Show us your cocktail rings

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Please show us your cocktail rings.Any/all stones welcome

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
berriclebluering.png
Excuse my dry overly washed and disinfected hands.
Pandemic hands.:wink2:

From Berricle.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
berriclebluering.png

From Berricle.

Oh Wow!!! That is gorgeous missy:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Wow!!! That is gorgeous missy:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you sweet lady.

What is your definition of a cocktail ring @Made in London ?
I googled it and the Oxford definition is:
"a woman's ring with a large, ornate setting, typically having an imitation or inexpensive gemstone in the center."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we are including real stones and expensive rings though I have other rings to share.

Does my Black Opal count as a cocktail ring?

blackcartieropalonringfinger.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the definition of a cocktail ring please?

I am guessing they need to be big and not dainty, however I could be wrong.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the definition of a cocktail ring please?

I am guessing they need to be big and not dainty, however I could be wrong.

See my above definition. It is @Made in London 's thread however. But if you're asking me I say share any big eye catching ring. Real or not. The technical definition I believe is generally faux stones but I included my opal above. Just because more eye candy is always good. No? :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
See my above definition. It is @Made in London 's thread however. But if you're asking me I say share any big eye catching ring. Real or not. The technical definition I believe is generally faux stones but I included my opal above. Just because more eye candy is always good. No? :)

I first came across the term when buying my first real ring in the early 2000's
a main street jewler but when the jewlery chain stores still sold jewlery crafted in NZ not mass produced off shore
There was a bit of who- ha going on at the time because NZ jewlers were up in arms about cheaper Italian imports flooding the market
my ring is one of those
I'll have to fish it out in the morning

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sweet lady.

What is your definition of a cocktail ring @Made in London ?
I googled it and the Oxford definition is:
"a woman's ring with a large, ornate setting, typically having an imitation or inexpensive gemstone in the center."

I would say that times have changed since then & it should include all gems,precious or semi-precious so long as it is large & in charge:cool2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
If we are including real stones and expensive rings though I have other rings to share.

Does my Black Opal count as a cocktail ring?

blackcartieropalonringfinger.png

Fabulous darling!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my biggies, more to add when they are made!

20201121_105641.jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

As missy says any big eye catching ring with any stones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive never heard of cocktail rings being typically faux because they were worn in the 20s to show that the wearer had means
I found this on the net
The story behind the cocktail ring
Cocktail rings first came onto the scene during the 1920s in America, during Prohibition. Cocktails were served at illegal parties, usually to keep the low quality of the strong bootleg drinkable. Well-to-do ladies attended these parties and wished to show they were self-reliant
So cocktail rings were big, perhaps blatant, but most certainly very striking. Gold rings were set with a large centre precious stone, in all colours, surrounded by smaller diamonds. A halo ring comes the closest therefore to an original cocktail ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Ive never heard of cocktail rings being typically faux because they were worn in the 20s to show that the wearer had means
I found this on the net
Cocktail rings first came onto the scene during the 1920s in America, during Prohibition. Cocktails were served at illegal parties, usually to keep the low quality of the strong bootleg drinkable. Well-to-do ladies attended these parties and wished to show they were self-reliant
So cocktail rings were big, perhaps blatant, but most certainly very striking. Gold rings were set with a large centre precious stone, in all colours, surrounded by smaller diamonds. A halo ring comes the closest therefore to an original cocktail ring.

Thank you for sharing that very interesting information Daisys & Diamonds=)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
berriclebluering.png

From Berricle.

She is always worthy of the most beautiful, delish and exspensive cocktail in a lovelly fine glass

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this on the net

Oh then can I post Bubbalah? Halo ring....

:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results