shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
No such thing as "basic" VCA!! It's lovely on you. Classic and classy, perfect with a crisp shirt :love:

I didn't expect to at all, but I've turned into a bangle stacker. It's always my clover, single row, signature, and a mikimoto station bracelet - either all four or none at all. I do want the pearls of gold bangle to finish the set but it's been on the no-order list for several months now, sigh. Kicking myself for not just buying it early last year - my SA did try to warn me!!

Oh, totally, yes - real life comes first ::) If, y'know, you just happened to have a gob of cash burning a hole in your coat pocket, though. :lol:

Here's an old summer pic of my stack. Fancy car logo and all :bigsmile:

1676342073053.png

The one I'm still missing:

1676342006073.png

I adore your pearl bracelet layered in with this Perlee stack. It’s these additional pieces that provide variety which I love. Your arm is goals for sure

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen the single one-row in person in any color metal. I imagine it must be stunning! This is part of the reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger, most things are not available to try on at one given time so it is hard to compare. The closest store to me is an hour away and it was low in inventory for a very long time. I remember liking the Perlee Clovers bangle most in RG, I have seen Perlee Clovers in every color, although at different times, and long ago. The manager of a NYC restaurant we visited recently was wearing a YG one and it was stunning on her! Do you always wear your Perlee Clovers bangle and your one-row bangle together? If not, do you reach more for one than the other?

I hear you on moving quickly on wishlist items! The bangle would be a big purchase for me so I want to be sure and make sure I meet all my other yearly financial goals first!

Adding one more photo of my MOP pendant in action; the most basic VCA piece but I just love it.

7A7CE0A5-AD05-483F-BFA6-77152E9B2705 (1).jpg

Hi you have gotten great advice already but wanted to add my two cents. Commit to one metal color and build from there. If you favor other metals them consider that as second metal project to build out. It’s better and more cost effective in long run to consider your ultimate goals and plan around them. If you’re planning to go the RG Perlee route eventually then I would recommend getting the RG gmop pave bracelet. It will pair beautifully with current onyx and the metal differences aren’t noticeable on the stone bracelets. The Hammered RG is too coppery for my liking and I’m a RG lover. It will also coordinate with clover Perlee. I love how the pave Alhambras match to the mini paves on the Clover.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@Missie1 Thank you so much for your thoughts! You are right, in the past couple of weeks I have been trying to re-build my wishlist by most expensive piece first, looking at the whole picture and what I want my collection to look like eventually, balanced with what pieces I know I will wear daily.

I was also trying to recall what my first impressions have been when trying on a piece. Some pieces you just fall in love with on the spot. I think I talk myself into pieces based on practicality (i.e. the hammered gold bracelet).

I love how effortlessly you blend your WG and RG bangles. My problem is I like all shades of gold. I wear YG for a while and then I crave WG for a while, etc. I might need to separate and build a small WG collection with the majority of my pieces in Yellow or Rose.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I have also been strongly considering a pair of the sweet studs. I could get them in Onyx to make a set with my bracelet, but I fear that black may not show up inside my long dark hair, and I also feel that black doesn't add that glow or sparkle to your complexion that you benefit from when diamonds or pearls are next to your face.

I could also get them in MOP to match my pendant, but will I reach for them as much as I do my Akoya studs? It's hard to compete with the glow and presence from nice akoya pearl studs.

My piercings are uneven (one is farther back in the ear than the other), and I believe the flat profile of the sweet studs hides the asymmetry very well.

Vintage size might be too big for daily wear in my casual routine.

Inserting a pic of sweets in WG pavé and RG. Also a pic of my Onyx bracelet held up to my ear to visualize what Onyx Vintage earrings would look like. (Am I the only crazy person who walks around the house holding jewelry up to different body parts?) :lol:

IMG_4049_Original.jpg

IMG_4051_Original.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I have been eyeing VCA bracelets for a few months now... I want to try them on and I guess I was thinking about them so much lately that I dreamed they had an outlet/discount shop just for me. :lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have also been strongly considering a pair of the sweet studs. I could get them in Onyx to make a set with my bracelet, but I fear that black may not show up inside my long dark hair, and I also feel that black doesn't add that glow or sparkle to your complexion that you benefit from when diamonds or pearls are next to your face.

