carat
color
clarity

Show me your white metallics please!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dear Pearlfriends,
I know, I'm quite late to this kind of pearls, but I really would like to buy white metallic pearls.
I already inquired by Hisano, because the kind of strand, what I was looking for, was already sold out on the website. She sent me a comparison picture, because I am debating between 7-8 mm AAA, 8-8.5 mm AA+ and 8-8.5 mm AAA strands.
Could you please post me neckshot about your strands in this sizes?

Normally I like to wear pearls above 8 mm size, but I was also considering to buy a opear length rope from 7-8 mm, and wear it doubled. What is your opinion? Here is the picture I was provided:

fxn_comparison.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I love an opera length necklace. I always intend to double it up, but I never do. I had a double strand made that nests just right, so I never have to keep adjusting it.

For long ropes, I've decided that 8 mm or LESS is best for me. Otherwise the pearls get too heavy on the back of my neck. I'm fine with single strands in the 9 - 10 mm range, but doubled strands (like opera length) just get too heavy.

I don't have any metallic necklaces, but I have akoyas. Do you want photos of any kind of round pearl in an opera length, just to see what different mm sizes look like? Or are you particularly wanting to see metallics?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yes! Please show me your opera length necklace if you have in different sizes!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
These are my AAA 8.5-9.0mm metallics from Pure Pearl.

_35618.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
These are all akoyas, but size wise your freshwater pearls will look similar.

The outside strand are 8 mm Hanadamas, 37 inches long total.
The blue strand are 6-7 mm blue akoyas, 35 inches long total.
And the inside strand are 5 mm akoyas, 33 inches long total.

img_0339.jpg

img_0327.jpg

9 mm baroque blue akoyas, 17 inches long.

img_2236.jpg

The 8 mm Hanadamas by themselves.

img_2214_1.jpg

The 5 mm akoya strand with a 6 mm princess length and a 7 mm choker.

img_2037.jpg

My double 8 mm Freshadamas. This would be similar to you wearing an opera length rope doubled.
Shown with the 8 mm Hanadama rope.

img_2094.jpg

This look is too heavy for my neck. Every 1 mm increase in pearl size roughly doubles the weight of the pearl. So 8 mm weighs almost twice as much as 7 mm.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my 8.0-8.5mm AAA metallic white FWP from Pearl Paradise.

_35625.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, mine is 8.0-8.5 mm metallic whites from PP. I would suggest that you go to any shop which sells strands of pearls to try on the pearls and determine your favoured size. How substantial or otherwise the strands look on us is dependant on our habitus.

20151216_191212-1.jpg

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your answers and the pictures. The neckshots are really helpful.

Dear YC, thank you for the tip with going to a jeweler, but I have a 5 month old DD, and it is not easy to just go to a jeweler at the moment. On the other hand I have already pearls, but not in 7 mm range, therefore I wanted to see something in this size too.
I think after all, that I am going to buy the bigger pearls, even if it is only a choker. Maybe I can buy a rope from Freshadamas next year.

There is one last question: are you satisfied with the luster of the pearls? Are these pearls really better then Freshadamas regarding luster?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
dkata, I do not own any Freshadamas so I cannot compare, but the luster in my metallics is wonderful. They just shine. The only thing with metallics, in my opinion, is the (to a certain degree) off-round shape. If you are comfortable with that, then you will be happy.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I have natural white Hanadamas and Freshadamas from PP (see my last photo for a comparison of the two).
And I ordered, but sent back some amazing metallics (Sherri's Screamers) from PP.
The offround shape of the metallics bothered me, but it might not bother you.
I prefer my pearls either perfectly round, or obviously baroque.
However, the orient on the metallics was amazing. It rivaled the Hanadamas.

The Hanadamas have a similar took to the freshwater metallics.
The Freshadamas have a softer, warmer glow.

Oddly enough, my friends think my Hanadamas are fake, and the Freshadamas are real, because they are not used to the incredible shiny orient on the Hanadamas. Go figure.

You could always order a couple of strands and send back what you don't like.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have Freshadamas (had, actually; I gave them to my daughter) and yes, absolutely the metallics have higher luster. But they are less nearly round, even the AAA.

I prefer having the luster, personally, and they look round enough on the neck IMO. Even Freshadamas aren't perfectly round. But you must consult your own taste on this matter.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not the best picture, but here are mine from PP (8.5 - 9.5mm). As others have said, the luster is nice, but the shapes are off round. I have also noticed that as the size of the pearl goes up, the luster gets a little less sharp (I have some 6mm ones that have much stronger luster than these ones). They are close, but not quite the same luster as my AAA Akoya strand. They are also a different tone of white with different overtones.

neck_26.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results