shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us the ring you thought you''d pick and the one you ended up choosing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Vespar, I was in a hurry when posting earlier and missed your post :).

You are right: 2.01 center and 1.06 and 1.10 sides---I wear a size 7 for perspective.

Everyone has such lovely rings!!!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhhh fun!

I''ve always wanted a 3 stone EC ring and I was convinced nothing else would do.

My husband proposed with a EC solitaire and promised to get me sidestones.

After being here on PS for a while I ended up with a halo which I loved but it didn''t quite work out.

Now I''m back with the original solitaire

AND I''m back to looking at 3 stone rings!! lol.
20.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
My fiancee and I liked the classic Tiffany knife edge six prong solitaire at first, but then we saw this Varna ring and fell in love with it. Classic and traditional from its top view, with a completely unique look from side angles. I keep thinking it looks like a flower opening up, when I see it from the sides.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
hmm...having trouble attaching photo for some reason.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Here we go....

375blog2.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
and another..

376blog.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
About a decade ago, I wanted an antique piece, possibly with a halo, but really just something that evoked a vintage feel.

What I eventually fell in love with was an Asscher in a super modern bezel.

I''m lucky enough to now have both!!

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more pic.
9.gif

original.aspx

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I originally thought I wanted a yellow sapphire cushion set in a halo with pave along the entire band.
I ended up choosing a 2.01 ct diamond cushion without a halo set on a shared prong eternity band.

Here's a comparison of my original inspiration ring next to my beloved engagement ring. The inspiration ring is a yellow diamond instead of a sapphire, and it's more square than I would have wanted.

Great thread!

whatIwantedwhatIgot.jpg

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
wanted as e-ring = EC solitaire/on dainty band
got as e-ring = 0.65 RB w/ 1ct tapered baguettes on either side
10 yr anniv. upgrade = 2.11 round passion flower cut on 0.5ct 1/2 eternity band

pssnflwr.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
At first I thought I wanted a princess on a modern solitaire.

DM15400200_PR_100_zoom.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Little did I know, there were engagement rings OTHER than solitaires
2.gif
Here''s my Beverly K ring.
bkring01.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A little closer.
bkring02.jpg

I couldn''t be happier with this ring, it is totally me even if I was initially resistant to RB.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Babyblue - did you ever settle on a wedding band to go with your beauty?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
When I first started searching I thought I wanted the Tiffany Legacy, which I still love.

attachment.jpeg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Then I fell in love with this one because it was so different and looked like a flower. I know it''s not for everyone, but I really love it.

rlring2 copy.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2008 8:26:17 PM
Author: geckodani
Babyblue - did you ever settle on a wedding band to go with your beauty?
As a matter of fact, I finally did. Beverly K diamond and pink sapphire band.

BK06PP18a.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And here''s a photoshopped image of it with my e-ring. Pearlman''s was nice enough to send me a sample to try but it was a diamond and blue sapphire one. I liked that it''s non-matchy but still have very similar feel to my e-ring, and the splash of color just added a bit of fun. I''ll get it in 4-6 weeks so I guess I''ll find out if I made the right decision or not
31.gif

BKsaphirering02.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 11:22:43 PM
Author: Babyblue033
And here''s a photoshopped image of it with my e-ring. Pearlman''s was nice enough to send me a sample to try but it was a diamond and blue sapphire one. I liked that it''s non-matchy but still have very similar feel to my e-ring, and the splash of color just added a bit of fun. I''ll get it in 4-6 weeks so I guess I''ll find out if I made the right decision or not
31.gif

That is really pretty babyblue. I think the same band in rose gold with white diamonds would also be stunning!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Iluvcarats and babyblue I think both of your rings are just STUNNING!!!

I don''t have any pics to add to this thread, but I originally either wanted an EC solitaire or three-stone, and ended up with a RB solitaire. I don''t regret it at all and am totally in L
30.gif
VE with my ring, but I really hope to have an EC for my right hand someday, and now since finding pricescope would also really like an OEC or transitional cut too. Oh, and a beautiful untreated sapphire, AND a beautiful untreated ruby. That''s not too much to want right? Too bad I don''t have more money!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2008 11:35:42 PM
Author: iluvcarats

31.gif

That is really pretty babyblue. I think the same band in rose gold with white diamonds would also be stunning!
And Tacori E-ring has the band in rose gold with pink sapphires which is also to die for! Having so many different options made it very difficult to choose, and when I finally get my ring I hope I''ll feel like I made the right decision.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 5:23:44 PM

31.gif

And Tacori E-ring has the band in rose gold with pink sapphires which is also to die for! Having so many different options made it very difficult to choose, and when I finally get my ring I hope I''ll feel like I made the right decision.

I am sure you''ll love it, but if you don''t, it will make a great RHR. (So much jewelry, so little time... And $)
39.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

31.gif

Ditto! Can''t wait to see pictures when you get it!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I apologize in advance that this is going to take a few posts-

When DH and I first started talking rings, I knew nothing except that I wanted an EC, so I showed him the plain 1/2 ct solitaire EC from Zales. They don''t make it anymore apparently, but here''s something that looks almost identical to what the stock photo for that ring was:

elmortonfirstchoice.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Then I waffled between an engraved cathedral setting from BN and a three-stone at a local jeweler''s (where we eventually bought my ring):

elmortonsecondchoice.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the other:

elmortonthirdchoice.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And then I liked a channel-set baguette cathedral, and then we thought about going custom to create a Cartier inspired split-shank without pave, and then...I fell in love :)

elmortonsring100.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I originally wanted an EC solitaire and was talked out of it by my Aunt-in-law who is a jewelry designer. She said it was too stuffy and I needed something fun and designed a cathedral style setting with princess cuts down each side and a marquise center in YG(she also talked us out of Plat, because she said since I work with my hands, it would be scratched looking all the time)!!!

I loved it because it was a gift from my hubby to be, but always wanted an EC!

original ER.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
For our 8th Anniversary my hubby said that he wanted me to design my own ER upgrade and I finally got my EC :)

EW EC with FIY Traps ER upgrade.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results