shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am posting my real antique diamond bracelet - my ring size precludes purchasing antique rings. I wear it with contemporary ruby ring, and it works well.

20170422_161705.jpg

20170422_161644.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are mine.

One is a 0.80ct H VS OEC in a modern version of a buttercup mount. The diamond came like that in the buttercup mount, but looking at it, I think it is modern, though the inner head that holds the stone may be original. The ring is now my mom's engagement ring!

Next up is my 0.97ct I VS2 OEC in its original mount, which I think is a period mount. Unfortunately, it was really not a nice ring. The filigree was so badly done (not cast well) an the ring had been badly reshanked. I seset the stone into a modern fishtail style solitaire in white gold. The diamond looks much better!

ddOEC3.JPG

drea2OEC16.jpg

drea2OEC17.jpg

OEC 007 - Copy.JPG
Beautiful stones and rings, I especially liked the flower mount (the top one - you call it buttercup). I have a naive question. The cuts are so perfect, are these diamonds recut, or are the cuts modern, or do they get repolished? How do people achieve such perfect effect in old diamonds?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I forgot these two rings.
The first one - very cheap - a tiny sapphire cabochon - comes from 1955, approximately.
Here is the story. My maternal grandma used to wear it. When she married my grandpa, around 1930, she followed him to Southern Uzbekistan, where my mom and her brother were subsequently born.
Grandpa was a military surgeon. He did many things, including one that he never told grandma about. He consulted in a leprosorium, where parients with leprosy were rotting alive in pre-antibiotic era. He would amputate toes and limbs eaten away by this horrible disease. He volunteered, as always, because other surgeons refused to.
He was told at that time that if he would not contact leprosy within 25 years, he could consider himself safe.
So in 25 years, he bought grandma this ring, and told her the story.

20170423_125324.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another family. Two poor peasant orphans, my paternal great-grandparents, were married because they were poor. Great-grandpa was tall, blond, handsome, likely, had Finnish roots, and was very hardworking. Today he would have made an excellent vet, he loved animals, in his time, he taught himself to read and worked as the village vet without a diploma. So this ring, with synthetic sapphire, was purchased by my great-grandma when they sold their first crop of wheat. A symbol of prosperity.
It is one of the very few things that survived collectivization in 1929, so I keep it. The family told me it was an alexandrite, but no...

20170423_125344.jpg

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to hear your opinions on the vintage engagement ring? My fiancé asked me if I would like to have it and I would to hear any input

IMG_4622.JPG

It is unusual, original, beautiful, and would stand out among so-traditional-diamond-wedding-rings. As I was looking at it, I thought, i'd say, yes, and later upgrade the diamond (it is small, so even a canary one of such size should not be too expensive).
But the question is, would you like to look at it, daily? Is it your style? Do you enjoy looking at it on your hand? Tastes are so subjective.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my vintage ring setting. I purchased the setting about 5 years ago for a steal and had my original e-ring diamond (modern cut) set in it. Sadly, it's been sitting in my jewelry box ever since. My modern diamond just doesn't suite the setting at all. But here she is! It's platinum with a 22 diamonds and sapphires (not sure if the sapphires are synth. or not).

1930sring.JPG

ShallyLim

Rough_Rock
They all are outstanding :)

Millerbright

Rough_Rock
My upgrade ring is this baby. 1.70 ct brown-yellow fancy centre stone VS2 old mine cut, and 0.50 ct total for the side stones European cuts, with small rose cuts on the band. She is from the 1890s but the centre stone was cut before the civil war. I can only imagine what she has seen in her long life...

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have viewed every single post in this thread.. ya'll make me want to shop.. lovely!!!

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
New to me rose cut wedding band :love: 9 stone 14k white gold 1.5-2mm .50 tcw it's a bit big so depending on my new setting I might size it down if not, rhr. I'm curious as to how old it is. Listing stated Art Deco but ? No markings on the inside band besides 14k. Anyway I'm crazy about it!!! My first rose cut piece
IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
New to me rose cut wedding band :love: 9 stone 14k white gold 1.5-2mm .50 tcw it's a bit big so depending on my new setting I might size it down if not, rhr. I'm curious as to how old it is. Listing stated Art Deco but ? No markings on the inside band besides 14k. Anyway I'm crazy about it!!! My first rose cut piece
IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG
Show them the video!!!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've got to stop reading the threads. I have severe shopping issues. Thankfully this was the ebay deal of the week and affordable. It's dated 40's-50's and is a little over 1ct omc. The stones are rated si/i and the color is j/k. I'll have to get it graded and appraised. Just love it!!!!

omc band2.jpg

Toekneetang

Rough_Rock
I thought it would be fun to start a thread with a compilation of everyone's Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings. I'll start by posting some from older threads. I hope the owners do not mind.
image1 (1).JPG

my brooch is on the right, i found this other photo on line after weeks and weeks of searching for where this could of possibly came from.

image1 (1).JPG

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't come to this forum any more.. all I do is spend money :doh::evil:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think I've put posted mine up yet - 1.08 H VS2 OEC in a platinum fishtail prong setting with straight baguettes - it's shallow (7mm spread) and has a couple of chips but is sparkly as hell and I see the coolest rainbow fire and petals under the table. My wedding band is a 40's (ish) two-tone 14k RG/WG orange blossom band.
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Im in love.. what a beautiful set.

I dont think I've put posted mine up yet - 1.08 H VS2 OEC in a platinum fishtail prong setting with straight baguettes - it's shallow (7mm spread) and has a couple of chips but is sparkly as hell and I see the coolest rainbow fire and petals under the table. My wedding band is a 40's (ish) two-tone 14k RG/WG orange blossom band.
IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1668.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It makes me smile every time I look at it

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! that's gorgeous! How does it look next to your golden boulder?;-)

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! that's gorgeous! How does it look next to your golden boulder?;-)
My golden boulder, haha I like that! Because I have a that tattoo on my left hand, it's already a bit too busy to pull off two rings on that hand so I only do one at a time. I had the cluster ring sized for my ring finger as well so they will be worn one at a time.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My golden boulder, haha I like that! Because I have a that tattoo on my left hand, it's already a bit too busy to pull off two rings on that hand so I only do one at a time. I had the cluster ring sized for my ring finger as well so they will be worn one at a time.
Fair enough- it would be an epic stack if you had the finger length to make it happen tho!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results