I could also get them in MOP to match my pendant, but will I reach for them as much as I do my Akoya studs? It's hard to compete with the glow and presence from nice akoya pearl studs.

My piercings are uneven (one is farther back in the ear than the other), and I believe the flat profile of the sweet studs hides the asymmetry very well.

Inserting a pic of sweets in WG pavé and RG. Also a pic of my Onyx bracelet held up to my ear to visualize what Onyx Vintage earrings would look like. (Am I the only crazy person who walks around the house holding jewelry up to different body parts?) :lol:

IMG_4049_Original.jpg

IMG_4051_Original.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

I really like the Vintage size on you, it has more presence and seems more "adult" to my eyes. That said, I understand the need to sometimes have smaller-scale items due to various activities you may do or places you go. I have a pair of turquoise Sweets that I wear when out in the field working (literally when I'm out in rugged terrain) and need to have minimal jewelry. (I can't stand to have totally naked ears!)

The other thing that may be helpful for your with the Vintage size, is that the place where the post meets the back of the earring is adjustable, so if you want one earring raised or lowered slightly, you can get it done. Perhaps that would help you balance your piercings?

I also think the yellow gold pair is lovely next to your hair color, it glows like sunlight.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@ProfessorBling What a fun dream to have! What bracelets are you eyeing?
I really like the Vintage size on you, it has more presence and seems more "adult" to my eyes. That said, I understand the need to sometimes have smaller-scale items due to various activities you may do or places you go. I have a pair of turquoise Sweets that I wear when out in the field working (literally when I'm out in rugged terrain) and need to have minimal jewelry. (I can't stand to have totally naked ears!)

The other thing that may be helpful for your with the Vintage size, is that the place where the post meets the back of the earring is adjustable, so if you want one earring raised or lowered slightly, you can get it done. Perhaps that would help you balance your piercings?

I also think the yellow gold pair is lovely next to your hair color, it glows like sunlight.
Thank you @RunningwithScissors for your thoughts. That is precisely why the sweets appeal to me, I'm mostly running around town, taking my youngest child from one activity to the next in jeans and a t-shirt, and I don't have a lot of grown-up activities.

Your Vintage Onyx earrings look stunning against your blonde hair! How often do you reach for them? What are you most worn earrings between your diamond studs, the turquoise sweets, and the Vintage Onyx?

Adding another picture collage of the different size earrings in case it can helo someone looking for the different sizes. I love the Frivole Pave (these are the Small size RG) but I think they look extremely awkward on me so I'll have to stick to a pendant only. In the first pic of tiny diamond studs, you can see how the piercing is off-center on my lobe.

IMG_3806.JPG

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
@Missie1 Thank you so much for your thoughts! You are right, in the past couple of weeks I have been trying to re-build my wishlist by most expensive piece first, looking at the whole picture and what I want my collection to look like eventually, balanced with what pieces I know I will wear daily.

I was also trying to recall what my first impressions have been when trying on a piece. Some pieces you just fall in love with on the spot. I think I talk myself into pieces based on practicality (i.e. the hammered gold bracelet).

