shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us the ring you thought you''d pick and the one you ended up choosing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Vesper,

Who owns that three-stone asscher, if you don''t mind my asking?

BoomersGirl

Rough_Rock
when my FFI and i first started looking we loved the tiffany novo

PSRingIThought100908.jpg

niccia

Shiny_Rock
This is the ring I thought I wanted, and one of the first I tried on. I still love this pic of it, but I didn''t like it from certain angles and my fiance didn''t like the trillions. It was also very overpriced.

(Have to do this in multiple posts because I don''t know how to attach more than one pic- sorry!)

tycoon444.jpg

BoomersGirl

Rough_Rock
we when finally went to try on rings, we loved this mark patterson. can''t wait to actually get it
1.gif

note: the diamond is just resting in the setting to give us an idea of what that cut would look like

PSRingIWant100908.jpg

niccia

Shiny_Rock
This is the ring he bought me instead. I never thought I wanted a RB, but I love it now.

ring321.JPG

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Front shot...I looooove cushions now as well after seeing so many beautiful ones on PS.

ring231.JPG

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Sorry that last pic is so huge! I am not really sure of how to resize pictures!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Niccia can we see more pics of that yellow in the basket? Your ring is MARVELOUS!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA!!!! Thank you for the added eye candy
36.gif
. What a great ring!

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I knew I wanted a ring with a "twist in the band". It reminded me of a ring my husband gave me when I was 18. This is the photo I brought with me when we went to look at rings...

twist215.jpg

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
And here is my ring now... I love it! It has the "twist" I was looking for, with a little extra sparkle. It was important to my husband that my ring be a little different then the ones he had seen before, and I love that it is just for me.
2.gif
(I have a very thin plain wedding band with it because I am an Elementary Art Teacher and I have to take my e-ring off sometimes when I am painting with the kids!)

myringaub.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I've always loved princess cut solitaires so when we first started talking about upgrading my ering (which was actually a pear shaped emerald, not a diamond) I thought I wanted something like this...

princ123.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Until I saw a cushion for the first time and I was absolutely enchanted. And my sweet hubby surprised me with this (here it is with my new band):

IMG_03266565-12.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This is what I originally wanted in an e-ring: an emerald cut + halo + dainty band. This picture is from momothree:

collageofmynewechalo2.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This is the e-ring I got from fiance. Although I wouldn''t have picked it out myself, I think I love it even more than what I would''ve picked. He knows me well, and he meshed our tastes together so beautifully. So here''s my 2.12 ct E VVS2 EC center with 2 .15 ct RBs on either side, in platinum:

Summer%2008%20005%20xs.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
One more view of my actual engagement ring:

Copy%20of%20Copy%20of%20Summer%2008%20094%20xsmall.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:07:45 PM
Author: Clairitek
What I thought I wanted when I was in college: 1 carat emerald cut solitaire.
What I thought I wanted just after I graduated: anything really ornate a la Tacori
What I thought I wanted a few months ago: Something cushion cut/Tiffany Novo-esque.
What I want now: Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere with diamonds in the crown (pictured is the regular Torchiere, couldn't find pics of the petite version)

What I'll probably get: something similar to the Torchiere- platinum with a 1-1.25 carat RB stone. Who knows about any additional sparkle on the band.
I must say you have great taste!
31.gif

to answer this thread....I think I've always wanted a round brilliant but went back and forth through the years on whether or not I wanted a princess or emerald cut. But I always came back to RB.
Then after doing sooooooooo much research on here looking at rings and styles and settings and different brands I saw the Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere and I fell in love. I just KNEW that was the ring I wanted when i saw it. And I'm so lucky that my FI loved it to and went for it.
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 8:52:39 PM
Author: EBree
Vesper,

Who owns that three-stone asscher, if you don''t mind my asking?
Hi Ebree! I believe that is stepcutnut''s ring - isn''t it stunning?!?! I would have kep my asscher if I could have stuck two huge, gorgeous sidestones on there like she has! I think she had said that it''s a 2 ct center with two 1 ct sidestones, if I''m not mistaken ...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 4:49:25 AM
Author: kittybean
This is what I originally wanted in an e-ring: an emerald cut + halo + dainty band. This picture is from momothree:

collageofmynewechalo2.jpg
I originally wanted a princess with kite-set sidestones. I hated round brilliants and EC''s looked so blah.

I ended up with a round brilliant, somehow, but I love it. And my next upgrade will DEFINITLY be an emerald cut in a dainty halo, just like this picture!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Kittybean, that''s gorgeous.

I think my FI would like something like that. That''s great inspiration. :D

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hi EBree-the 3 stone Asscher ring was a Christmas gift 2 years ago and I love love love it :)

Interesting choices so far, I will pull together some pics later on my choices!

I thought I wanted an EC originally, but got talked out of it and ended up with a marquise for my original. Now have the EC :)

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
What I thought I''d get: Gelin Abaci tension setting with a 1.3 to 1.5ct RB or Square H&A:
gelinAbaciTR_202.jpg

What I got: Beaudry Beautique setting with intense pinks and a 1.06ct RB:

brooklyngrilsbeaudry.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Brooklyngirl I LOVE your ring!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kelli! It''s been over 6 months since I got it, and I still stare at it :D

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread. Here''s what I thought I wanted and we searched for months to find:

radiantwtraps.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
And I still love that ring, but then I started researching and found older cuts and ended up with an OEC in a replica vintage setting. Here''s a pic.

myeringhas.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 3:54:07 PM
Author: brooklyngirl
Thanks Kelli! It's been over 6 months since I got it, and I still stare at it :D
I hope this does not sound strange, but I have been staring at your ring since first seeing it in your avitar, in good way!! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never really had a vision of what type of E-ring I wanted-I knew that I wanted solitaire, platinum and that was about it. When we started looking, the only ring that I adored was the lucida and that''s the ring that we chose as it was the only one that he loved also.

beelucidaonflower.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one of the side of the setting-I adore it

sideofbeering.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results