shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your houses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ahahahaha, too funny fleur

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 11:22:16 PM
Author: Miranda
Date: 6/3/2008 11:12:24 PM

Author: fleur-de-lis

Here''s our place. It does get kind of noisy from time to time; but the way we figure it, the less we spend on housing, the more I can spend on bling.
It''s beautiful! I''ll bet its eco friendly! None of that nasty electricity or gas to muck up a perfectly good house!

So true, so true. Fortunately, it has interior plumbing, so we''ve done some upgrading since we''ve moved in.

diamondtoiletb.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! How did you get a picture of Mariah Carey''s loo????

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 11:49:17 PM

Date: 6/3/2008 11:22:16 PM

Date: 6/3/2008 11:12:24 PM

Here''s our place. It does get kind of noisy from time to time; but the way we figure it, the less we spend on housing, the more I can spend on bling.
It''s beautiful! I''ll bet its eco friendly! None of that nasty electricity or gas to muck up a perfectly good house!

So true, so true. Fortunately, it has interior plumbing, so we''ve done some upgrading since we''ve moved in.
I''ll bet all that platinum is soooo cold to sit on.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't get to post the rest of pictures last night cause I went to feed Savannah. By the time she went back to sleep, I was puckered out.

HaloAngel - When we bought the house, the walls were already painted. And fortunately, the color was similar to my last house. The only painting that we did were the ceilings. We didn't have the time to paint the house. The whole house is the same color and I never did think to ask. Which will totally come back to bite me if I ever need to do touch ups. Now, since you like this color, I can give you some recommendations that are similar. I worked with a Benjamin Moore representative in my old job and I got to know their line fairly well. All of my recommendations are Benjamin Moore and the paint that I would recommend is Aura. It's not cheap paint, but I will tell you that spending a little extra on paint can make your room look like a million bucks. Here are some colors for you: Blond Wood (the color in my old house, almost the same as the current house), Twilight Gold, and Barely Beige. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this color is Blond Wood in a different type of paint. Plus, a color might look different depending on the sun exposure to your home.

By the way, the Benjamin Moore Aura is about $55.00 to $65.00 a gallon, it depends on where you live. Keep in mind that with Aura, you don't have to prime.

Another good line of paint with AMAZING quality is Ellen Kennon. She can match ANY brand into her paint and it looks better (she doesn't use black in any of her colors). The only negative is that you have to be close to a Dulux/ICI dealer. If you want to know more about either the BM Aura or Ellen Kennon just tell me.
1.gif

Rosebud - I like to think I have a very traditional style. Thank you for the nice comments.

Skippy - No, I don't think it's a lake, more like a pond maybe? It's smaller than it looks. I took a picture from the patio that I will post. You're so sweet!

San Diego Lady - Thanks for the comments, beautiful! The dining room table and the benches in the dining room came from this eclectic store (I say that lightly, lol.) in New Orleans that was going out of business. The table and chairs in the breakfast area came from Home Decorators Collection. I don't know if they're still available, I purchased those in January. I also got bar stools that coordinate for the kitchen island. Here's a picture of the kitchen, pretty much the reason why we bought this house. I refused to buy a house and have to remodel a kitchen. Honestly, I don't like the cabinets and the granite is WAY too busy for me, but it is what it is.
25.gif

kitchen_2.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Fleur - ROFLMAO I can so picture you sitting there on your diamond encrusted loo shaking from the train rattling along
but staring at your 5 ct. pink diamond from Argyle!

Far from white trash, er, do you have all you teeth?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, I''m all for it!

In other news, DO NOT GET A DIAPER GENIE!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:38:03 PM
Author: lovelylulu
oh my gosh vepergirl can DH and I move in?!?!? we live in DC-proper and love our condo, but your house looks so perfect.

sum: i heart rowhouses and would consider baltimore but for the burly commute back and forth from work. i tend to work longer hours and therefore like my current 6 minute commute
3.gif

everyone has such lovely homes

i tried to post a pic of ours but it''s not working for some reason...
Hi Lulu,
Thanks for the compliment! It''s so funny - we live in Reston, and my husband works at the Pentagon right now, so we bought this house because it was a relatively easy commute for him. Now his company is moving him to manage a large project at a military base near Baltimore - so, just when we settled in here, now he''s going to have to commute to work up there for a few years. You can never beat the traffic in this area :p You are pretty lucky with only a 6-minute commute! Also, I was raised in NYC and lived in Boston for many years, so I am really a city girl at heart. You are so lucky that you get to live right in DC!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
vespa: perhaps we can house swap
3.gif
. i do love living in the city (we''re right across from the zoo so it''s a good mix of urban, but with trees/space) however, i also heart closet space and backyards and offstreet parking!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lulu! I remember the discussion we had a couple of years ago about Baltimore vs. DC and the commute. It hasn''t gotten any easier for me... it took me 4 hours to get home the other night because of train issues, but my neighborhood just keeps getting better and better so it''s the job I want to change, not the city. It''s a great area to live in, but yes, a 6 minute commute would be nice too. Hoping to find that up here!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
sum, hang in there. there was a fellow in my office that loved his baltimore home, but was commuting to our office in DC. Then he found a great job right in baltimore and is now living the life -- great home, job and commute. it''ll happen. my DH and I recently took a mini-vacation in baltimore. it''s just such a fun, quirky town. we went to the american visionary art museum, brewers art, this great architechtual salavage spot called housewerks (got the most amazing leaded glasses windows) and the bicycle bistro which was oh so tasty. DC is a great town, but it lacks some of the individuality you''ve got going on in baltimore!

attempting again to attach

luluhome12346.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pennquaker, I am awed! Not only am I awed by your home, but also by the way you keep it. If that were my home, I would have piles of paper on every surface within days of moving in and pretty soon that glamorous home would look trashy. Your home is gorgeous and you live as if you should be living in a beeautiful house like that!

