shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I FINALLY got paid for consulting work our business did last year, so we could FINALLY have our "Christmas." I really, really want either the YG or RG Diamond Pave Vintage Alhambra earrings. I called the main number and asked about availability and was told there are zero in the US (I didn't ask about WG). I asked if I could place an order for a pair and was told no, no orders are being taken for the Pave VA earrings at this time. I asked if this was a temporary thing or a permanent thing and the SA wasn't able to tell me. I asked if it was an order history thing (needing to be over a certain $ amount already spent) and he said he was not able to disclose that information.

So who knows! I'm ready to spend (finally) but no earrings available!

I guess I'll buy the new sofa I need instead, but gosh its not nearly as fun!

Hard to get is one thing but impossible to get is another. Yikes and so disappointing!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I went the other day they were low stock. I overheard a SA saying there no pouches to another client who was making a purchase. Nobody had champagne or chocolates. They did not have the YG guilloche and said they “couldn’t order” the YG hammered bracelet. This was in Westchester so I asked if they had the bracelets I wanted in the 5th avenue store, the answer was no for both 5th Ave and Vesey street.

Crazy!! They didn't attempt to put in an order for you?

I just asked my SA by text about the mini lapis RdN earrings and she said she'd put in an order to Paris for me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I FINALLY got paid for consulting work our business did last year, so we could FINALLY have our "Christmas." I really, really want either the YG or RG Diamond Pave Vintage Alhambra earrings. I called the main number and asked about availability and was told there are zero in the US (I didn't ask about WG). I asked if I could place an order for a pair and was told no, no orders are being taken for the Pave VA earrings at this time. I asked if this was a temporary thing or a permanent thing and the SA wasn't able to tell me. I asked if it was an order history thing (needing to be over a certain $ amount already spent) and he said he was not able to disclose that information.

Wow. I am well and truly shocked. Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps try again in a couple of months? I wonder if this is a permanent issue or just temporary.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I am well and truly shocked. Sorry to hear that.

Perhaps try again in a couple of months? I wonder if this is a permanent issue or just temporary.

My hunch is that it is a supply chain issue of some sort. They didn't say that, that's only my instinct. I agree with you that things may be different if I try again in several month's time.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hunch is that it is a supply chain issue of some sort. They didn't say that, that's only my instinct. I agree with you that things may be different if I try again in several month's time.

I think you're right. There seems to be a shortage of manpower as well as materials, in several areas, not just luxuries. We're having issues with finding employees here where I am, in different fields.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if VCA actually stops making these pouches.

A SA here said VCA has phased out such pouch. A new type of 2-in-1 box will be used instead, soon.
My SA in Paris said it was aimed to go green & better protect the earth. So I am clueless ….

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A SA here said VCA has phased out such pouch. A new type of 2-in-1 box will be used instead, soon.
My SA in Paris said it was aimed to go green & better protect the earth. So I am clueless ….

Someone was telling me the new box is not very pretty! :(2

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Crazy!! They didn't attempt to put in an order for you?

I just asked my SA by text about the mini lapis RdN earrings and she said she'd put in an order to Paris for me.

No, I was told outright that they didn’t have the hammered YG and could not order it either. I overheard the other SA tell his customer something about not being able to order an item (in addition to the pouches.) Like I said she made a purchase, was congratulated, but no champagne or chocolate. It was my first time in there so I don’t know how it’s supposed to go.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock

The gatekeeping is annoying and makes me not want to buy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I was told outright that they didn’t have the hammered YG and could not order it either. I overheard the other SA tell his customer something about not being able to order an item (in addition to the pouches.) Like I said she made a purchase, was congratulated, but no champagne or chocolate. It was my first time in there so I don’t know how it’s supposed to go.

I'm genuine shocked. This has not been my experience with VCA, til now.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Missie1 I also prefer bracelets and rings. Honestly, I don't have many events to dress up for so these purchases are solely for my enjoyment, for me to look at because they bring me joy as I go about my day. I too do not like Vintage Earrings with Vintage pendants, and I actually prefer only one Alhambra piece at a time. I am considering the Onyx studs more and more as they would match my bracelet and they are small enough that I don't feel they would compete.

@Pomelo I totally agree with you about the onyx sweets popping more than the Vintage on us, because the flesh around them delineates their shape more, if that makes any sense. You wear the sweets very well and I think the Carnelian ones would look stunning on you, and they are RG so they match your RG Hammered necklace! :kiss2:

@RosieR Thank you!

@LLJsmom You wear the sweet studs so well! I could see myself wearing the pave sweets all the time! I just hesitate because they are pricey for the size they are. May I ask how hard was it to get used to the backs? I find them hard to maneuver. Of course if you leave them on 24/7 you don't have to fiddle with them as much. How often do you get to wear the Vintage Pave earrings? I think we both have super casual lifestyles.

