shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your David Klass bling!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No just not very creative so repeating is easier for me! Maybe I should make one in Rose Gold too then I don't have to think much about the last few loose small stones that I have. =)2

I know you’ve probably mentioned it before but can you remind us of the stone sizes?

Also - everyone chant together- collection thread! Collection thread!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Tell us more about the latest sapphire ring. It’s stunning :kiss2:

Sure.
Intrigued by pieces done by the following artists, designers, & vendors,

Hemmerle
h.jpg

Fabio Salini
f.jpg

Eva Fehren Bespoke
e.jpg

David Klass
dk.jpg

& 100+ year old farmhouse nails,
nail.jpg

I decided to set my AGL heated Ceylon sapphire like this using platinum head and darken 14K gold shank.
6035.jpg

The "twins" are set in slightly darken 18k white gold.
6087.jpg

I apologize for such a long post. Can you tell that I'm just mad about this metal choice!?

Thanks, @Eli22

Hello everyone - I have engaged David on what will be our first piece together. Just wondering what to expect of the process, as I've only ever worked with one jeweler before on custom pieces. In perusing this thread, I can see fellow PSers are keeping him very busy. :lol: Is it typical for weeks to go by in between communications? We're at the very start of the CAD process. Basically, I'm interested to know if he's someone I should check in with or just give him his space. I'm not in a rush, by any means... just a little eager. tee hee TIA!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone - I have engaged David on what will be our first piece together. Just wondering what to expect of the process, as I've only ever worked with one jeweler before on custom pieces. In perusing this thread, I can see fellow PSers are keeping him very busy. :lol: Is it typical for weeks to go by in between communications? We're at the very start of the CAD process. Basically, I'm interested to know if he's someone I should check in with or just give him his space. I'm not in a rush, by any means... just a little eager. tee hee TIA!

My experience is you gotta hound his @$$ most of the time. :D I've had 3 pieces (two rings, and one pair of earrings) made with him, and while they turned out lovely, communication is a bit hit and miss. If it's been a week, unless previously agreed something might take longer, email him again is where I stand with him.

My experience is you gotta hound his @$$ most of the time. :D I've had 3 pieces (two rings, and one pair of earrings) made with him, and while they turned out lovely, communication is a bit hit and miss. If it's been a week, unless previously agreed something might take longer, email him again is where I stand with him.

I'm glad I asked, and appreciate your honesty! I will make a point to gently touch base with him. I requested changes to the first CAD, and I'm super excited to see the next incarnation. :) Thanks so much!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just let him do his thing. Haha We email back and forth when we do the cads..I send him tons of emails in the beginning until I’m sure he understands what I want.Then I stop communicating with him. I just wait until he’s done or asks me a question to clarify.

I can’t wait to see what you have in the works!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't hound them at all. Like @MamaBee I start the project with an email and my design ideas. I get a CAD. Usually only make one, maybe two tweaks and then it's sent off to casting. Once I know it's being cast, I don't bug him. When it's ready, it's ready. I'm not typically in a rush and state that in my initial email. I wouldn't expect "progress reports" once the CAD is approved. Typically I'll get an email with the finished ring photos/video letting me know it's finished, asking me if I approve, and if so, I pay, and it's shipped. Pretty simple actually. if I were in a rush, I'd let that be known at the beginning and request a completion time. I think I've only done that once and my time line was met.

I just let him do his thing. Haha We email back and forth when we do the cads..I send him tons of emails in the beginning until I’m sure he understands what I want.Then I stop communicating with him. I just wait until he’s done or asks me a question to clarify.

I can’t wait to see what you have in the works!

Thank you! I'm excited!!
anotherdancyguy.gif
And your ring set is S T U N N I N G.

I don't hound them at all. Like @MamaBee I start the project with an email and my design ideas. I get a CAD. Usually only make one, maybe two tweaks and then it's sent off to casting. Once I know it's being cast, I don't bug him. When it's ready, it's ready. I'm not typically in a rush and state that in my initial email. I wouldn't expect "progress reports" once the CAD is approved. Typically I'll get an email with the finished ring photos/video letting me know it's finished, asking me if I approve, and if so, I pay, and it's shipped. Pretty simple actually. if I were in a rush, I'd let that be known at the beginning and request a completion time. I think I've only done that once and my time line was met.

I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through the process; many thanks! I may check in here and there just until we finalize the CAD. Then I will leave him to work his magic!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I'm excited!!
anotherdancyguy.gif
And your ring set is S T U N N I N G.

