shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watch! You’re right that it’s tiny—it took me a second to find the actual watch face in the pics lol! I’ve been seeing a couple pre-loved VCA watches on various sites recently (Long’s, Wilson’s, even Fashionphile) and they’re all beautiful but this one is so unique and cool! Very exciting purchase.

:wavey:Oh thanks so much monarch64!
And yes.. I totally agree.. tiniest watch face ever and to add insult to my "old eyes injury" the weeny dial is just about the same color as the hands!:doh:
I guess just sometimes form outweighs function. :D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Helloooo yssie!
So so touched by all your sweet ring compliments!:love:
I do wear my mom's ring sometimes and it always makes me smile.. actually just wore it over Mother's Day weekend.
It is actually an old euro cut diamond that was reset by Tiffany in the 1950's.
It was my grandmother's original engagement ring from the 1920's.
My mom's father passed away in the 1940's and my grandmother got remarried so she gave the stone to my mother when she got engaged to my Dad in 1955. They brought it to Tiffany to have to set by them. Back in those days Tiffany would set stones that were not purchased from them. She wore it with my grandmother's wedding band too as my grandmother wore a new band from her 2nd husband.
Sorry.. that's a lot of family history there to keep track of.

As far as deciding between wearing the marquise vs the emerald cut I have been wearing the marquise more I guess it's because it's the "new kid on the block." The emerald cut ring I have had for 20 years now.. it was a present from my DH for my 40th Bday. The marquise I got from a New York auction about a year and a half ago.
I really only wear it on vacation if I'm going on a cruise or to a party or out to dinner on a Saturday night. It's "a lot" to wear to the supermarket! :lol:

RE the Tiffany marquise and round band.. I bought that from Ebay a few years back.
I also found on Ebay the original Tiffany catalog from the 1970's that the ring is in! I love finding stuff like that. Here are some pix. It's the bottom ring in the catalog.. "GG" :D
img_10420.jpg img_10421.jpg
img_10422.jpg

This is so special. I LOVE that you’ve got the listing, too. On another forum a member recently asked for help identifying a vintage (Tiffany, as it turns out!) piece, and someone else had a decades-old Blue Book with tons of information about the collection - it was so much fun to read about! And now your story! :bigsmile:

This totally needs to be cross-posted in the Tiffany thread Rubies! @Ally T needs to see it! :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so special. I LOVE that you’ve got the listing, too. On another forum a member recently asked for help identifying a vintage (Tiffany, as it turns out!) piece, and someone else had a decades-old Blue Book with tons of information about the collection - it was so much fun to read about! And now your story! :bigsmile:

This totally needs to be cross-posted in the Tiffany thread Rubies! @Ally T needs to see it! :love:

:DI know! How fun that I was able to find the catalog. I knew the ring was from the 1970s and I saw a seller on Ebay who was selling a lot of old Tiffany catalogs. He was so nice as I gingerly asked him if he could look through a few of them to see if my ring was in there I then I would of course buy the catalog right away and he found
it! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes please @Rubies-R-Me !!

I want to see ALL the things & I definitely want to see billions of pictures from the old Blue Book :appl: Pretty please?!!! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hello again everyone!
Posting like mad today.. and this one is actually VCA related.
I recently bought a pre-loved "Cadenas" watch in stainless steel.
Interestingly "Cadenas" means padlock in French which is a fun fact and adds to my claim that most of my 10 words of French that I know are jewelry terms.
VCA only currently sells the 18K version.. they seemed to have discontinued the stainless version so I felt lucky to find this.:D 23B9E460-73D3-47E9-821E-2B51C5F076CF.jpeg
I love the style.. not the most practical watch though. the face is teeny tiny. Well I guess that is what phones are for.:lol:

Rubies, Thank you for the additional pics of your lovely lovely lovely perlee clover ring. I LOVE how it looks on you. I love that ring and still don't really have the gumption to get it. I feel like I don't have the gravitas to get away with it. My hands are small and my fingers are short and I still feel awkward wearing it, but I LOVE it when I see it on others. Maybe I should just be like f*** the world. I am wearing this, and on this day, I am definitely telling off lots of people/things. Ok, so I seriously was planning on the single row diamond perlee as my next purchase as an alternate wedding band, but maybe I need this. On all my other fingers, I'm not as comfortable with rings on, but my wedding ring finger is a dead appendage so I think I can get that finger used to this. Dang it!!!