@lucida818 That is such a stunning bracelet! Let us know if you bought it!

Honestly, once a week if I remind myself to. Otherwise I wear studs. When I first got the sweet pave studs I wore them 5/7 days a week, for about 4 years. More than worth it. Got my cost per wear down. I don’t like the la poussette backs of sweets now. I would buy the bigger ones off Amazon.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I don’t like the la poussette backs of sweets now. I would buy the bigger ones off Amazon.

Totally agree with LLJsmom about the backs of the sweets. I don't use the ones they came with, but instead use Chrysmela "Extra" backs. They are super easy on/easy off, and they have extra support so they help prop up your earrings. (You may not need the propping up feature now when you are young, but down the road most of us need this to prevent droopage with stud-stye earrings.)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very late update... My new SO Frivole earrings are home!!

They're the large size in pave. The pave accomplishes exactly what I wanted, it's a softer and less bold look than the polished metal. And the larger motif size completely hides the clips face-forward. Just what I'd hoped for! had the clip clearance opened as far as possible, which turned out to be 5mm; They're incredibly light and comfortable - to the point where I forget I've even got them on, the weight is balanced perfectly! And unlike the regular high-polish large Frivole earrings mine have two post position options (I prefer the lower hole).

I opted to try the new packaging as I thought that having one earrings-specific travel pouch might be nice. Long story short: Glad I've got one new pouch but no desire for any more: It doesn't feel luxurious. My SA explained that the old travel pouches will no longer be given out, and clients will have the option of either an older-style suede "presentation" box or the newer travel-friendly eco packaging (which is also the new default). She sent me a handful of spare travel pouches for future use :lol:

I asked about Alhambra pave ear clips - long waits and no-order lists are a legitimate #Thing. Well, for us not-7-figure-spenders, or whatever their threshold for special considerations is, anyway! She also mentioned that both SOs and MTOs will be gated by the ~85-100k prespend requirement for the forseeable future.

- - - - -

Trying them on in-store before adjustment ::)

VCA_1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Wearing them for the first time!! Work get-together :bigsmile:

H_2.jpg

H_1.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My perfect little Frivole family ::)

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

Looks like you’ll never be frivole-less with that little pile at the ready! ;-)

Anyways they look stunning on you and I just love the smile in the first pic- I can see how much you love them!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SylviaF Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage alhambra size on you!! It's your Goldilocks for earrings, IMO. Substantial without being overwhelming... And Ditto @RunningwithScissors, the gold is magic with your complexion, bright and cheerful ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really have anything in particular on my wish-list, perhaps mini lapis RdN earrings to mach with my S sized lapis RdN. I was also trying to see if they have a 10-motif MOP in YG. My friend is after a 6-motif pave bracelet. They don't have any of those. I was just surprised that literally there was hardly anything, just many zodiac pendants which are not my cup of tea.

You know that I was thinking about the mini rose de noel in lapis as well. But unlike you, that rich blue doesn't suit my colouring. On you I think they'd be stunning!! A classic shape in an unexpected colour. I hope your SA can find you a pair!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what?
I stomped in to make the purchase w/o considering too much or would end up purchase not justified :tongue:

932874C4-BDA9-474D-B7F0-7804DC51CEC9.jpeg

YOU GOT IT!?? MORE MODELLING PICS NEEDED!!!!!!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
YOU GOT IT!?? MORE MODELLING PICS NEEDED!!!!!!!

@yssie
I gasped for air while seeing your entire Frivole collection ;(

I am still travelling around the region & the original length is much too long for my wrist.
Will post probably after shortening?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie
I gasped for air while seeing your entire Frivole collection ;(

I am still travelling around the region & the original length is much too long for my wrist.
Will post probably after shortening?

Yes! It’s travelling way up your forearm even with the clasp past that first motif, you must need the full 8 links out?

Congratulations!! That is such a stunning piece, and even moreso in WG to match the melee :love:

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

I've just died and gone to VCA Frivole heaven...:halo:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@yssie "little" LOL.

cheers--Sharon

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

The stuff dreams are made of!

Enjoy every sparkly moment of wearing these beauties (and every moment of just looking at them too in your jewelry box!)

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

OMG i love this ring soooo much!! It looks so stunning on your hand

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some quick stud weight comparisons:

- Pave WG Cosmos, Small: 6.4g each
- MoP RG Cosmos, Small, 5.8g each
- MOP Rose de Noel, Mini: 7.8g each
- Pave Frivole, Large: 6.0g each

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

:appl: Yssie!! Your Frivole Family is Fantastic, Fabulous, Fancy, Festive, Flattering, Fascinating and Fulfilling! And those are just the "F" compliments.:D
Enjoy them all!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results