shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your WF Channel Set Bands Pretty Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,

I have just got my quote back from WF to make my 2mm channel set band (they are just sooo much better prices than Australia!).

Does anyone have any pics? I am getting mine in ygold (3/4 eternity) but I would love to see pics of any metal etc. Or links too would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how ''deep'' the ring is? ie. how far off my finger would it sit? Profiles shots would be so much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance ladies.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif
Not one little reply?! Doesn''t anyone wuv me?! Surely there is someone out there with some piccies?!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Maybe people really aren''t into channel bands these days? I see more shared prong, U-prong, bar set, pave bands...not too many channel bands. I had one (not from WF), but sold it. Therre must be someone out there with a channel band for ya? Good luck!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is channel set (and I still love it) but it wasn''t made by WF. Sorry!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Here's my princess channel set band in platinum. Mine is 2.5mm wide and sits very low to my finger. I don't know if you can see this in the pics, but the ring is even a little thinner at the top than the bottom. It is really nice and flat, which I love. Sorry no hand shots - still working on that.

ETA: And it is WAY more delicate IRL than in the photo. I asked WF to make the edges of the channel as thin as possible to make the diamonds really stand out. I wear it with my e-ring that has a pretty wide band and I wanted to minimize the amount of visible metal.

WF2345.jpg

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 12:34:34 PM
Author: Lurchie
Here''s my princess channel set band in platinum. Mine is 2.5mm wide and sits very low to my finger. I don''t know if you can see this in the pics, but the ring is even a little thinner at the top than the bottom. It is really nice and flat, which I love. Sorry no hand shots - still working on that.

ETA: And it is WAY more delicate IRL than in the photo. I asked WF to make the edges of the channel as thin as possible to make the diamonds really stand out. I wear it with my e-ring that has a pretty wide band and I wanted to minimize the amount of visible metal.

Lurchie, your ring is gorgeous and exactly what I am looking for for my w-band. I have a princess solitaire that I''d like to pair with a thin princess channel, but all the channel princess rings I see are at least 3.0mm wide. Would you mind sharing the specs of your lovely ring?

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 12:39:46 PM
Author: ysj99

Here''s my princess channel set band in platinum. Mine is 2.5mm wide and sits very low to my finger. I don''t know if you can see this in the pics, but the ring is even a little thinner at the top than the bottom. It is really nice and flat, which I love. Sorry no hand shots - still working on that.

Lurchie, your ring is gorgeous and exactly what I am looking for for my w-band. I have a princess solitaire that I''d like to pair with a thin princess channel, but all the channel princess rings I see are at least 3.0mm wide. Would you mind sharing the specs of your lovely ring?
Thanks! I had the same troubles finding a band narrower than 3mm - it''s the principle reason I did not end up going with Signed Pieces, although they were lovely and helpful. I think WF''s standard width is 3, but they told me they could get it down to 2.5 by shaving the sides a bit. It sounds like Honey''s will be 2mm...awesome!

I''d be happy to give you the specs - just have to look up the paper work when I get home.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my round channel set band. i know they aren''t too common anymore, but i love my channel set bands! the wedding band is eternity and i believe it''s 1ct in platinum.

betterone.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
sorry can''t do more than 1 at a time. here''s a blurry shot of the same band.

blurryone.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Puffy!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
last one again.
good luck in finding your band!!!

blurryagain.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE channel bands - they stack beautifully. I have: round/diamond (full), alt. diamond/saphire (full), sapphire (3/4), ruby/diamond (half) and my latest - princess emerald/diamonds my hubby got for my b-day. I didn''t reply b/c I don''t have picture capability, but I just wanted to let you know I do LOVE mine and I''m sure you will too!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just asked WF for a quote on a 18K yellow gold .33 carat channel set rounds wedding band but haven''t heard back yet. I don''t want it to be more than 2.5mm wide.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:04:39 AM
Author: honey22
1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif
Not one little reply?! Doesn''t anyone wuv me?! Surely there is someone out there with some piccies?!
Aww bless you! It makes me wish I had pictures to post, just to cheer you up sweetheart!

If it helps at all I am dying to get WF to make me a channel set band!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock

Hi Lurchie! Thanks so much for pics, it''s really beautiful!!! It gives me a good idea of the profile too.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Puffy - you set is just beautiful. Everytime I see a channel set band, I just think - that''s the one. I am decided!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 1:35:11 PM
Author: february2003bride
I just asked WF for a quote on a 18K yellow gold .33 carat channel set rounds wedding band but haven''t heard back yet. I don''t want it to be more than 2.5mm wide.
When I was chatting to WF about this band a while ago, they weren''t sure if they could make a channel set band in the 2mm or if it had to be bead set, but when I asked about it this time, there was no mention of the bead setting (I would prefer it without). So maybe I should email again to double check it?

I know Tiffs do a 2mm channel set band without beads so I can''t see why it can''t be done?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 2:05:39 PM
Author: Maisie

1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif
Aww bless you! It makes me wish I had pictures to post, just to cheer you up sweetheart!

Thanks sweetie!! I can''t wait to finally put the order through for it. I am so hanging out to wear it but the wedding isn''t for 11 months yet (I wanted to organise our bands early so we didnt run out of cash, don''t want to compromise on the bling).

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Honey you should check out mine or Alj''s toe rings. They are channel set and I think somewhere around 2mm ish.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is not WF either... but I love my channel set! Mine is 5mm... and even that wide it barely sticks up off my hand.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:08:36 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Honey you should check out mine or Alj''s toe rings. They are channel set and I think somewhere around 2mm ish.
Great idea, thanks for that. Hmmm, toe rings, never thought of that, something else to add to my WF wishlist
11.gif

ilovedogs

Rough_Rock
You should check out signed pieces too. My full eternity channel is from them and it is 2.2 mm. It is sooo delicate and does nto look like a channel really because it is so delicate. I highly recommend them.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love shannel set bands, they are perfect for daily wear as far as I am concerned. I can''t wait to see yours if that is what you decide on!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:32:36 PM

Date: 9/25/2008 2:05:39 PM
Author: Maisie

1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif

Thanks sweetie!! I can''t wait to finally put the order through for it. I am so hanging out to wear it but the wedding isn''t for 11 months yet (I wanted to organise our bands early so we didnt run out of cash, don''t want to compromise on the bling).
Thats a great idea. Never mind if you can''t have extra things on your wedding menu or posh shoes .... you won''t care - you will be too busy looking at your ring lol!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Channel set bands are the best. I''ve have prong and bar set rings that I don''t wear as much because my channel set is every-day comfortable. Good luck.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I finally took some decent pics of my rings yesterday and will start a new thread in SMTR this weekend. In the meantime, the specs on my band are:

10, .04ct princess-cuts, .40 tcw
F/G
VS

And did I mention how super sparkly it is? It''s just the best. Honey, you''ll be so happy with it!

Puffy - your rings are so pretty!

ilovedogs - that''s great that SP made you such a thin one. Maybe their policies have changed?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Honey, I found some pics of Alj''s toe rings that I thought I would post for you. They are yellow gold like the one you are thinking of. Hope this helps a bit.

Al toe rings 98301.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Al toe rings 98401.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Al toe rings 98481.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Al toe rings 98501.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results