do not want my good jewelry in the house and I cannot decide into which box to put the other items I have!

Older Thread on Jewelry Boxes

Deb
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After thinking about this since I posted yesterday, I agree with the others who would encourage you not to put your best jewelry in a jewelry box on your dresser. That is fine for the things that are not important to you. But for the most special and expensive pieces, you want to have them more hidden. The fishing tackle box in the husband''s closet might be a great idea. You could also get a cute little box like LM''s and tuck your special things away somewhere (tell your husband where you hide them in case you forget, Lol!). I thought about this because my grandmother had a beautiful pin that had belonged to her grandmother in her jewelry box, and it was stolen one time when we were on vacation. Insurance can never reolace sentimental value. A jewelry box will always be a target of thieves, so don''t keep your most precious jewelry items in such an obvious place. My dresser drawer is also a bad idea, and I need to follow my own advice and move those things!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I have this style black leather jewelry box. It holds everything and has a handle so I carry it into the bathroom when I''m getting dressed and make my jewelry selection based on what I''m wearing.
9.gif

I DO NOT leave my box in plain sight in the bedroom. I have a small stepladder in my walk-in closet, and my box hides snuggly underneath. My kids'' friends are all great, but you just never know what could happen leaving an unlocked jewelry box on the dresser.
20.gif
Out of sight, out of mind I think. My hiding spot certainly would not prevent a robber from finding it, but I am insured and we have a house alarm so I''m not terribly concerned.

I''ve been wanting to get a fireproof safe for our basement large enough to keep not only my jewelry but also to keep our photo albums. I have a fear of fire and losing our photographs which could never be replaced.

lilsjewelrybox.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is slightly off-topic, but speaking of safes, a volunteer fireman told my husband that most safes sold to homeowners would really not withstand a serious fire. He said the safest place is usually your freezer!!! (Not that I am recommending putting photos or jewelry in the freezer!).

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 10:49:28 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Here is what my fossil one looks like.
My aunt got me this same Fossil jewelry box for Christmas a couple of years ago! I use it whenever we travel...it''s wonderful!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I really like your jewellery box diamondlil!!

Heather

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 2:51:25 PM
Author: diamondlil
I''ve been wanting to get a fireproof safe for our basement large enough to keep not only my jewelry but also to keep our photo albums. I have a fear of fire and losing our photographs which could never be replaced.

Recently I scanned in all our pictures, put them on DVDs and had cflutist take a copy in to work. (Besides the copy here at home). That way, they are in two different locations, so if a disaster strikes, we will be able to reproduce the ones we want (such as our wedding pictures from 10 years ago)...

We also scanned in all our credit cards, valuable documents, etc and put them on a mini CD that went into the safety deposit box.

Katrina was quite an eye-opener for a lot of people....

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
I have this style black leather jewelry box. It holds everything and has a handle so I carry it into the bathroom when I''m getting dressed and make my jewelry selection based on what I''m wearing.
9.gif

I DO NOT leave my box in plain sight in the bedroom. I have a small stepladder in my walk-in closet, and my box hides snuggly underneath. My kids'' friends are all great, but you just never know what could happen leaving an unlocked jewelry box on the dresser.
20.gif
Out of sight, out of mind I think. My hiding spot certainly would not prevent a robber from finding it, but I am insured and we have a house alarm so I''m not terribly concerned.

Ooooo diamondlil, that box is BEAUTIFUL. Just the style I''m looking for!

Where can you get it?
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
diamondlil, your box is fabulous! It looks even more practical than the fishing tackle box (
3.gif
) while being very good-looking!!!

Butterfly, yours is so pretty too, and so organized! Yikes, this thread is definitely inspiring me to get my things in order.

I might as well post the exterior of my wooden one that a friend gave me years ago. I think it''s pretty, even if it does look Mother or Grandmother or older woman
5.gif
. After all, I am an "old-fashioned girl"...
1.gif

(I apologize if the pic is too big; I couldn''t resize it today.)

DSCN3102.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 7:17:21 PM
Author: websailor

Recently I scanned in all our pictures, put them on DVDs and had cflutist take a copy in to work. (Besides the copy here at home). That way, they are in two different locations, so if a disaster strikes, we will be able to reproduce the ones we want (such as our wedding pictures from 10 years ago)...

We also scanned in all our credit cards, valuable documents, etc and put them on a mini CD that went into the safety deposit box.

Lordy, Websalor, talk about a ginormous undertaking. That would take forever! I have not only my own photos, but 2 big boxes of very, very old family photos. I''ll put this task on the *long list*.
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Old fashioned girl,
I really like yours. It is so pretty and antiquish looking!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 10:58:12 AM
Author: miyabi_na

9.gif

20.gif

Ooooo diamondlil, that box is BEAUTIFUL. Just the style I''m looking for!

Where can you get it?
1.gif
Me too, Diamondlil....I want one! Not that I have enough to fill it...but I like the way it''s laid out and I can dream!
Would you mind sharing where we can find this?
Thanks!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the compliments everyone. It keeps all my jewlery organized in one place very nealty. I especially like the side doors that allow me to hang my necklaces so they don''t get tangled.

I got the case on eBay a couple of years ago. I don''t remember the name of the vendor or even how much it was, but I''m thinking it was under $100. If you search for *leather jewelry box* you''ll get a huge selection. I have seen similar boxes in vinyl rather than real leather, and that would bring the cost down significantly and still give you a really nice case to organize your collection.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 11:03:53 AM

Date: 1/29/2006 7:17:21 PM
Author: websailor

Lordy, Websalor, talk about a ginormous undertaking. That would take forever! I have not only my own photos, but 2 big boxes of very, very old family photos. I''ll put this task on the *long list*.
9.gif
Yeah, it was/is (found another box, have a few to finish up). LOL, I have a few more pics than you, so it took a long time... I don''t have a count of the # of albums, but I do know I have 7 of the large plastic tubs full of albums.... That''s probably about 100+ albums. Anywhooo the picture count is ~29,000 now....

Those very old family photos are priceless!!! Those especially were the ones I wanted to be sure to keep.

The other reason for that was so we can share the different phtos we have between everyone in my family - with 2 sets of parents and 5 kids, spread out throughout the nation, it''s a great way to share some of our lives with each other....nothing like the old family photos to get people talking!

As a present one year, my Mom filled an album we sent her with photos of me and some of the other kids when we were babies and growing up. Best Xmas present I''ve gotten in a long time!!!!!

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 1:39:35 PM
Thank you for the compliments everyone. It keeps all my jewlery organized in one place very nealty. I especially like the side doors that allow me to hang my necklaces so they don''t get tangled.

I got the case on eBay a couple of years ago. I don''t remember the name of the vendor or even how much it was, but I''m thinking it was under $100. If you search for *leather jewelry box* you''ll get a huge selection. I have seen similar boxes in vinyl rather than real leather, and that would bring the cost down significantly and still give you a really nice case to organize your collection.

Thanks! I really like the case too...esp the necklace part. I''m famous for tangling my necklaces together when they sit in a dish
15.gif

The main thing that attracts me to it is the style. It matches my bathroom (black, grey, white) and my bedroom! (black brown)....so I can have it sitting out in both places and it''ll match perfectly
5.gif

now I must go hunt on ebay....
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results