shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your capsule jewlery wardrobe!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to get them at the end of the month, @RosieR! It has been so helpful reading here at PS through the years. I used to always want to impulse buy after saving just a bit of money. Now I am more patient, and it feels good to be in a better position, emotionally, to make the purchases. Much more deliberate and “thought-full.” I can’t decide about a pendant or a bracelet/bangle right now, so I know the time is not right and that I should continue to save.

I am (almost) sure that I’m done with studs after the new pair. ;-)

Oh! Which diamond studs did you decide on? I missed that post! Inquiring minds want to know!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have insomnia and when I can't sleep I think of my capsule collection. If I had bought 10 or so key pieces of really great quality jewellery over the years instead of the fiddly stuff I did buy, I might have had some nice things by now. I start at my ears and work down :)

1. Diamond studs about 1.5 tcw. Old cuts chosen by missie.
2. White gold, yellow gold reversible huggies. Maybe some diamonds on the white gold side.
3. Akoya studs chosen by yssie. On the small side 6/7 mm.
4. Pearl strand as above. Maybe tahitian keshi?
5. Gold locket with diamonds, rubies or sapphires. Heirloom quality.
6. A great watch. Need help with this one dancing fire.
7. Three gold cuff bangles in 18kt stackable with old cuts in a pleasing pattern across the 3. Not large diamonds, maybe up to .50 cuts each? Fortekitty would hook me up.
8. Gold link bracelet. Nice heavy one but not monstrous.
9. Old cut OEC engagement ring in a nice vanilla color in platinum. Not too large, maybe 2 ct? Some stackable wedding rings to complete. Missie you busy?
10. RHR blue sapphire ring like acinom. Maybe the baby sister.

Done. If I won the lottery, I'd really enjoy the hunt for some of them and would definitely enlist the help of people here, or concierge. Whatever works.

Stupid insomnia LOL.

Oh. This is totally happen-able. :bigsmile:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! Which diamond studs did you decide on? I missed that post! Inquiring minds want to know!

48F38911-688B-443D-9DE0-6620F755D238.jpeg

@RunningwithScissors I ended up deciding to inch up a bit! Currently I wear 1.01 G SI2, and I’m getting 1.324 G SI1 ACAs. Six-prong setting with La Pousette backs. I will gain .5mm diameter, which will be a big jump on my lobes.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
48F38911-688B-443D-9DE0-6620F755D238.jpeg

@RunningwithScissors I ended up deciding to inch up a bit! Currently I wear 1.01 G SI2, and I’m getting 1.324 G SI1 ACAs. Six-prong setting with La Pousette backs. I will gain .5mm diameter, which will be a big jump on my lobes.

Very pretty! Looking forward to the happy ear pics!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that :))
About to head into an 8 day stretch of shifts and that will keep me daydreaming away. That’s essential so I don’t punch antimaskers when I’m working. I guess it’s frowned upon.
Huh.
I mean. Sounds like efficient problem solving to me. Am I helping?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When it comes to fine jewellery, budget is an issue and I need to think carefully about what I purchase. I also feel bad if there were items unworn in the jewellery box. I have 4 fine jewellery pieces which I wear pretty much daily.

victorian diamond cluster earrings in original gold and silver components are my daily studs:
2AADFBC0-1E20-4B86-8592-7BF30F9527B6.jpeg

3.7+ carat diamond (FG colour SI clarity) and platinum eternity band.
2.6+ diamond (K SI) solitaire in Erika winters Laurel setting.
5.6+ FG SI diamond tennis bracelet in 14k white gold setting:

12170268-4B35-4619-AA1D-95C55B1BA5FB.jpeg

What a stunningly beautiful collection!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for that :))
About to head into an 8 day stretch of shifts and that will keep me daydreaming away. That’s essential so I don’t punch antimaskers when I’m working. I guess it’s frowned upon.
Huh.

Nope
Punch away
you wear steel caps ?
Nothing like a good kick to the shins to get those masks back on

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to say that I actually WEAR a capsule collection 99% of the time, but I have collected more than that due to having two daughters and two granddaughters in mind (and because I like jewelry)! What's crazy is that I still do not have my capsule diamond collection complete! I am debating about upgrading my studs one final time and still need a diamond bracelet. So I am not posting pics at this time! As a complement to my capsule diamond collection, I plan to have a small VCA capsule collection. I have a couple of Tiffany and Cartier pieces that I occasionally wear, as well. I think after this year and next, I really will have my basic capsules all complete.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely a minimalist when it comes to fine jewelry. My pieces that get worn daily are:

1. 7 diamond platinum band (I usually wear this on my left hand in lieu of my engagement ring and wedding band - those I would wear when I go into my office to work, which I haven't done for year, or when going out which again I haven't really done for a year).
2. Cartier rose gold 8 diamond love band as RHR
3. Tiffany Victoria medium pendant in yellow gold
4. Whiteflash DBTY yellow gold bracelet on right arm
5. Roberto Coin yellow diamond huggies
6. Yellow gold flexible 1ctw diamond bangle on right arm

Items 2-5 shown and both bracelets shown in pics below.

