shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I know right!? A weird pic but I took this the first time I wore my bracelet and loved the translucency as well!
E0084271-873A-4E1E-B6AF-8492249C111C.jpeg

Pretty! The stone glows within its yellow gold frame!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know if VCA does gift certificates?

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
So my husband got me the Vintage Grey MOP Alhambra pendant for our first wedding anniversary and I'm just so fascinated by the pink/purple flashes it shows! This is getting addictive, can't wait to get another GMOP piece next!

082017B4-677C-4BE9-918F-C052BC9B85FE.jpeg
D0632E05-1041-4182-AE64-7302DFF8E4D6.jpeg
A6F8AEB1-23F7-4232-AE17-67BB4452BD5B.png 1805A840-4320-45D3-813F-C324C6250E83.png ABCFABC7-3BB0-43BE-9D66-B83FBF965920.png

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So my husband got me the Vintage Grey MOP Alhambra pendant for our first wedding anniversary and I'm just so fascinated by the pink/purple flashes it shows! This is getting addictive, can't wait to get another GMOP piece next!

A6F8AEB1-23F7-4232-AE17-67BB4452BD5B.png 1805A840-4320-45D3-813F-C324C6250E83.png ABCFABC7-3BB0-43BE-9D66-B83FBF965920.png

Oh my goodness, I had no idea that it flashes so much purple! I love that shade!

Congrats on your anniversary & enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful pendant and great anniversary gift!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the videos the color is gorgeous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That color is amazing! My favorite derivation of GMOP so far. Absolutely love it. Congratulations!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

So very pretty! The GMOP I have tends more pink - green and I really love your purple! Happy first anniversary to the two of you!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, I had no idea that it flashes so much purple! I love that shade!

Congrats on your anniversary & enjoy!

Beautiful pendant and great anniversary gift!

That color is amazing! My favorite derivation of GMOP so far. Absolutely love it. Congratulations!

So very pretty! The GMOP I have tends more pink - green and I really love your purple! Happy first anniversary to the two of you!

Awww thank you so much everyone! Before getting this pendant I've been religiously stalking through all the GMOP photos that everyone has posted and it has really helped a lot in helping me decide what type of GMOP or Carnelian I'd love to have! The VCA collections posted here is truly at a whole new level!

My SA in Singapore, Ion Orchard was really fabulous and I'd absolutely purchase from her again! I went in thinking of getting either the Perlee Couleurs in Carnelian or Mini Frivole pendant, or maybe the Vintage Alhambra pendant but that was very stone-dependent so it was less likely for me to get it as I've gone in a couple of times before and none of them really stood out to me. She was very friendly and helpful in recommending and taking out many pieces for me to try on and match, and I just fell in love with the GMOP version when I first tried it on!

After deciding on the GMOP from the display piece which already had a lot of the pink iridescence I was looking for, she brought out another 2 new pieces and one of it was this piece, which she was right in saying that it was darker than the other GMOP pieces but has the most beautiful purple/pink flashes and boy, was she right!

Here are some more photos/videos of the pendant in the day and when it's not actively flashing purple/pink, as I got it yesterday night and couldn't get day shots earlier!

17251A60-6D03-4B48-AF23-CE9EC862B613.jpeg BB6EB9F3-5E71-4FB6-A1AF-A3B8BB599C5C.jpeg A4E57215-31FF-4593-A7EE-F5DA016A1C3C.jpeg 1D7BD13C-C2CF-4F53-B057-541D21E52D51.jpeg

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Snagged this just last week. Just FYI. This was 3.78 g compared to the vintage pave Alhambra earstuds which are 4.49 g.
AC20410A-9503-4786-A8A1-1B26F1997CFD.jpeg

@LLJsmom oh they are so gorgeous on you and a flattering size on your ears! Are they the smalls? If so I think we might be Frivole twins :mrgreen: but mine were heavier for some reason (maybe I have to check my scale? Or maybe because they are older, from 2015)

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom oh they are so gorgeous on you and a flattering size on your ears! Are they the smalls? If so I think we might be Frivole twins :mrgreen: but mine were heavier for some reason (maybe I have to check my scale? Or maybe because they are older, from 2015)

Thank you @MiniMinerva . Appreciate your pictures and your input about the weight. I was pleasantly surprised at the lighter weight. I could feel the difference. It could be because yours were earlier. You never know. Anyhoo, I have to be honest. I'm not 100% sure about them. They are so different from any style I own, but I own only two pairs of earrings that I wear so that is a pretty large field. But I can see myself reaching for these a lot. They are very pretty, modern and clean.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @MiniMinerva . Appreciate your pictures and your input about the weight. I was pleasantly surprised at the lighter weight. I could feel the difference. It could be because yours were earlier. You never know. Anyhoo, I have to be honest. I'm not 100% sure about them. They are so different from any style I own, but I own only two pairs of earrings that I wear so that is a pretty large field. But I can see myself reaching for these a lot. They are very pretty, modern and clean.

