shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your white ER mixed with pink diamond rose gold band

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I can't decide.

I have a Tiffany solitaire ER right now and when we were looking at wedding bands, I originally fell for the 3 mm shared prong band from Tiffany & Co. I love the way you can easily distinguish each individual diamond, there was very little metal showing and it was the lowest set shared prong I've ever tried on. I also love the basket set.

Anyways, while shopping around recently, I also fell in love with the look of rose gold band with my platinum color. I haven't been able to locate a rose gold band with pink diamonds though (especially in the same setting as above), they usually just have the white diamonds. If I went this route, I would have some like Leon make one with 8-10 pointer pink diamonds (saw a parcel with Leibish & Co) in the setting setting as the low set basket shared prong from Tiffany's. But I can't decide if I want traditional matchy-matchy super blingy white set or a non-traditional blatantly non-matchy but still blingy pink and white set. I would love to see what other people have done and what it looks like when it's all said and done. Does the pink diamond ever get confused with pink sapphires ever? Do you always have to tell people that it's pink diamonds?

Would love to see what other people have come up with.
Thanks in advance!

pixies

Shiny_Rock

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Re: Show me your white ER mixed with pink diamond rose gold

Thank you so much Pixie!!! I'm guessing no one tends to use bigger pink diamonds in a band. They all tend to be micropave, in general. Is there a reason?

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Re: Show me your white ER mixed with pink diamond rose gold

Rose-E|1312926416|2987441 said:
Thank you so much Pixie!!! I'm guessing no one tends to use bigger pink diamonds in a band. They all tend to be micropave, in general. Is there a reason?
I think it is probably a few things playing into the reason you see pink pave bands vs bigger shared prong style.

Cost - Pink diamonds are much more expensive than white diamonds. Those super thin Leon bands start at 3k+ depending on the intensity. Putting cost aside, I imagine it might be more difficult to find larger matching pink diamonds.

Style/function - Many people get pink bands as an alternate wedding band or to add into a set... basically to stack. Shared prong rings(which is normally how bigger melee is set) DO NOT play nicely with other rings. The girdles of the diamonds eat into other rings. For a stand alone band, this would pose no issue. Also pave bands are popular so that's why you are seeing more of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results