I love how effortlessly you blend your WG and RG bangles. My problem is I like all shades of gold. I wear YG for a while and then I crave WG for a while, etc. I might need to separate and build a small WG collection with the majority of my pieces in Yellow or Rose.
So it’s easier to build YG collection as most options come in YG. I don’t really like YG so I bite the bullet and paid the 30% markup to get the Alhambra pieces in RG. I think you have your general direction now you need to map out the direction. Also I find it easier to concentrate on building sets as it keeps me from being all over the place. For me a set is two pieces that compliment one another. Also do you plan to wear bangles and bracelets stacked together? Or do you prefer all bracelets stack vs all bangle stack. This way you can focus on what you’re trying to accomplish as you’re jumping across all categories. Remember bracelets and rings are for you to enjoy as you see those. Earrings and Necklaces other see. For this reason I only have two Pendants as I had to stop myself from grabbing them as they add up to a bigger pieces.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_4049_Original.jpg

IMG_4051_Original.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

Honestly they serve two different purposes and it’s room in one’s collection for both sweets and Vintage. Both look great on you….it’s just matter of deciding which pair to get first. I personally don’t like matching vintage pendant and vintage earrings paired together. I prefer it casual with sweet earring and pendant combo. Looks effortless and chic. The vintage earrings I like paired with bracelets for more of a pop or a magic pendants.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_4049_Original.jpg

IMG_4051_Original.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

We share the same issue with dark hair :P2 But actually, I really like the look that the Sweets in onyx or carnelian have precisely because they’re smaller and sit in the lobe. To my eyes, the contrast between the onyx/carnelian against the lobe is much stronger than the pave (and esp RG sweet!).

However, for the vintage or magic size, because it sits off the ear, it blends into hair more. For my face/ears, I don’t like the size of the vintage on me (my piercings are slightly wonky too and can see the closing mechanism of the VA earrings front-on) and I haven’t found a store that has stock to try on the hammered YG Magics yet…

1395D8F9-B0A7-4F2D-A711-D29922C5D5FF.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_4049_Original.jpg

IMG_4051_Original.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

The hammered in the vintage size looks amazing on you :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you @RunningwithScissors for your thoughts. That is precisely why the sweets appeal to me, I'm mostly running around town, taking my youngest child from one activity to the next in jeans and a t-shirt, and I don't have a lot of grown-up activities.

Your Vintage Onyx earrings look stunning against your blonde hair! How often do you reach for them? What are you most worn earrings between your diamond studs, the turquoise sweets, and the Vintage Onyx?

Adding another picture collage of the different size earrings in case it can helo someone looking for the different sizes. I love the Frivole Pave (these are the Small size RG) but I think they look extremely awkward on me so I'll have to stick to a pendant only. In the first pic of tiny diamond studs, you can see how the piercing is off-center on my lobe.

IMG_3806.JPG

People know I’m a huge fan of the sweet pave studs but that’s cause I’m a stud person. When I got mine almost 5 years ago I was 60/40 about them. Then I started wearing them and just loved how easy, low key and light weight they were but they still felt special. I cast aside my 2.34 ctw studs and wore the sweets pretty much 4 years straight. I recently got 4+ ctw studs and now these will probably be my super casual earrings every day. I think you could do with both sweet and vintage in your collection. Just get the one you would wear more first.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock

IMG_3806.JPG

YG vintage 5 motifs guilloche, onyx, MOP, and the hammered one. I think I would probably stick with guilloche or hammered before getting anything else. I need an everyday bracelet. I wish they made the sweet-sized 6 motifs in YG.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YG vintage 5 motifs guilloche, onyx, MOP, and the hammered one. I think I would probably stick with guilloche or hammered before getting anything else. I need an everyday bracelet. I wish they made the sweet-sized 6 motifs in YG.

SAME.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock

I went to a boutique today. They can’t order the hammered YG (no explanation given) and did not have the YG guilloche for me to try, only the YG guilloche with diamonds. The sweet size 6 motif bracelet in any color is not for me, but boy… I’ll take a YG guilloche any day!

This was my first time trying on VCA and I was surprised by how delicate the bracelets were, especially the links. I thought they’d be more substantial.