Interesting! I’ll have to bring mine to work to weigh on the professionally-calibrated scale just out of curiosity. I’ll report back on that. I would have preferred lighter too for comfort.

I honestly do really like how they look on you @LLJsmom as you have that idealized ear lobe shape and the Frivole petal pattern accentuates them as well as continuing your beautifully defined jawline. But I understand your doubts too. I’m pretty selective about earrings myself. Aside from the issues of weight and the pinchy backs, they are fingerprint magnets, and at least for me I have to put them on with a microfiber cloth lest my hand/face oils/lotion/makeup spoil their clean high-mirror finish. Inevitably during wear they do accumulate some oil/lotion/makeup and so I usually wash and dry them at the end of the day. Still, when I put in the effort, they are stunning little sculptures and even non-jewelry people really notice them. They’re playful but sophisticated with a considered design that frames the face (not too many earrings have a design that accounts for viewing angle in their structure, and I appreciate that about these). Personally, I go through cycles of wearing them a lot and then going back to studs, but whenever I “rediscover” them I‘m struck by their versatility and how well-made they are for the human form.

You must love them with your heart to keep them though! If you just aren’t feeling it when you put them on, don’t talk yourself into why they might be a good idea because IMHO they are a little high-maintenance.

Last edited:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Snagged this just last week. Just FYI. This was 3.78 g compared to the vintage pave Alhambra earstuds which are 4.49 g.
AC20410A-9503-4786-A8A1-1B26F1997CFD.jpeg

They look beautiful on you!
I own the mini pair in WG and use them as my everyday earring in place of diamond studs.(I fell out of love with stud earrings and sold/gifted any that I owned).
This size is next on my wish list.
Wearing something "different" on the ear does take some getting used to. I do think they look lovely with your hair color and length of your hair. They look like the perfect size.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting! I’ll have to bring mine to work to weigh on the professionally-calibrated scale just out of curiosity. I’ll report back on that. I would have preferred lighter too for comfort.

I honestly do really like how they look on you @LLJsmom as you have that idealized ear lobe shape and the Frivole petal pattern accentuates them as well as continuing your beautifully defined jawline. But I understand your doubts too. I’m pretty selective about earrings myself. Aside from the issues of weight and the pinchy backs, they are fingerprint magnets, and at least for me I have to put them on with a microfiber cloth lest my hand/face oils/lotion/makeup spoil their clean high-mirror finish. Inevitably during wear they do accumulate some oil/lotion/makeup and so I usually wash and dry them at the end of the day. Still, when I put in the effort, they are stunning little sculptures and even non-jewelry people really notice them. They’re playful but sophisticated with a considered design that frames the face (not too many earrings have a design that accounts for viewing angle in their structure, and I appreciate that about these). Personally, I go through cycles of wearing them a lot and then going back to studs, but whenever I “rediscover” them I‘m struck by their versatility and how well-made they are for the human form.

You must love them with your heart to keep them though! If you just aren’t feeling it when you put them on, don’t talk yourself into why they might be a good idea because IMHO they are a little high-maintenance.

Thank you @MiniMinerva . You are very thoughtful about your earrings, what works, what doesn't and why. I appreciate your sharing with me. It helps me analyze. I always wonder why I like or don't like something. Using a microfiber cloth to put them on is a very smart idea. I will try that next time. My gut is telling me I will regret it if I don't keep them, and I have a feeling that I will appreciate them more over time, like I do my Alhambra pave studs, which I absolutely cannot live without. I do want to reach for them because they are so different, and I really appreciate the 3D effect. Strangely, that was the reason I did not like them the first time I tried them 3-4 years back. Then after wearing the minis for a few days, I understood the point of the petals. They do "droop" in the most pathetically delightful way. I'll hang on to them for longer. I have 3 more weeks, so hopefully I'll like them even more then. I'm wearing my pave sweet studs now, and I just love them. I'm hankering for a pair of turquoise sweets. I constantly wonder if it makes sense to have two pairs of the same design but different color earrings in my collection. I wish I wasn't so weird about earrings.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you!
I own the mini pair in WG and use them as my everyday earring in place of diamond studs.(I fell out of love with stud earrings and sold/gifted any that I owned).
This size is next on my wish list.
Wearing something "different" on the ear does take some getting used to. I do think they look lovely with your hair color and length of your hair. They look like the perfect size.

Thank you @Paisley2628. I fell out of love with my studs too. I honestly think I just need to go bigger. I do think in 2-3 years I'll be ready to wear them again, but I would need to go bigger. LOL!