Deb
34.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love your painted ceilings, Penn! I have a few painted in my house and the rest seem naked without it done. Will you come accessorize my house????? You do such beautiful work!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 11:55:18 AM
I love your painted ceilings, Penn! I have a few painted in my house and the rest seem naked without it done. Will you come accessorize my house????? You do such beautiful work!
The previous owner of the condo we just purchased painted ALL The walls. I guess the person before last was an interior decorator and sure went to town on the place. Luckily all the colors match my furniture or repainting would create a major nightmare for me! Most of the walls are taupe and similar shades, so their very toned down, and upstairs in the master it's a light butter color which looks great with my nearly black colored comforter.

I think I'd go crazy in a house with all white walls after seeing how much color brings to the interior.

Penn - your house is VERY VERY beautiful!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 2:04:08 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 6/4/2008 2:33:16 AM

Author: pennquaker09

SDL, I''m all for it!

In other news, DO NOT GET A DIAPER GENIE!

I am so there. rofl

::dancing... I''m moving innnn I''m moving innnn!!::

Can I have a pony?
2.gif

OMG, funny story time. So I was talking to my best friend the other day and I asked her about her little sister. The last time I saw her she was like 8, so I was wondering how she was and everything. She goes, "Guess what? My mom bought her a d*mn pony. I was like mom, what the h**l!" She said it in the most deadpan way, it was great.

I have bad memories when it comes to horses, I fell off one when I was 13.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 11:41:36 AM
Author: AGBF

pennquaker, I am awed! Not only am I awed by your home, but also by the way you keep it. If that were my home, I would have piles of paper on every surface within days of moving in and pretty soon that glamorous home would look trashy. Your home is gorgeous and you live as if you should be living in a beeautiful house like that!

Deb

34.gif

Thank you, but you would be thinking differently if you say our bedroom and the upstairs bedrooms. And I refuse to let anyone see the basement. It''s a hot mess. We don''t have a family room upstairs, so eventually the basement is going to be a family room. There''s another kitchen in the basement so thats why the one upstairs stays so clean. I''m gonna have to hire a cleaning person because I''m terribly OCD and I just can''t keep things up like I used to.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks love! You know, I really believe that most people don''t think of the ceiling as a "wall" but it really is. I really want to try Ellen Kennon''s paint, it just makes a room come alive.

As far as accessories, I REALLY miss New Orleans. I hope Nate takes a job back in New Orleans one day because I really loved living there. The architecture and everything is just so beautiful, it fits my style extremely well.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:09:51 PM
Author: MC

The previous owner of the condo we just purchased painted ALL The walls. I guess the person before last was an interior decorator and sure went to town on the place. Luckily all the colors match my furniture or repainting would create a major nightmare for me! Most of the walls are taupe and similar shades, so their very toned down, and upstairs in the master it''s a light butter color which looks great with my nearly black colored comforter.

I think I''d go crazy in a house with all white walls after seeing how much color brings to the interior.

Penn - your house is VERY VERY beautiful!

Thanks!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moley! There are some beautiful homes here on PS! not that i''m surprised, with the gorgeous taste in bling and all
2.gif

Penquaker - your RED is amazing!!!!

I wanna play too....Here is my house (old pic taken in ''05 when we bought it)

uobajgio.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Here is the before and after of the Bathroom reno we did about 1.5 yrs ago.
Before (seen here) and After (below it) - you can orient yourself by comparing the window. We ended up expanding the bathroom into the room beside it. GREAT CALL!

BEFORE!.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
After!

window view.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
A different angle...

toilet NEW.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s our house! We just moved in on Friday, so it''s filled with boxes at the moment, but I love it. The natural light is amazing, and we''ve already had 12 people over for dinner, so even though it''s small the floorplan is great for entertaining. It''s just perfect for us.

Here''s the thread I started when we first bought it, it has tons of interior pics.

We''re in Highland Park, Illinois (North Shore of Chicago)

HavenHousssssse1.JPEG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
and another. This is the Vanity we created from an old chest of drawers and some imagination. LOVE IT!

VanityGorgossity.jpg

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 3:19:34 PM
Author: mela lu
Here is the before and after of the Bathroom reno we did about 1.5 yrs ago.
Before (seen here) and After (below it) - you can orient yourself by comparing the window. We ended up expanding the bathroom into the room beside it. GREAT CALL!
Mela, was the remodel particularly difficult - and did you do it yourselves? I''m considering something similar in our house maybe 1-2 years in the future. The master bedroom closet is unnecessarily large, and I''m a little underwhelmed by the master bedroom bathroom.

It looks fantastic, btw!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
we did do it ourself Aloros, my DH is very handy!

We hired an electrician and plumber to do the work (to code) but otherwise, it was all us. We have some trades in the family (tiles) so that was a huge help ;-)

It was really fun! The only not-so-great part was using the ugly basement bathroom while we completed this project. We''ve since reno''s our basement (I''ll have to take pics soon) and it''s allllmost finished!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such beautiful houses! It''s been a pleasure looking at them. Well I guess I''ll share mine, even though it''s not a house. Here''s a bird''s eye view of our condo (photo taken from the empire state building). It''s a new construction that broke ground in late 2006. We closed and moved in in January, but parts of it is still under construction. Will be all done this summer!

n5308897_34467261_3578.jpg

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Here''s our lobby

n5308897_34581927_3719.jpg

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Living room

n5308897_35603259_4702.jpg

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Another view of living room

n5308897_35603263_5939.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results