Attachments

• DF1FFF8A-FB14-46E1-8E7F-D45A85BB57C5.jpeg
    DF1FFF8A-FB14-46E1-8E7F-D45A85BB57C5.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 2D6FF537-2101-4C3A-B283-F7029C4FD25C.jpeg
    2D6FF537-2101-4C3A-B283-F7029C4FD25C.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 0CDEA2FC-D24E-4FC6-A9CA-D1D7DE32B992.jpeg
    0CDEA2FC-D24E-4FC6-A9CA-D1D7DE32B992.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 92
  • F1932556-3AC4-4823-A442-4FE87467ACD2.jpeg
    F1932556-3AC4-4823-A442-4FE87467ACD2.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 88

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Visiting VCA in a neighbouring country in search of Frivole earrings WG in small model.
Chanced upon this VA WG pave & it simply blew me away……
82733FEB-C4A7-4966-88DC-CAF1890D47BB.jpeg

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@Missie1 I also prefer bracelets and rings. Honestly, I don't have many events to dress up for so these purchases are solely for my enjoyment, for me to look at because they bring me joy as I go about my day. I too do not like Vintage Earrings with Vintage pendants, and I actually prefer only one Alhambra piece at a time. I am considering the Onyx studs more and more as they would match my bracelet and they are small enough that I don't feel they would compete.

@Pomelo I totally agree with you about the onyx sweets popping more than the Vintage on us, because the flesh around them delineates their shape more, if that makes any sense. You wear the sweets very well and I think the Carnelian ones would look stunning on you, and they are RG so they match your RG Hammered necklace! :kiss2:

@RosieR Thank you!

@LLJsmom You wear the sweet studs so well! I could see myself wearing the pave sweets all the time! I just hesitate because they are pricey for the size they are. May I ask how hard was it to get used to the backs? I find them hard to maneuver. Of course if you leave them on 24/7 you don't have to fiddle with them as much. How often do you get to wear the Vintage Pave earrings? I think we both have super casual lifestyles.

@lucida818 That is such a stunning bracelet! Let us know if you bought it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any particular thing are you looking at @Phoenix?

I don't really have anything in particular on my wish-list, perhaps mini lapis RdN earrings to mach with my S sized lapis RdN. I was also trying to see if they have a 10-motif MOP in YG. My friend is after a 6-motif pave bracelet. They don't have any of those. I was just surprised that literally there was hardly anything, just many zodiac pendants which are not my cup of tea.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else facing the same low-stock issue?

Last year I reached out for some magic Alhambra earrings - MOP and hammered yellow. I was ghosted :(
I suppose there is no point in emailing back if you have nothing to sell. I’m not going to chase her down for an expensive luxury purchase, so I’m currently focusing on non vca items on my wish list.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I reached out for some magic Alhambra earrings - MOP and hammered yellow. I was ghosted :(
I suppose there is no point in emailing back if you have nothing to sell. I’m not going to chase her down for an expensive luxury purchase, so I’m currently focusing on non vca items on my wish list.
They should've at least emailed you back to let you know there's no stock.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@Phoenix
You are right about the pouch.
Was told the boutiques no longer receive pouches from VCA EU hence no pouch to give out with purchase :evil:

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone else facing the same low-stock issue?

When I went the other day they were low stock. I overheard a SA saying there no pouches to another client who was making a purchase. Nobody had champagne or chocolates. They did not have the YG guilloche and said they “couldn’t order” the YG hammered bracelet. This was in Westchester so I asked if they had the bracelets I wanted in the 5th avenue store, the answer was no for both 5th Ave and Vesey street.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I FINALLY got paid for consulting work our business did last year, so we could FINALLY have our "Christmas." I really, really want either the YG or RG Diamond Pave Vintage Alhambra earrings. I called the main number and asked about availability and was told there are zero in the US (I didn't ask about WG). I asked if I could place an order for a pair and was told no, no orders are being taken for the Pave VA earrings at this time. I asked if this was a temporary thing or a permanent thing and the SA wasn't able to tell me. I asked if it was an order history thing (needing to be over a certain $ amount already spent) and he said he was not able to disclose that information.

So who knows! I'm ready to spend (finally) but no earrings available!

I guess I'll buy the new sofa I need instead, but gosh its not nearly as fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results