shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your WF Channel Set Bands Pretty Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Al toe rings 98851.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
... Last one

Al toe rings 98941.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
KtIceRN - thankyou thankyou thankyou so much!!! I really appreciate those, they are great pics. I love how the edges of the rings are ever so slightly rounded, just gorgeous!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 7:13:53 PM
Author:honey22
Hi guys,

I have just got my quote back from WF to make my 2mm channel set band (they are just sooo much better prices than Australia!).

Does anyone have any pics? I am getting mine in ygold (3/4 eternity) but I would love to see pics of any metal etc. Or links too would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how ''deep'' the ring is? ie. how far off my finger would it sit? Profiles shots would be so much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance ladies.
Hi Honey, I have been floored lately at the price of eternity bands in Australia. Im seeing eternity bands for $3600 made from 2 pointers!!!!! Thats highway robery!!!!!
2.gif
Although I understand labour is the driving force here not the price of those tiny little diamonds!!!!!

I will follow your progress with great interest! Good luck you gutsy gal!!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your search honey! Keep us updated!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Honey,
I was thinking of you yesterday, as I was at a shopping mall and decided to try on w-bands for the first time.
Wouldn''t you know it, the one style that was at the "bottom of my list", looked the most fabulous with my solitaire - the channel set bands!
I have always thought I would have a pave set or maybe bezel, but they just didn''t work at all..
Mind you, they had limited a range, but the YG channel set band just looked awesome - I''m sorry I didn''t have a camera, lol !
Fwiw, these were 2 thirds eternity, 2 pointers and were just over 1k. They were from Rosendorffs, which is like THE premium jewellery store here, so I thought the price was reasonable considering.

Anyways, just a rant - how is your hunt going?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 9:50:27 AM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 9/24/2008 7:13:53 PM
Author:honey22
Hi guys,

I have just got my quote back from WF to make my 2mm channel set band (they are just sooo much better prices than Australia!).

Does anyone have any pics? I am getting mine in ygold (3/4 eternity) but I would love to see pics of any metal etc. Or links too would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how ''deep'' the ring is? ie. how far off my finger would it sit? Profiles shots would be so much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance ladies.
Hi Honey, I have been floored lately at the price of eternity bands in Australia. Im seeing eternity bands for $3600 made from 2 pointers!!!!! Thats highway robery!!!!!
2.gif
Although I understand labour is the driving force here not the price of those tiny little diamonds!!!!!

I will follow your progress with great interest! Good luck you gutsy gal!!!!
I know!!!! The band I fell in love with at Tiffs, I am having WF make, and it''s like a third of the price!!! OMG, that leaves money for other spaklies right ?!?!
11.gif
9.gif
Nup, just dreaming!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 3:10:05 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hey Honey,
I was thinking of you yesterday, as I was at a shopping mall and decided to try on w-bands for the first time.
Wouldn''t you know it, the one style that was at the ''bottom of my list'', looked the most fabulous with my solitaire - the channel set bands!
I have always thought I would have a pave set or maybe bezel, but they just didn''t work at all..
Mind you, they had limited a range, but the YG channel set band just looked awesome - I''m sorry I didn''t have a camera, lol !
Fwiw, these were 2 thirds eternity, 2 pointers and were just over 1k. They were from Rosendorffs, which is like THE premium jewellery store here, so I thought the price was reasonable considering.

Hello chicky - I tried on all these other styles, bead set, milgrain, shared prong, all the stuff I thought I would like and the classic clean lines of the channel set band took my heart and it ain''t coming back - from WF without my wband, that is
2.gif
I was 99% decided, but after seeing the pics of Alj''s toe rings I have decided 100% that WF will make it. It will basically be the same - her toe rings are 2mm channel set, although I am going to have 3/4 eternity, just in case my arthritis plays up later in life. DF agrees - he really likes the clean lines of the channel set band - uhh, did my partner just say that?! Where has my man gone?!
9.gif

I am so bummed, I walked past Rosendorffs in Perth when I was there and didn''t get a chance to go in - bugger!!!

I looked again at bands yesterday at PM (had a little nosy through the workshop window but didn''t see Gary - I don''t know why but I am dying to meet him in person, he is like a PS celebrity, anyhoo). I just love that place. My darling fiance is obviously learning about diamonds too, he is such a cutie. I was busy oggling sparklies and mumbled to myself, ohhh, is that an asscher I can see in that case there, and he glances over and says, yep, that''s an asscher! I laughed outloud, he is so adorable. How many guys can walk off the street into a jewellery shop and spot an asscher. Good old PS for ya! And just to make you jealous, I am dropping in there again on Wed to pick up my ering from resizing
11.gif
I could have one of everything in that place - my new thoughts are pink diamonds - they are just so yummy yummy yummy!!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 6:19:26 AM
Author: honey22

Hey Honey,
Wouldn''t you know it, the one style that was at the ''bottom of my list'', looked the most fabulous with my solitaire - the channel set bands!

Hello chicky - I tried on all these other styles, bead set, milgrain, shared prong, all the stuff I thought I would like and the classic clean lines of the channel set band took my heart and it ain''t coming back - from WF without my wband, that is
2.gif
I was 99% decided, but after seeing the pics of Alj''s toe rings I have decided 100% that WF will make it. It will basically be the same - her toe rings are 2mm channel set, although I am going to have 3/4 eternity, just in case my arthritis plays up later in life. DF agrees - he really likes the clean lines of the channel set band - uhh, did my partner just say that?! Where has my man gone?!
9.gif

I am so bummed, I walked past Rosendorffs in Perth when I was there and didn''t get a chance to go in - bugger!!!

