shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit That is amazing! Holy shiny rocks Batman!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Love these antique style pieces. That star sapphire is WOW!! :love:

h1juhas

Rough_Rock
I just received my new vintage reproduction ring. I worked with a incredible jeweler in Michigan. He does all his own bench work. My center diamond is from my grandma( approx. .25ct) and surrounding diamonds are from an anniversary pair of cluster earrings I never wore and now are all incorporated into this stunning ring. I am so excited to share it.

_193.jpeg

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
h1juhas|1395933856|3642290 said:
I just received my new vintage reproduction ring. I worked with a incredible jeweler in Michigan. He does all his own bench work. My center diamond is from my grandma( approx. .25ct) and surrounding diamonds are from an anniversary pair of cluster earrings I never wore and now are all incorporated into this stunning ring. I am so excited to share it.

It is lovely! :appl: May we see a photo of it on your hand? =)

walran

Rough_Rock
Soooo. My wife is getting a new ring because nine months ago things were different and a band was used at the ceremony. I am now :wavey: repenting.

This ring was bought from Dover jewelry where I got them down to $8,000 after three days of bargaining and they were really very nice people.

Solid 18K white gold, this ring is set with 1 genuine round old European-cut diamond approx. 2.11carat, J color, VS clarity, prong set and 6 genuine emeralds approx. 1.50ct, prong set.

It should arrive in a couple of days and I hope to have it appraised to see if I am going to cry or smile or just be O.K. with it. I think the setting is newer, maybe 70's or 80's? The stones were from an 1800 era ring I believe is what they told me. I hope she likes it!

ring_1_12.jpg

2_148.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
transitional diamond in a platinum art deco setting:
-1_zps248e4033.jpg

-4_zps32cf7edd.jpg

-4_zpsbd9d16d6.png

ff4c8260-0758-454b-8215-c01d6817239c_zps9c115d66.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
h1juhas|1395933856|3642290 said:

Oh my Goodness please post more pictures and details of this beauty! It really deserves it's own SMTB thread!! I love it and I'm curious to hear more about the jeweler!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
My cushion sapphire and diamond ring, snapped up from an antique store in York, England. Utterly in love with it! :)

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
I would love to add mine.

This is my 1.03 H VVS2 OEC. Her name is Daisy :)

I had the buttercup setting made out of vintage scrap platinum. The band is 1920's vintage, also platinum. I wear a size 7 ring.

_17786.jpg

_17787.jpg

_17788.jpg

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh these are ALL gorgeous! Please keep them coming! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lisa1802|1399408043|3667428 said:
I would love to add mine.

This is my 1.03 H VVS2 OEC. Her name is Daisy :)

I had the buttercup setting made out of vintage scrap platinum. The band is 1920's vintage, also platinum. I wear a size 7 ring.

Love Daisy she is gorgeous! Walran: come back and tell us what you think. Plus we need hand shots!

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I would add my 178yr old Mourning ring to the collection, made in 1836 to commemorate a loved ones life. No stones but a snapshot of early 19th century craftsmanship, the condition is superb for something so old :shock: I think this safely falls into the " antique " bracket. The hallmarks are for London 1836, William iv was on the throne at the time but it is called a " Georgian Mourning ring " something different but worth sharing.

img_4971.jpg

img_4972.jpg

img_4973.jpg

img_4990.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I would like to share photos of three of my antique pieces. These were passed onto me by my grandmother (born in the late 19th century), though I think some may have been her mother's.
Anyway, first this ring. It's yellow gold with diamonds (one old mine cut, one old single cut, and thirteen rose and cleavage cut) and emeralds (three, round faceted). Sorry the photo turned out a bit blurred.

2014-10-26_13.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my favourite ring. It's a yellow gold ring with a hand-engraved underbezel topped with white gold and white gold overlaid sloping shoulders. It contains one aquamarine (2.15cts), ten calibre cut wedge shape and triangular black onyx, and twelve rose cut diamonds.

2014-10-26_0.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, my favourite earrings. They are made in rose gold with platinum overlay. They have 54 rose and cleavage cut diamonds in total.

2014-10-26_14.jpg

Ximena

Rough_Rock
These are all gorgeous! :D

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
1940s or 50s ring with an untreated cushion cut sapphire and old cut diamonds that are older than the setting. This has been passed down to me from my paternal grandmother. I've posted more details in a thread.

_25776.jpg

_25777.jpg

love4ever

Rough_Rock
Hello this is an image of my antique engagement ring! I love it and I actually one day hope to get it appraised and see how much it is really worth! Also I have never seen another ring like it! It is 10k gold and the diamonds are F, I was told it was from the 1920s!!!

