shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Chrysoberyls

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have looked and I could not find a good collection of chrysoberyls all in one spot I was hoping to get one.

Chrysoberyl is a lovely lustrous gem that is hard and durable enough for everyday wear in an e-ring. Currently its priced relatively low and can create lovely engagement rings if the wearer like a bit of yellow :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

It also has a cats eye variety. If you have that, please share too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some that I creates but are not currently mine. The princess was from an eBay seller, 14k white gold solitaire setting. Its 5x5mm

The second is from finewater gems. Its 2cts and a lovely cut. As you can see can be very green or yellow

uploadfromtaptalk1400932035346.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400932046478.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1400932058640.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
This is my 1.5ish carat trillion. It's a bit of a color shifter. It goes from a golden straw color to a minty greenish yellow. It's set in 14k WG.

chryso_006.png

1321900430.png

Loose:

013_1.png

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
What a great way to set a trillion, and an awesome hue on that stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1400899355|3679120 said:
I have looked and I could not find a good collection of chrysoberyls all in one spot I was hoping to get one.

Chrysoberyl is a lovely lustrous gem that is hard and durable enough for everyday wear in an e-ring. Currently its priced relatively low and can create lovely engagement rings if the wearer like a bit of yellow :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I agree, it is a really nice gem, very durable, and when well cut, takes on a fabulous luster and sparkle.

I'm too lazy to gather them all for this thread, but I have a lot of chrysoberyl stones. I think they make fabulous side stones too, so I have a couple of rings with chrysoberyl sides.

For a long time I avoided yellow gems, they were all too brownish, or dull to me. Then I saw that neon yellow highlighter Tanzanian chrysoberyl, and fell in love. I Just love how bright they are.

Here's one for now.

tldiamondcutchrysoberyl.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1400979916|3679485 said:
Niel|1400899355|3679120 said:

I agree, it is a really nice gem, very durable, and when well cut, takes on a fabulous luster and sparkle.

I'm too lazy to gather them all for this thread, but I have a lot of chrysoberyl stones. I think they make fabulous side stones too, so I have a couple of rings with chrysoberyl sides.

For a long time I avoided yellow gems, they were all too brownish, or dull to me. Then I saw that neon yellow highlighter Tanzanian chrysoberyl, and fell in love. I Just love how bright they are.

Here's one for now.

I hope you do gather them eventually I'd really like to see them all!

Thanks for sharing guy. I love them both and I like that they are nice enough to stay on their own in solitaires

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a commercial cut oval from Ryan Quantz, recut by Peter Torraca. My plan is a simple green gold bezel ring, though it'd also look nice surrounded by diamonds. :D

_18600.jpg

_18601.jpg

_18602.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a loose one I have. It's actually pretty much always yellow. Doesn't have green to it. I plan on setting it like this.
Maybe with some rose cuts
Its a 6.5mm cushion from finewater gems.

uploadfromtaptalk1401047286514.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401047306223.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401047356073.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to photograph this one but it changes from a stronger yellow to a soft lemonade. Any green you see is the photos. I really is yellow.

uploadfromtaptalk1401047619298.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
il_fullxfull.332759244%20copy.jpg

danielmrhrs.jpg

Chrysoberyl sidestones, sapphire center stone in my DanielM threestone. Chrysos and sapphire from Mastercut Gems.

eta: wow from this picture it looks like I just like crispy cool lightly-saturated colors. lol.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love these chrysos. Keep them coming!

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
Holy guacomole NKOTB!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xrisus|1401071344|3680053 said:
Holy guacomole NKOTB!

Lol! You know, I can't say I was ever a fan of yellow-green, but this thing really makes me swoon! ;-)

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! *swoon*

Neil, I particularly like the softness in colour of yours!

I think I want one.

....I only signed up to this forum to get more info on sapphires. It appears I'm on the slippery slope of gem addiction.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1401115164|3680312 said:
Oh my! *swoon*

Neil, I particularly like the softness in colour of yours!

I think I want one.

....I only signed up to this forum to get more info on sapphires. It appears I'm on the slippery slope of gem addiction.
Well the good news is they often are very reasonably priced!

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Niel, (sorry I seem to have misspelt it previously!)

Could you point me in the direction of where I might find one? I am in the UK and only know of gem fix (on quick glance I'm not wooed by any on there at the mo)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm let me think.

I got mine from firewater gems and peter torraca. Torraca he only has one on his sight right now but he might have more if you email him. The one on his sight now is large so more expensive. Though if i was doing an erring now who knows, id probably be on that :lol: . I saw Africa gems has a few really soft colored ones, but they seemed expensive. I AJS has a handful, but I've never purchased from there so i don't know how accurate their photos are.

Ebay vendors often have some.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornish, you can also try Jeff Davies.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My chryso from Barry.

untitled__3_0.png

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1401224782|3681186 said:
My chryso from Barry.

All of these stones are really cool, but Packrat, be still my heart :love: Love the stone, love the setting! Perfect!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Cat's eye chrysoberyl from Brad @ The Gem Trader. 6 mm. Origin: Orissa, India
This is an amazing stone. These are Brad's photos.

feb14cechrysoi.gif

feb14cechrysoii.gif

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of those stones are amazing Lula!

Did you ever sett that cats eye?? I don't see them often enough on here. If not, how do you plan to?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula,
Your cat's eye is fabulous; not just great colour but it is very clear, watery and the eye is very distinct. Do you have any plans to set it?

It's great to see chrysoberyl appreciated in CS. It is an amazingly sparkly and durable gem with its only disadvantage being the lack of marketing but I suppose this helps keep pricing low and affordable to those of us who cannot seem to get enough chrysoberyls. ;))

My sole contribution. My chrysoberyl has many different personalities, depending on the light source.

chrysoberyl.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lula|1401246496|3681406 said:
Cat's eye chrysoberyl from Brad @ The Gem Trader. 6 mm. Origin: Orissa, India
This is an amazing stone. These are Brad's photos.

OMG-That is the coolest looking gem ever :appl: Please tell us your plans for it :))

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Lula! You knew I loved your RH chryso, but that's cat's eye is very cool, too!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula: I love your stones!

Here is an old group shot I took - a few have been sold or given away since then, and a few new ones have come along since this was taken.

chryso_family_reunion_preview_5-28-14.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results