I looked again at bands yesterday at PM (had a little nosy through the workshop window but didn''t see Gary - I don''t know why but I am dying to meet him in person, he is like a PS celebrity, anyhoo). I just love that place. My darling fiance is obviously learning about diamonds too, he is such a cutie. I was busy oggling sparklies and mumbled to myself, ohhh, is that an asscher I can see in that case there, and he glances over and says, yep, that''s an asscher! I laughed outloud, he is so adorable. How many guys can walk off the street into a jewellery shop and spot an asscher. Good old PS for ya! And just to make you jealous, I am dropping in there again on Wed to pick up my ering from resizing
11.gif
I could have one of everything in that place - my new thoughts are pink diamonds - they are just so yummy yummy yummy!!!!!
Ha, your Fi is so funny - I hear mine picking up lil bits along the way too, but he would never like to admit to it !
I agree, those WF bands look so pretty..mmm yellow gold..
I am jealous that you have PM as your local jeweller - I''m still struggling to find a reliable local one..

But at least I have a good appraiser..going back to pick up my new OEC tonight

3.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 1:27:25 AM

Date: 10/5/2008 6:19:26 AM

Hey Honey,

2.gif
9.gif

11.gif

Ha, your Fi is so funny - I hear mine picking up lil bits along the way too, but he would never like to admit to it !
I am jealous that you have PM as your local jeweller - I''m still struggling to find a reliable local one..

3.gif

Ohhh! I havn''t kept up with that one - what colour did it end up being? You will have to post more info and pics again
3.gif

If you are ever in Melbourne, you will HAVE to let me know - we can go shopping together
2.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 5:00:03 AM

Date: 10/6/2008 1:27:25 AM

I am jealous that you have PM as your local jeweller - I'm still struggling to find a reliable local one..

3.gif

Ohhh! I havn't kept up with that one - what colour did it end up being? You will have to post more info and pics again
3.gif

If you are ever in Melbourne, you will HAVE to let me know - we can go shopping together
2.gif
36.gif

Appraiser agreed with the colour, but not the clarity - which I knew as soon as I louped the stone
7.gif

However, its still eye clean and pretty, and appraised for ALOT more than what I paid, so I'm trying to decide what to do..might keep it, might try to sell it..

I just got a new bargain off of Ebay, thought you'd likey..

~0.5ct channel set band, 14k white gold. I am going to see if a local jeweller can turn it YG for me.
5.gif

I will contact you for shizzle if I'm ever in Melbs - but I may be in New York doing shopping later this year if all goes well...
31.gif
25.gif

128918391_o.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, so sorry about ginormous pic!! I thought it was smaller one..Well, at least you can see the diamonds look ok, lol !
3.gif

disclaimer: That is Not my hand, that is the ebay seller !

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a really nice band - what a find!! Bummer about the OEC, is it eyeclean? Maybe you can learn to live with it''s ''birthmarks'' and love it anyway
20.gif

I know a jeweller can rhodium plate a ygold band to make it white, but I am not sure if they can do it the other way - let us know how you go.

Oh! And I will officially NOT be your friend if you end up shopping in New York - I am super jealous at the thought of it!! You can go to THE Tiffs store - what a blast!!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 5:30:56 PM
That looks like a really nice band - what a find!! Bummer about the OEC, is it eyeclean? Maybe you can learn to live with it''s ''birthmarks'' and love it anyway
20.gif

I know a jeweller can rhodium plate a ygold band to make it white, but I am not sure if they can do it the other way - let us know how you go.

Oh! And I will officially NOT be your friend if you end up shopping in New York - I am super jealous at the thought of it!! You can go to THE Tiffs store - what a blast!!!
36.gif
hey chicky - It is still completely eyeclean, so personaly I''m not a clarity-nut and don''t mind.
But, its more the actual pattern of the cut - not quite what I''m looking for, and I don''t love it. So may consider trying to sell it, or returning it..

Oh, there''ll be a ton more places than Tiff''s that I will go if go to NY - like GOG!
25.gif

....can you please still be my friend though......?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 2:03:49 AM

20.gif

36.gif
hey chicky - It is still completely eyeclean, so personaly I''m not a clarity-nut and don''t mind.
But, its more the actual pattern of the cut - not quite what I''m looking for, and I don''t love it. So may consider trying to sell it, or returning it..

Oh, there''ll be a ton more places than Tiff''s that I will go if go to NY - like GOG!
25.gif

Awww! OK BUT only if you take loads and pics for me
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 9:57:31 PM

Date: 10/10/2008 2:03:49 AM

20.gif

36.gif

25.gif

Awww! OK BUT only if you take loads and pics for me
3.gif
Oh of course sweet, you know I will!
Although, nothing is definate yet (timing, leave from work, money etc)..So trying not to get my hopes up too much. Although its such a great oppurtunity - could usually never afford to visit if I didn''t have my friend to stay with - can''t wait to see her again!
5.gif

I will start a new thread when I know for sure, I''m sure all my PS mates will have plenty of suggestions for things to do and see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results