Also I wanna say I love that got the Cadenas watch. My first VCA SA wore one and I stared at it all the time. It's a fabulous piece of powerful jewelry. I hope you will share lots of random pics of it.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hellooo Ally T!
Thanks for sharing the fun! I am equallly as enthusiastic as you about finding the catalog that a vintage piece is in. So fun when you find it! It's true detective work.
I have one more example to show..
I bought this Tiffany sapphire "Diana" ring from a NY auction house and then trolled Ebay to find it in a catalog. Not sure which ring it is on this page of sapphires but it certainly looks represented here. :read: 774791 774793 774788 774787 774786

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies, Thank you for the additional pics of your lovely lovely lovely perlee clover ring. I LOVE how it looks on you. I love that ring and still don't really have the gumption to get it. I feel like I don't have the gravitas to get away with it. My hands are small and my fingers are short and I still feel awkward wearing it, but I LOVE it when I see it on others. Maybe I should just be like f*** the world. I am wearing this, and on this day, I am definitely telling off lots of people/things. Ok, so I seriously was planning on the single row diamond perlee as my next purchase as an alternate wedding band, but maybe I need this. On all my other fingers, I'm not as comfortable with rings on, but my wedding ring finger is a dead appendage so I think I can get that finger used to this. Dang it!!!

Also I wanna say I love that got the Cadenas watch. My first VCA SA wore one and I stared at it all the time. It's a fabulous piece of powerful jewelry. I hope you will share lots of random pics of it.

:wavey:Hellooooo LLJsmom!
Oh my.. I think you most definitely should get the wide Perlee clover band if you love it! Your fingers ALWAYS look long and lovely in your pix.. My hands and fingers are very small too but I love me a wide band.. that fatter the better unless I can't bend my knuckle! :lol:
It's actually a very comfortable ring to wear which is always a plus.
I love that you love the Cadenas too! It's just so unusual it really caught my eye for years. I think I first saw it when the Duchess of Windsor's jewelry came up for auction.. seems to have been one of her faves. It's actually a bit more of a bracelet now instead of a watch since I really have to squint to see the time but c'est la vie I guess. :D

880964 880962

Would you get white, yellow or rose? I have tried on all 3 in the past.. captured on camera of course.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last non VCA post I promise.. here is the Harry Winston "ring that ate my finger." Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.05.54 AM.jpg

I feel you so much on this! My finger size is relatively small at a size 5.25 (mind you I'm 225lbs) but my fingers are SHORT and I just can't wear thick rings as much as I wish I could!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel you so much on this! My finger size is relatively small at a size 5.25 (mind you I'm 225lbs) but my fingers are SHORT and I just can't wear thick rings as much as I wish I could!

Yes! Sometimes too much is tooooo much!
It was such a gorgeous ring but one row of the motif would have been perfect.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last non VCA post I promise.. here is the Harry Winston "ring that ate my finger." Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.05.54 AM.jpg

Is this your ring????? HOLY MOLY. GULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all your stuff--you really do have the best taste and loot! And that watch--how cool is that!!!!

Please continue to post like mad. LOL

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Howdy Sharon!
Nooooo!! Not my ring. Just a Harry Winston ring I tried on a few years ago from a seller in Florida.
Thanks as always for the sweet weet compliments on the pieces that are mine.. I love all your stuff too!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Howdy Sharon!
Nooooo!! Not my ring. Just a Harry Winston ring I tried on a few years ago from a seller in Florida.
Thanks as always for the sweet weet compliments on the pieces that are mine.. I love all your stuff too!! :love:

I called for you on the Cartier thread. Hijack over!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! Thank you Sharon the VCA thread siege is over! You are the best hostage negotiator ever. Thanks!!!:lol:
I didn't even know there was a Cartier thread!:doh:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie
Ooo! Found a "whole team" shot from last year..
Missing some rookies but has most of the old timer heavy hitters.
NO MORE BASEBALL REFERENCES! I PROMISE!:lol:

Left to right and top to bottom.
PINKY - Cartier Nigeria, 11 carat tw emerald cut band, Vintage Tiffany marquise and round band.
RING FINGER - My moms old cut Tiffany set engagement ring and band, Vintage Tiffany sapphire "Diana" ring and matching Tiffany sapphire and diamond band, 4.3 carat marquise, Perlee band.
INDEX FINGER - 7 carat emerald cut, baguette band, ruby heart halo ring, thin ruby/diamond eternity band, pave band that matches the ruby ring.
POINTER - 2.65 carat pear bezel set in yellow gold with matching band, 1.68 heart diamond ring set in rose gold with matching Perlee rose gold band.