_26171.jpg

morgayn

Rough_Rock
These are a few rings that I recently inherited. Any comments or information on styles would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

img_20150128_183609.jpg

img_20150128_190210.jpg

img_20150128_190255.jpg

img_20150128_190321.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
antique lover! did you receive this? hand shots?

motacilla

Rough_Rock
My first post with pictures. Sorry for the length, just thought I'd give a bit of introduction.

But first: I have been getting quite an education from this forum, thank you all wonderfully informed people and your eye candy!

I stumbled here 6 years ago, before getting married, looking for hand shots of different types of plain wedding bands. I didn't even like diamonds then. (Well, I'm European.) I still don't like them big (again: European!), but I do like old cuts and some (fancy) coloured ones.
But I have always loved vintage and antique jewellery. I like history and quality, and most well-survived old pieces must have been very well made or they wouldn't be here! (Although, in the olden days those who wore proper jewellery didn't do much manual -- or any -- labour, so that helped to preserve the pieces.)

My mother gave me my first diamond when I was 16, it's so tiny you can hardly spot it in the buttercup pendant, about 1mm.
My next experience was buying a pair of tiny vintage platinum earrings, with 0.05ct diamonds. White enough, but included and badly cut by the looks of it, probably of Asian origin, but I bought them just to see how I like platinum (oh, I do!) as they were cheap.
My second buy was a vintage platinum emerald and diamond ring, about 2mm wide, so the diamonds are tiny by PS standards :) They are quite yellowish on close look, but have tons of fire, which I love! Also, they all have open culets, but I can't quite determine the cut yet, waiting for some optics to arrive... don't know the ring's history. I don't have decent pics of the emerald band yet.

I now have a third item, proper antique: a 100 year old Swedish yellow and white gold ring with three diamonds, the largest is about 0.15ct or 3.5mm. (It's almost too dressy for daily wear, in my parts of Europe!) The smaller diamonds have open culets, the center one doesn't, but certainly has inclusions. I will have it certified some day, but the diamonds are probably original to the ring, so OEC is the most likely cut. They are very white to my eye, even though the seller estimated them to a GIA range of H to P. But from this ring I learned that I prefer fire to brilliance! The diamonds also sort of glow in dim lighting and dusk light, which I love. The less light there is, the more interesting they become. They do have fire, but a subtler kind.
I wear it with my wedding band like an e-ring, although it isn't, as there isn't much of an e-ring tradition in my country. And in the Netherlands, where I live now, I don't see many e-rings, either. I don't miss an e-ring, just thought I deserved something nice after 6 years of marriage and 3 years of child-raising :)
As you can see, the stones are very securely set, which is great as I can be quite careless with my hands and rings. The style reminds me of Edwardian boat rings, but the setting is positively Nordic as there are no prongs to catch woolen gloves... How I love beauty and practicality combined.

il_209.jpg

inner_glow.jpg

hairy.jpg

both_culets.jpg

motacilla

Rough_Rock
Oh, and some real life perspective. I wear a 2.5mm plain platinum band.
The yellow gold on the antique ring, being Swedish, is slightly orange-pink, but not quite the tone of rose gold.

real_life_0.jpg

motacilla

Rough_Rock
needfullshinythings, your mourning ring is gorgeous. Subtle, serious, so beautiful and elegant. They don't make them like they used to...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motacilla that's a very neat looking ring. Swedish means more copper in the gold? And no prongs makes it an interesting setting. Is it bezel set?

ETA: I see it's both bezel set and then there are beads of white metal holding the stones in as well.

VoldeNuit that ring looks so modern and chunky. Very nice.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings everyone!!!

My new to me antique RHR. :) I was sooo happy to find a ring that had an antique marquise diamond center. It is platinum topped 18KYG. (Please excuse my bad nail polish...too excited about arrival of ring to redo the polish first or at least take it off.)

img_20150617_0.jpg

img_20150617_212746.jpg

motacilla

Rough_Rock
Stone Hunter, thank you! Yes, it's both beads and bezel, very secure. The way it's made makes it really solid and wearable. Not all vintage and antique designs are comfortable to wear, but this one is.

On further study I see there's an inclusion in the center diamond, but at the right angle it looks like a moth in flight, so I'm cool with it, I always liked moths :) The cutter of this diamond did a really good job though, the inclusion adds depth and mystery to the stone, you look at the center and it's like looking into a deep well -- you can't quite see the bottom, so it remains a nice mystery and you keep looking. The inclusion doesn't take away from the brightness, though.

The color of Swedish gold it's hard to describe, it has been discussed on PS before. It's different from the Soviet 14K pink gold I've seen, I'd describe the Swedish gold as a bit peachy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results