shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your antique pieces!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my favorite antique/vintage find — I bought it from an online estate sale in Minnesota. Some of the diamonds are fluorescent, which I love! It has no markings.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1131b.jpg

Here’s another one that reminds me of yours and look at that price. Maybe yours is worth that much! Do you know the carat weight?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s another one that reminds me of yours and look at that price. Maybe yours is worth that much! Do you know the carat weight?

Holy smoke. That brooch is incredible, and so is its price! I don't know the carat weight of mine, but I think it might be time to have it appraised — and insured.

clairebc

Rough_Rock
I was curious about your gorgeous piece so I tried to research it. This one isn’t the same but it looks similar and the story in this listing is sooooo fun. We need to wear our brooches to the opera apparently!

Thank you for your research! And yes, the Opera would be much better -- the only place I've worn my new brooch is on my $12 Costco jacket at home :lol-2:

Also side note: I love how the pieces from this vendor have stories!! The story in the brooch you linked is my favorite though!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your research! And yes, the Opera would be much better -- the only place I've worn my new brooch is on my $12 Costco jacket at home :lol-2:

Also side note: I love how the pieces from this vendor have stories!! The story in the brooch you linked is my favorite though!

I have only worn mine at home with my gym clothes so far. Clearly I need to get out more.

clairebc

Rough_Rock
Also! Not sure if anyone else collects antique jewelry boxes, but I do. Along with the above brooch, I bought one lot of antique boxes. The curvy shaped two on the right are my favorites.

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Also! Not sure if anyone else collects antique jewelry boxes, but I do. Along with the above brooch, I bought one lot of antique boxes. The curvy shaped two on the right are my favorites.

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

Oh I love seeing your collection! The curvy ones are so quintessentially Victorian and rare to come by in good condition nowadays. I also collect antique and vintage jewellery boxes when I can. Haven't been buying any recently as I reached my current "box peace" last year and have everything I need. I'll try to take some family pictures soon and post them here!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Soooo I've got another brooch that just came in!! Its an antique carnelian Halley's Comet brooch. Either Georgian or Victorian (its related to the Halley’s Comet in 1835).

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

So pretty! I've had a Hailey's comet brooch on my list. Enjoy!

clairebc

Rough_Rock
Oh I love seeing your collection! The curvy ones are so quintessentially Victorian and rare to come by in good condition nowadays. I also collect antique and vintage jewellery boxes when I can. Haven't been buying any recently as I reached my current "box peace" last year and have everything I need. I'll try to take some family pictures soon and post them here!

Yes!! Would love to see pictures.

What I lack is antique/vintage ring boxes - that's next on my list.

clairebc

Rough_Rock
So pretty! I've had a Hailey's comet brooch on my list. Enjoy!

I love that there are two different "eras" of Halley's Comet jewelry, Georgian/Victorian (1835 comet) and Edwardian (?) (1910 comet). So a jewelry piece from the later comet is on my (very long) list of items I want to get.

clairebc

Rough_Rock
Just received this brooch! It came with its original box :kiss2:

It has a 4.60 mm central old European cut diamond, accented by rose cut diamonds. The OEC is VSI, apart from one small chip on the girdle! Faces up pretty white too in my opinion.

Does anyone have any thoughts to its age or era - was described as "antique brooch" with no particular dating.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

The box is worn on the outside, but the silk and velvet are in pretty good condition! Just a little dusty.

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

I wore this out and about (to Costco) today on a chain. It doesn't hang quite right with the pin (the chain its on is a bit short too!), but I was happy to give it some wear!

IMG_2820.jpg

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, how do you wear a pin? I'm looking at two and thinking that I need to make them into pendants. TIA!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, how do you wear a pin? I'm looking at two and thinking that I need to make them into pendants. TIA!

I have no idea. I bought mine without a plan. I will probably make it work as a pendant but I would like to try wearing it as a brooch - just not sure how to pull that off without looking silly.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here are some ideas. I’ve also worn brooches in my hair, on purses, and at the waistline on dresses.

Can use a ribbon as a bracelet or choker and attach to that.
97931408-3B9C-47C4-A110-4E98DC0446DC.jpeg

F3FAF503-0C39-4739-9619-6C02E75E558D.jpeg
Love how she wears her mother’s famous starburst brooch here.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to pin a brooch (especially one that is a little large) on an elastic and wear it in my hair. This is from a few years back on Christmas. @RRfromR

C23C38CA-647C-42FE-8789-12C02C6B6FDF.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada Ohh, this looks gorgeous! Do you have thick hair? Do you just attach it to one of those hair ties?

Thank you so much! No, my hair is really fine but I have a lot of it. The hair ties I get are these from CVS:

BF7789AB-AF78-49D5-92B8-83491968FEFD.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results