Whew! I think it got most in this pix.
In addition a new VCA wide Perlee clover band in white gold, the aformentioned yellow gold bubble ring and an assortment of rolling rings and other Cartier no stone rings bought mostly second hand from Ebay. :appl:

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 12.08.29 PM.jpg

This picture is the stuff dreams are made of! What a fantastic collection! Sapphires and rubies are my favorite colored gems, and I have never managed to find one I loved that was within the realm of possibility cost-wise! I love that you have many significant Tiffany pieces. This is what they should focus on...fine quality, classic pieces. I love your ring collection so much!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture is the stuff dreams are made of! What a fantastic collection! Sapphires and rubies are my favorite colored gems, and I have never managed to find one I loved that was within the realm of possibility cost-wise! I love that you have many significant Tiffany pieces. This is what they should focus on...fine quality, classic pieces. I love your ring collection so much!

:wavey: Oh thanks so much diamondseeker 2006.. your compliments truly mean so much. Funny because I think your collection is absolutely dreamy too! :love:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
A SA here in Singapore told me VCA is relaunching this series of carnelian + RG Guilloche on 01/06/23. It was first launched in autumn 2021.
Who is getting?
Is it available elsewhere?
I am thinking of its 5-motif bracelet……

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A SA here in Singapore told me VCA is relaunching this series of carnelian + RG Guilloche on 01/06/23. It was first launched in autumn 2021.
Who is getting?
Is it available elsewhere?
I am thinking of its 5-motif bracelet……
I think it’s because they are launching a new Alhambra ring with a spinning motif. One side rose gold guilloche and the other carnelian. It’s already on socials and looks so much fun!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so annoyed!! How on earth do they justify the expense of creating whole new designs when they’re resource-strapped to the point where their customers can’t even place orders for existing stock pieces :x2 Catch up on current inventory first please, VCA!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so annoyed!! How on earth do they justify the expense of creating whole new designs when they’re resource-strapped to the point where their customers can’t even place orders for existing stock pieces :x2 Catch up on current inventory first please, VCA!!

Yes indeed!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased my second piece this week. My pics aren’t great but I’ll post what I have anyway. The WMOP Alhambra bracelet in WG…ordered from the VCA site with no modifications bc the 7.48” length is perfect for my wrist/hand size. My Andrew Moline pearl studs came today; I’ll try to sneak in a shot of one of them and post more in the pearls sub.

IMG_0167.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 51

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If they offered this in hammered gold, I might be in trouble. I know they did years ago, but no longer. I would need to see RG guilloche in person to be certain how I feel about it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased my second piece this week. My pics aren’t great but I’ll post what I have anyway. The WMOP Alhambra bracelet in WG…ordered from the VCA site with no modifications bc the 7.48” length is perfect for my wrist/hand size. My Andrew Moline pearl studs came today; I’ll try to sneak in a shot of one of them and post more in the pearls sub.

IMG_0167.jpeg

Congratulations Monarch!!! Two in a week. What a haul! It looks wonderful on you, but how do you feel about it?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hellooooo LLJsmom!
Oh my.. I think you most definitely should get the wide Perlee clover band if you love it! Your fingers ALWAYS look long and lovely in your pix.. My hands and fingers are very small too but I love me a wide band.. that fatter the better unless I can't bend my knuckle! :lol:
It's actually a very comfortable ring to wear which is always a plus.
I love that you love the Cadenas too! It's just so unusual it really caught my eye for years. I think I first saw it when the Duchess of Windsor's jewelry came up for auction.. seems to have been one of her faves. It's actually a bit more of a bracelet now instead of a watch since I really have to squint to see the time but c'est la vie I guess. :D

55637D6E-DD7F-43D6-BCD9-CD97AA8FE03E.jpeg 6F0C3A0E-7251-46C2-A5DA-C46CB223129F.jpeg

Would you get white, yellow or rose? I have tried on all 3 in the past.. captured on camera of course.