I appreciate you taking the time to walk me through the process; many thanks! I may check in here and there just until we finalize the CAD. Then I will leave him to work his magic!

Thank you @Autumn in New England! I can’t wait to see yours!

David Klass by Neptune Opus 1, 2, & 3

7801.jpg

I always forget who the lucky girl is with that dynamite spessartite and paraiba toi et moi! It's @Neptune, of course! The emerald, the sapphire, the dress... spectacular.
rockon2.gif

P.S. Actually, you inspired me to create a spess and paraiba ring of my own. It's not a toi et moi, and won't be nearly as impressive, but I'm just psyched about the color combo.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perhaps one finds themselves hounding an artist's ass because the artist may be averse to dealing with one. :lol:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
David Klass by Neptune Opus 1, 2, & 3

7801.jpg

I can’t believe I’ve missed this - wow wow wow!!!

Sorry if I’m being blind, are there specific threads dedicated to Opus 1, 2 and 3?

That blue sapphire floating ring especially makes me want to cry!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I always forget who the lucky girl is with that dynamite spessartite and paraiba toi et moi! It's @Neptune, of course! The emerald, the sapphire, the dress... spectacular.
rockon2.gif

P.S. Actually, you inspired me to create a spess and paraiba ring of my own. It's not a toi et moi, and won't be nearly as impressive, but I'm just psyched about the color combo.

First and foremost, where are the hand shots of your posh blue sapphire ring? MANY PSers and I are longing to see it. You cannot just show us 3 skimpy vendor shots and then…nothing. :cry2:I watch that thread in hope of updates, sigh. It’s like being ghosted after the 1st date, what happened!?:lol-2:

Now back to the topic. Thank you and I love my ring. It’s my little sunshine. I’m psyched for you too and looking forward to the show and tell. The combo is a great fun.

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I can’t believe I’ve missed this - wow wow wow!!!

Sorry if I’m being blind, are there specific threads dedicated to Opus 1, 2 and 3?

That blue sapphire floating ring especially makes me want to cry!

Hiya. Thank you. I’m not good at threads but here is a little background of the sapphire ring. Floating ring… I’ve never thought of that term before but I like it. I’m gonna steal it from you, haha.

How’s your revision going?

Intrigued by pieces done by the following artists, designers, & vendors,

Hemmerle
h.jpg

Fabio Salini
f.jpg

Eva Fehren Bespoke
e.jpg

David Klass
dk.jpg

& 100+ year old farmhouse nails,
nail.jpg

I decided to set my AGL heated Ceylon sapphire like this using platinum head and darken 14K gold shank.
6035.jpg

The "twins" are set in slightly darken 18k white gold.
6087.jpg

I apologize for such a long post. Can you tell that I'm just mad about this metal choice!?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya. Thank you. I’m not good at threads but here is a little background of the sapphire ring. Floating ring… I’ve never thought of that term before but I like it. I’m gonna steal it from you, haha.

How’s your revision going?

Ahh this is amazing, the sapphire is beautiful but the pairing with the black rhodium is just sublime! Sad to say that I’ve never heard of Fabio Salini before so will be sure to check out his work. EDIT: Omg, Sothebys London have a sale exhibition of his work in the next week - will definitely check it out. Thanks for making me aware! https://www.sothebys.com/buy/1b8ac8c2-0d97-4f46-b716-0bebfac392cd

I called it floating because it reminds me of the Serti Sur Vide collection by Repossi - I adore this collection and they have cuff/btf rings too ;-)

My revision is all done and not only is it more structurally sound now, but it fits better than it did previously and is so comfortable to wear. I updated the thread with some pics that I won’t post here because it’s not DK, but the link is here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-6-years-in-the-making.274650/post-5165766

Last edited:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Ahh this is amazing, the sapphire is beautiful but the pairing with the black rhodium is just sublime! Sad to say that I’ve never heard of Fabio Salini before so will be sure to check out his work. EDIT: Omg, Sothebys London have a sale exhibition of his work in the next week - will definitely check it out. Thanks for making me aware! https://www.sothebys.com/buy/1b8ac8c2-0d97-4f46-b716-0bebfac392cd

I called it floating because it reminds me of the Serti Sur Vide collection by Repossi - I adore this collection and they have cuff/btf rings too ;-)

My revision is all done and not only is it more structurally sound now, but it fits better than it did previously and is so comfortable to wear. I updated the thread with some pics that I won’t post here because it’s not DK, but the link is here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-6-years-in-the-making.274650/post-5165766

Omg, could you share photos of his works if possible afterwards? His earrings…!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results