shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Huge price jump on the VCA website. :(

In the Vintage Alhambra line, the 20 motifs jumped approx $4K, 10 motifs jumped $2K
What OMG

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Me too! I don't know what to think either.

I've never been on the Canadian site to my knowledge. I thought I was looking at the same VCA site I've always looked at in the past, but I guess it is possible I got connected with the Canadian site instead. So weird.

Whew, this is super good news the items didn't jump by so much $$!

LOL I'm such a tool! I was really upset for a good part of the day thinking everything had gone up so much.

Sorry for causing panic to everyone!

No, it was definitely “off” for whatever reason. When I saw your post, I opened the same window I always use and went right to the Alhambra pieces I’ve been thinking about. They listed the increased prices with a strange squared-off blocky text with a larger space where the comma goes. As soon as I saw Odette’s post about Canadian dollars, I tried switching, but by that time the prices were resolved and the font was the same in CAN$ or USD. Strange! The other thing I did was head over to TPF immediately to see if they were chattering about it. But it was radio silence over there, so I *knew* something was up, lol. Those ladies know all!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
After a bit of wait, I finally picked up my latest addition to my small VCA collection today. It took a couple of weeks for it to come in and then I had it sent off to get links taken out. I love it so much! I was contemplating between this one and the GMOP/pave one and decided on this one as I wear so much black to work (once we are back at the office).

Attachments

• DB312473-A750-47F1-9533-7CCED4675E4C.jpeg
    DB312473-A750-47F1-9533-7CCED4675E4C.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 89

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Me too! I don't know what to think either.

I've never been on the Canadian site to my knowledge. I thought I was looking at the same VCA site I've always looked at in the past, but I guess it is possible I got connected with the Canadian site instead. So weird.

Whew, this is super good news the items didn't jump by so much $$!

LOL I'm such a tool! I was really upset for a good part of the day thinking everything had gone up so much.

Sorry for causing panic to everyone!

Oh good, it was a false alarm! Please don‘t feel bad @RunningwithScissors , it could have been any of our browsers that went rogue! Now we can all be relieved together...and get back to planning!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
After a bit of wait, I finally picked up my latest addition to my small VCA collection today. It took a couple of weeks for it to come in and then I had it sent off to get links taken out. I love it so much! I was contemplating between this one and the GMOP/pave one and decided on this one as I wear so much black to work (once we are back at the office).

I adore and covet this bracelet!! It is the perfect combo of stone and pave and will be a cornerstone of an amazing collection! How nice to have something lovely around which to plan your future work outfits. It will elevate every look. Enjoy!

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband just gifted the vintage Alhambra carnelian from the online boutique but I think I will have him return it. The color is not as deep/dark as I like with their carnelian. Also when I hold it to the light, the stone has a few tiny air gaps on the sides of the motif? Has anyone had that happen? I’ve read in some places it’s normal but wanted to check here :)
I called the local boutique and they said there’s a shipment coming soon so I’ll roll the dice and hopefully there’s a color I like better in it.

E5E62886-BD95-4BEB-9CA2-2878694FC488.jpeg

Tiny air gaps are common; both of my pieces have slight ones, too, but I have to hold the motifs up to a light source to actually see them. I believe the motifs are hand cut so there will be some variation. Definitely check with a SA about the colour, though - I love the darker shades of carnelian and hope to purchase one in the future, but I know that I wouldn't wear a piece that is more red-orange nearly as much.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
The other thing I did was head over to TPF immediately to see if they were chattering about it. But it was radio silence over there, so I *knew* something was up, lol. Those ladies know all!

Good call @KristinTech ! They really do know all. I think there’s a dedicated thread there for discussion of when price increases are coming!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I adore and covet this bracelet!! It is the perfect combo of stone and pave and will be a cornerstone of an amazing collection! How nice to have something lovely around which to plan your future work outfits. It will elevate every look. Enjoy!

Thank you so much! The SA also pointed out that Onyx is more durable than Mother of Pearl. Since this is a bracelet and it will be more susceptible to getting wet or banged around, I though it was a safer choice as well.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous! I love the onyx wg pave combination. One of my favorite bracelets from VCA.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I adore (and covet!) that bracelet too!!! So sparkly and beautiful. Enjoy your new treasure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!!! This is such a beautiful bracelet and I love mine, too! I do think the onyx and pave can be worn with so many things, especially for those of us who wear black often!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I adore (and covet!) that bracelet too!!! So sparkly and beautiful. Enjoy your new treasure!