Attachments

• tempImage0M3H6d.png
    tempImage0M3H6d.png
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • tempImage7BuxA0.png
    tempImage7BuxA0.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock
I am certainly not done with jewelry, but made a conscious decision a few years ago to buy either a truly low cost trendy item (rattan earrings for vacation etc) or to save up and buy fine jewelry, if it's a classic piece.

Mine consists of (all white gold):
- transitional diamond halo engagement ring w/ thin pave wedding band
- 1 cttw diamond studs in milgrain bezels
- .53 oec diamond bezel necklace
- a half diamond eternity
- a full diamond eternity with alternating shapes

Items I would love to add are:
- jackets for my studs
- tennis or love bracelet

Attachments

• 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200621130924047_COVER-01.jpeg
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200621130924047_COVER-01.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200723101839627_COVER-01.jpeg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200723101839627_COVER-01.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first PS post I’ve ever created! I am working on culling my jewelry collection and focusing on acquiring fewer pieces in my signature style (still working on figuring out what this is too!).

Below are my two most worn, and favorite, items - JbyG askew heart pendant (14k rose gold, 0.75 E, VS) and JbyG antique cushion (14k rose gold, 1.51 J, VS). Next up for me is acquiring rose gold martini settings for my inherited round stud earrings (1.00 ctw).

Let’s see your collection of everyday pieces!

What do you think every modern woman needs in her jewelry capsule? C16C1377-AF48-4F64-8C8C-CBC91B2769F3.jpeg D4857332-83DA-42AD-8E8A-3F0BFFAF3F86.jpeg 87EE37EF-1ADD-4584-931E-74790802841C.jpeg

Beautiful pieces. Classic and elegant. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like many on PS I too love to collect so cannot limit myself to just a few pieces. I have too many to count and just yesterday went back to where I keep most of my pieces and tried going through them (in a limited amount of time) and couldn't even get halfway through. One day I will categorize and label everything because I don't even remember the full extent of my collection. I adore most of them for different reasons.

My plan is to go through it all and give away what I haven't worn for years. To my sister and nieces who can appreciate them now and while I am still here I want to give it to them personally. So yeah I am more of a collector than anything and while I enjoy wearing my pieces most of them haven't been worn in a very long time.

In terms of wearing jewelry I am a true minimalist as I generally only wear a ring and earrings. That is it.

What I am wearing right now. My OEC and my OEC studs.

bubbalahmaryannandgingerinfrontyard.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the idea of a capsule jewelry collection. @diamondseeker2006 said I was a jewelry minimalist and it didn’t realize it but I think she’s right. If I have one that fits the purpose I don’t usually see the need for more. Here are my must haves.
6397E900-B671-496D-9CE0-49D1ED936C21.jpeg

Like many on PS I too love to collect so cannot limit myself to just a few pieces. I have too many to count and just yesterday went back to where I keep most of my pieces and tried going through them (in a limited amount of time) and couldn't even get halfway through. One day I will categorize and label everything because I don't even remember the full extent of my collection. I adore most of them for different reasons.

My plan is to go through it all and give away what I haven't worn for years. To my sister and nieces who can appreciate them now and while I am still here I want to give it to them personally. So yeah I am more of a collector than anything and while I enjoy wearing my pieces most of them haven't been worn in a very long time.

In terms of wearing jewelry I am a true minimalist as I generally only wear a ring and earrings. That is it.

What I am wearing right now. My OEC and my OEC studs.

bubbalahmaryannandgingerinfrontyard.png

I am a mimimalist, too, in terms of what I actually wear!!! I've just collected more than I wear! So like you, @missy , I will be giving my daughters some of my pieces while I am around to hopefully see them enjoy them! Some will be for the granddaughters. I now have my two main diamond rings completed (YAY!!!). I need to make a couple of colored stone rings for my younger daughter with little fingers due to most of my rings not being able to be sized down for her.

I am trying to be extremely careful about any additional pieces I buy. VCA could be another endless black hole, but I am trying to limit myself to a few great pieces that I might actually wear. That means I won't add much more!!! I am upgrading my studs now for one final time. I want some kind of diamond bracelet. That's where I need to stop!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results