Hi Rubies, thank you for posting more pics. I think you're right. If you go for the chunky rings, you just need to suck it up and go for it. I've been rethinking and wondering if I want a big diamond band instead, like an eternity with 50 pointers. Huge statement. But I tried a full eternity today, at local high end jewelry store, and it was just too disrupting to the adjacent fingers and I don't think I could get used to it. The other option is to go with a five stone. But my gut says I prefer the single row perlee. I sooo wish I could try on the perlee clover ring in my size in white gold. That would squash that dream forever. I honestly think the large clover ring represents the life I wish I lead, and the single row represents the actual life I lead. :lol: Ok, that says it all. In real life, I would wear the clover ring only ion weekends, and that defeats the purpose. I need one that I can wear every day. Ok, back to the single row. Sorry, I'm just basically self-therapying here in your thread. But I love your ring and would love see more pictures where ever you happen to be. Thank you again for the additional pics. You made such a great choice.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Monarch!!! Two in a week. What a haul! It looks wonderful on you, but how do you feel about it?

Thank you! I love it. I was very happy with the pendant, but I really really wanted something I could actually see while wearing, and the bracelet quenches that thirst. Both pieces are very summery and I was just in the mood for white metals again after a rather lengthy break in favor of YG. They aren’t intended to be everyday pieces; I don’t really have any jewelry I’d consider an everyday piece aside from gold hoops as I don’t wear a wedding band or engagement ring anymore. I would describe the feeling of owning these as pleasantly satisfied. These feel like they’ll tide me over…for now. Lol

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0167.jpeg

Oh I just love your whole WG/pearl ensemble. Looks fantastic on you. Also fun that you received the new packaging.. very fancy!
Wear it all in good health and happy times!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rubies, thank you for posting more pics. I think you're right. If you go for the chunky rings, you just need to suck it up and go for it. I've been rethinking and wondering if I want a big diamond band instead, like an eternity with 50 pointers. Huge statement. But I tried a full eternity today, at local high end jewelry store, and it was just too disrupting to the adjacent fingers and I don't think I could get used to it. The other option is to go with a five stone. But my gut says I prefer the single row perlee. I sooo wish I could try on the perlee clover ring in my size in white gold. That would squash that dream forever. I honestly think the large clover ring represents the life I wish I lead, and the single row represents the actual life I lead. :lol: Ok, that says it all. In real life, I would wear the clover ring only ion weekends, and that defeats the purpose. I need one that I can wear every day. Ok, back to the single row. Sorry, I'm just basically self-therapying here in your thread. But I love your ring and would love see more pictures where ever you happen to be. Thank you again for the additional pics. You made such a great choice.
:wavey:Gotta go with your gut. As Shakespeare said.."To thine own self be true."
Single row Perlee has your name on it.:D
Wow.. would have loved to have seen an eternity band of .50 per stone.. I'm assuming the stones were round? That's quite a ring. No wonder it was encroaching on the finger next door's space. Would you consider an emerald cut eternity band? You can get away with much larger stones than a ring with rounds.
To double check that the Perlee Clover ring might be too wide for your liking why not make a paper mock up of it?
I always do this when I am considering a ring and wondering if it has enough finger coverage or not. Using the measurements I make a paper mock up of the ring and then see how it looks and feels. Not always helpful but it's a fun art project!:lol:

03A88F3D-846C-413D-9D3A-C20F1C56763A.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:Hello again everyone!
Posting like mad today.. and this one is actually VCA related.
I recently bought a pre-loved "Cadenas" watch in stainless steel.
Interestingly "Cadenas" means padlock in French which is a fun fact and adds to my claim that most of my 10 words of French that I know are jewelry terms.
VCA only currently sells the 18K version.. they seemed to have discontinued the stainless version so I felt lucky to find this.:D 23B9E460-73D3-47E9-821E-2B51C5F076CF.jpeg
I love the style.. not the most practical watch though. the face is teeny tiny. Well I guess that is what phones are for.:lol:

Ahh I love the Cadenas! The history of the design is so special :geek2:

Just wondering whether the watch spins when you’re wearing it, as the top looks quite heavy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results