Will you be getting WG or YG? I'm undecided about this pair, and yet I think about a YG pair. I don't make sense.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Paisley2628. I fell out of love with my studs too. I honestly think I just need to go bigger. I do think in 2-3 years I'll be ready to wear them again, but I would need to go bigger. LOL!

Will you be getting WG or YG? I'm undecided about this pair, and yet I think about a YG pair. I don't make sense.

Actually, I want both! :)
I'm not even a YG person, but I find these hard to resist. I recently purchased a pair of pre-loved Tiffany YG earrings to ward off the temptation. ( I didn't even own a pair of YG earrings anymore). Being such a WG person, the WG pair will be my next VCA purchase. I'm not really sure if I will ever go back to loving diamond studs.
You have such a beautiful VCA collection!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I constantly wonder if it makes sense to have two pairs of the same design but different color earrings in my collection. I wish I wasn't so weird about earrings.

I don’t think that makes you weird about earrings @LLJsmom ! Or if you are, then I’m in the same boat. Also, the pave and turquoise Alhambra look substantially different from one another, so IMO they don‘t they even count as two colors of the same design. I‘ve been considering the pave Sweets or VA lately, since I had been feeling uninspired by my basic studs.

Like you and @Paisley2628 I was also tempted by the YG when I chose the Frivole...they look so sunny and romantic in that warm color. I still think about the minis in YG sometimes but I too am more of a white metals person.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so enjoying seeing everyone's new VCA additions! And I must also admit that I seem to be gleefully diving headfirst into VCA obsession! My latest VCA snag is a pair of white gold Perlée hoop earrings that I absolutely adore. I have to give a huge shout-out to @LLJsmom for bringing these to my attention... thank you so much for putting them on my radar! They are so versatile, so "me," and they fit in perfectly with my collection!

I can feel the VCA fascination quickly sinking in... next on the list is a custom order solid white gold vintage Alhambra bracelet, and I'm still trying to decide on a few other potential pieces! Such fun decisions to be had! But for now, I am majorly loving these hoops! :love:

IMG_2661 (cropped).jpg IMG_2326 (cropped).JPG

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I am so enjoying seeing everyone's new VCA additions! And I must also admit that I seem to be gleefully diving headfirst into VCA obsession! My latest VCA snag is a pair of white gold Perlée hoop earrings that I absolutely adore. I have to give a huge shout-out to @LLJsmom for bringing these to my attention... thank you so much for putting them on my radar! They are so versatile, so "me," and they fit in perfectly with my collection!

I can feel the VCA fascination quickly sinking in... next on the list is a custom order solid white gold vintage Alhambra bracelet, and I'm still trying to decide on a few other potential pieces! Such fun decisions to be had! But for now, I am majorly loving these hoops! :love:

Ohhh...love these!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan I love those, too, and I cannot understand why VCA doesn't continue to offer them? They'd sell so many! I also love the idea of the solid wg vintage Alhambra bracelet, but I am so hoping they will add it to the regular line because I hate the thought of paying a special order premium to get a different color gold!

thecatmom

Rough_Rock

Love your Perlée hoops! Such classic yet fashionable piece :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They fabulous on you @carbonfan . :kiss2: That means they found the perfect home. So happy they will make it into your regular rotation. Can't wait to see your upcoming pieces. That solid WG 5-motif will fit right into your collection seamlessly. How long did they say it would take?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I want both! :)
I'm not even a YG person, but I find these hard to resist. I recently purchased a pair of pre-loved Tiffany YG earrings to ward off the temptation. ( I didn't even own a pair of YG earrings anymore). Being such a WG person, the WG pair will be my next VCA purchase. I'm not really sure if I will ever go back to loving diamond studs.
You have such a beautiful VCA collection!

Thank you @Paisley2628 . Funny right? The thought of my old studs does nothing for me now. I'm actually thinking of more sweets in my collection. @MiniMinerva and @carbonfan I could use your help. You guys don't seem averse to smaller earrings. (Everyone loving VCA seems to go bigger and I am headed in the opposite direction.) I am seriously considering adding either WG and turquoise sweets, WG and carnelian vintage SO, YG and carnelian sweets, or WG and onyx sweets SO. I just know when I put on sweets I don't worry AT ALL about them weighing down my earlobes or stretching my piercing. At first I was set on WG and carnelian vintage SO but I'm concerned those will be as heavy as the pave vintage alhambra studs, which I have but rarely wear due to weight. The turquoise and carnelian sweets are easy, cause you can get them (at least when supply is back up). The other two are SOs, and aside from the premium, I hate waiting so long. Any thoughts? And although this is VCA, there is one Cartier pair I for sure will add...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results