shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your cocktail rings

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Bron, the Lalique ring is so extraordinary. I hope you have it on display. It is as much art as jewelry. Thanks for bring that to PS!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving the large and in charge bling! One day.

I always thought they were a large ornate attention drawing ring usually coloured stones a woman brought herself and had origins in the probation period

This may be local lore but rumor had my grandmother was a flapper and this was the story that got shared quite a bit. Speakeasys would serve cocktails in tea cups and ladies would wear their biggest sparklers, pinkies out to indicate what was in their teacup was as over the top as their ring.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am loving the large and in charge bling! One day.

This may be local lore but rumor had my grandmother was a flapper and this was the story that got shared quite a bit. Speakeasys would serve cocktails in tea cups and ladies would wear their biggest sparklers, pinkies out to indicate what was in their teacup was as over the top as their ring.

I want to be a flapper !
My grandma on mum's side grew up brethern, definatly no booze of any kind

My dad used to make her shandies ....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When one really fancies a liqueur coffee, and only drinks one cup of coffee a day in the morning, what should one do?

Have a liqueur coffee for breakfast, of course!

20201129_092732.jpg

DK :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
When one really fancies a liqueur coffee, and only drinks one cup of coffee a day in the morning, what should one do?

Have a liqueur coffee for breakfast, of course!

20201129_092732.jpg

DK :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Ooh,that looks so good!!:lickout::lickout::lickout:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe this would qualify as a cocktail ring - I have finally set the 9mm Rubellite that Jeff W cut for me back in 2015:

20201218_155230.jpg

DK :kiss2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I believe this would qualify as a cocktail ring - I have finally set the 9mm Rubellite that Jeff W cut for me back in 2015:

20201218_155230.jpg

DK :kiss2:

What a beautiful ring,I love it:kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So cocktail rings were big, perhaps blatant, but most certainly very striking. Gold rings were set with a large centre precious stone, in all colours, surrounded by smaller diamonds. A halo ring comes the closest therefore to an original cocktail ring.

Ok... so I have quite a few...
798456 798455

Just ignore the odd small ring here and there. Yeah I love halo rings

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok... so I have quite a few...
B143AAAE-6B05-4F79-843A-06AB44E848F9.jpeg
4812DA7B-F64B-4441-A994-53665EAE1FA1.jpeg C476A7AE-8782-4FA6-9E72-DA763F588997.jpeg

Just ignore the odd small ring here and there. Yeah I love halo rings

Wow !
Love each and every one !
What's that oblong opaque beauty on your index finger ?

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hoping to revive this thread!
I love big cocktail/statement rings and am flirting with purchasing one.
I definitely have Liz Taylor taste and don’t have any qualms about wearing a big ring.
Does anyone else have a big ring to share and how often do you wear it???

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
PXL_20230827_162025818.jpg

Not exactly a cocktail ring but I wore my Rosie out today and, with the halo, she certainly feels large enough to be one! (Excuse the smudges- that life with littles!)

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Hoping to revive this thread!
I love big cocktail/statement rings and am flirting with purchasing one.
I definitely have Liz Taylor taste and don’t have any qualms about wearing a big ring.
Does anyone else have a big ring to share and how often do you wear it???

Love the bombé ring on your avatar, @SapphireBomb !! Can you tell us more about it?

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love all these BIG RINGS!!!
So my Sapphire Bombe ring had a beautiful round cut (rare!) 4.55 carat royal blue sapphire in a mid-century platinum and Marquise cut and round cut setting. Probably 4.0 carats of Diamonds.
I actually traded it in so I no longer own it…hence my newest quest for a large cocktail ring!!!!
I actually am not super sad that I no longer own the ring.
I was consolidating my collection and just realized I truly wanted a no-heat no-treatment Sapphire.
Oh and btw…I wore it whenever I felt like it not just for dress. It probably got more wear when I was in my bathrobe than anything :))

So now I’m on the hunt.
I know no-heat is more of a mind-clean thing but I think there are enough fellow PS-ers who will understand.
Anyway….I have a big Orange Sapphire (9+ carats) that I love and a big Emerald ring so I am on the fence about whether I want a regular everyday Blue Sapphire or whether I want to lean in to my natural “go big or go home” proclivities and buy a Knuckleduster.
I want this next purchase to be investment grade (whatever that really means because jewelry really is NOT the best “investment” but I think telling myself this makes me feel better!) so I am not sure whether it’s better to:
1-buy the best quality sapphire (for example… a 2.0 carat Burma no-heat at $5000/carat
OR
2-buy a 10 carat Ceylon no-heat at $1500/carat

Theoretical of course….so I’m on the hunt!!!
All thoughts/experiences welcome as I think this one over.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my Sapphire Bombe ring had a beautiful round cut (rare!) 4.55 carat royal blue sapphire in a mid-century platinum and Marquise cut and round cut setting. Probably 4.0 carats of Diamonds.
I actually traded it in so I no longer own it…hence my newest quest for a large cocktail ring!!!!
I was consolidating my collection and just realized I truly wanted a no-heat no-treatment Sapphire.
Oh and btw…I wore it whenever I felt like it not just for dress. It probably got more wear when I was in my bathrobe than anything :))

So now I’m on the hunt.
I know no-heat is more of a mind-clean thing but I think there are enough fellow PS-ers who will understand.
Anyway….I have a big Orange Sapphire (9+ carats) that I love and a big Emerald ring so I am on the fence about whether I want a regular everyday Blue Sapphire or whether I want to lean in to my natural “go big or go home” proclivities and buy a Knuckleduster.
I want this next purchase to be investment grade (whatever that really means because jewelry really is NOT the best “investment” but I think telling myself this makes me feel better!) so I am not sure whether it’s better to:
1-buy the best quality sapphire (for example… a 2.0 carat Burma no-heat at $5000/carat
OR

I love big rings and have a few....

I hope you still have those gorgeous Pomellato earrings!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

So now I’m on the hunt.
OR

I am partial to big rings…I cannot lie. If I could find a Burma that was the color of the Milk of Magnesia bottle, I would trade every other one for that.

And I understand no heat hold its value, because that is my preference. I have compared and own Kashmirs, Pailins, Ceylons and Madagascars, and I wear my Madagascar one the most by far. The best ones are silky and shimmer.

Enjoy the hunt, and let us live vicariously!

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh my!!!
@Mrsz1ppy that is an enviable collection!!!
I love them all but that carved coral, opal and carved aqua are incredible….wait, wait…the vivid orange is it a Sapphire?
The RED!:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results