Thank you! I do love the sparkle so much on this piece. I read your concern regarding the lack of available stock right now and I inquired my SA about it. It is definitely covid-related. Whatever stock they had got wiped out after the holidays and Valentine’s Day and their stock isn’t getting replenished at the same rate. For example, when I bought this bracelet, my store didn’t have it in stock and there was only 3 left in the country. My SA had to put in the request to have it brought it from another store and sometimes the other store refuses to release it as they want to sell it to their own customers! That’s why it took a couple of weeks to get it in as I do think it took a bit of behind the scenes finessing by my SA to get it released.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! This is such a beautiful bracelet and I love mine, too! I do think the onyx and pave can be worn with so many things, especially for those of us who wear black often!

Thank you so much! I do think this piece is more on the practical side and I am looking forward to wearing it often!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! What a fabulous permanent addition. That's a great daily wear piece.

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
My favorite VCA piece and top of my wish list for the exact same reasons -- a perfect everyday bracelet for those of us who love to wear black! It looks wonderful on you. Enjoy!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite VCA piece and top of my wish list for the exact same reasons -- a perfect everyday bracelet for those of us who love to wear black! It looks wonderful on you. Enjoy!
Thank you! I wear SO much black and grey for work as well as on the weekends that I really felt that the “cost per wear” would work itself out :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I definitely think I can wear it almost everyday to work! I’m wearing it today even though I’m working from home lol. I definitely prefer VCA bracelets shortened as it allows me to see 3 motifs at a time.
83B4BE88-0167-495D-984A-D0A20A74A574.jpeg

Exquisite!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Paisley, actually I don't really feel the weight of the WG frivole. I'm fine wearing them a couple of days a week. In my head (which is seriously all screwed up), I visualize them dragging my earlobes. But I'm keeping the frivoles because I refuse to let myself be STUPID. I have tried on the mini frivole, but I could not see enough of the petals so I went up in size.

I do think I will go for the turquoise sweets. Ok, adding to my list!

Hi @LLJsmom ! Did you decide to keep the WG Frivole earrings (mirror polish)? I was wondering what you ended up thinking aboutf them. (too heavy?)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love the carnelian on you. So warm and rich. Which way are you leaning now?

Thanks!

My top three favorite 20 piece motifs are the onyx, the rose gold and the carnelian. I don't know which of those is my favorite, and all would be very versatile with my wardrobe.

(PS: My sweet hubby bought VCA earrings for me, but I'm not allowed to post them until my birthday in May! So I'm no longer a VCA virgin LOL!)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

My top three favorite 20 piece motifs are the onyx, the rose gold and the carnelian. I don't know which of those is my favorite, and all would be very versatile with my wardrobe.

(PS: My sweet hubby bought VCA earrings for me, but I'm not allowed to post them until my birthday in May! So I'm no longer a VCA virgin LOL!)

So funny about the earrings, @RunningwithScissors —sounds like he’s a good sport about this pastime of ours! Also a nice distraction while you decide on how to set the diamond studs!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So funny about the earrings, @RunningwithScissors —sounds like he’s a good sport about this pastime of ours! Also a nice distraction while you decide on how to set the diamond studs!

He's come a long way in understanding (and now sharing) my love of jewelry. The first 12 years of our marriage, not so much. (It was a learning curve for both of us!) LOL

He's my darling and he wants to make me happy. :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at TheRealReal today and see that they are selling pre-loved, current VCA pieces for MORE than the new ones directly from VCA. (And TheRealReal is fibbing about how much the new pieces are selling for!) I know that the VCA inventory is low right now, but its insane to pay more for a pre-loved piece then a new one!

Here's what I mean:

From the VCA website $2,710:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.03 PM.png

From TheRealReal: $2,895:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.17 PM.png

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at TheRealReal today and see that they are selling pre-loved, current VCA pieces for MORE than the new ones directly from VCA. (And TheRealReal is fibbing about how much the new pieces are selling for!) I know that the VCA inventory is low right now, but its insane to pay more for a pre-loved piece then a new one!

Here's what I mean:

From the VCA website $2,710:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.03 PM.png

From TheRealReal: $2,895:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.17 PM.png

Actually, I believe the one The RealReal has listed is Chaldedony which is currently on the VCA site at $3,050...the one you show from the site is Mother-of-pearl which is a tad less expensive new. They look very similar in photos but TRR properly identifies theirs in the description.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results