shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Some pieces are pre-approved. Like WG and chalcedony earrings. Some that aren’t on the list must be approved. They usually require at 30-50% premium. My WG and onyx bracelet required a 45% premium. It can 2-6 months. And some even longer. Your SA would need to make a request to Paris and you wait for them to approve. Then they tell you the price. If you want it, you would usually deposit 50% and the rest when completed.

Really good to know, thank you!

White gold and onyx is top of my list too.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Do they ever bring back discontinued stones as custom pieces? They used to have a pink opal Alhambra that I would LOVE to have.

Every once in a while I see a discontinued VCA piece for sale on the second hand market, but my Sparkly Fund is low at the moment (just upgraded my diamond studs) so I can't just snatch up any new item for quite some time. There was a 20 motif pink opal necklace that I would just die for!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they ever bring back discontinued stones as custom pieces? They used to have a pink opal Alhambra that I would LOVE to have.

Every once in a while I see a discontinued VCA piece for sale on the second hand market, but my Sparkly Fund is low at the moment (just upgraded my diamond studs) so I can't just snatch up any new item for quite some time. There was a 20 motif pink opal necklace that I would just die for!

Generally only current stones or different color gold are accepted for special orders (that's what you ask for). You won't get a special order approved for tthe discontinued stones like turquoise, lapis, or pink opal, etc. There are some very VIP clients that can sometimes get a really special stone, but not for 99.9% of the customers. I decided to get the wg pave onyx bracelet rather than special order and pay the extra 30+% for just wg onyx. The regular line is marked up enough in the first place! After seeing the bracelet, the pave is worth it, I promise. It makes the bracelet, in my opinion.

But to get something very rare like the pink opal second hand, you're likely looking at double or triple the cost of the item in current stones. There was a 10 motif posted for sale yesterday and it sold immediately. There are collectors with unlimited budgets!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock

[I've been following along and am super excited to see which VCA item you pick, but had to chime in off the current topic to say STUDS! When do we get to see the upgrade!! So exciting :D]

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I’m new here so I hope you don’t mind if I ask a question. Have any of you seen both the solid hammered yellow gold and guilloche yellow gold VA pendant at the same time? If so, might you be able to tell me if one of them looks more “yellow“ than the other in person even though they are made with the same alloy? It is hard to tell from photos, especially seeing them one at a time. I am thinking of getting one of these for my mom for Mother’s Day this year and with travel being limited I wouldn’t have a chance to compare them in person. I’ll have to buy through the e-boutique (she’ll love the giant velvet box, though!)

Thank you and sorry for interrupting your conversation!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
[I've been following along and am super excited to see which VCA item you pick, but had to chime in off the current topic to say STUDS! When do we get to see the upgrade!! So exciting :D]

Awww...you are so sweet!

I don't have them set yet. I have one diamond, a CBI, in my possession now.

I am still paying off the second diamond, a matching ACA, using the WF interest free installment plan.

So one more month and I'll have them set and in my ears. I PROMISE I will post pics on "Show Me The Bling" !! :)

The waiting is killing me!

They are 3.7 ctw (1.8+ carats each) E VS1.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww...you are so sweet!

I don't have them set yet. I have one diamond, a CBI, in my possession now.

I am still paying off the second diamond, a matching ACA, using the WF interest free installment plan.

So one more month and I'll have them set and in my ears. I PROMISE I will post pics on "Show Me The Bling" !! :)

The waiting is killing me!

They are 3.7 ctw (1.8+ carats each) E VS1.

I wondered when you have referred to matching the CBI as a “weird size,” so I have been patiently waiting, hah! I understand how lucky you are to have found a mate now!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a 10 motif posted for sale yesterday and it sold immediately. There are collectors with unlimited budgets!
Speaking of....did I happen to spy your amazing lapis bracelet and lovely fancy AVR on her page as well?! :halo: :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of....did I happen to spy your amazing lapis bracelet and lovely fancy AVR on her page as well?! :halo: :bigsmile:

You certainly are observant! lol! I just found that the wg/pave/onyx will be worn SO much more, and I don't need two of the bracelets with pave. It has never been worn outside of my house! I have more rings than I wear, so I am letting that one go even though I love it. The downside for me is that she posts so many things, and I am not 100% sure she can possibly keep up with all the IG messages. She's supposed to post them again.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I’m new here so I hope you don’t mind if I ask a question. Have any of you seen both the solid hammered yellow gold and guilloche yellow gold VA pendant at the same time? If so, might you be able to tell me if one of them looks more “yellow“ than the other in person even though they are made with the same alloy? It is hard to tell from photos, especially seeing them one at a time. I am thinking of getting one of these for my mom for Mother’s Day this year and with travel being limited I wouldn’t have a chance to compare them in person. I’ll have to buy through the e-boutique (she’ll love the giant velvet box, though!)

Thank you and sorry for interrupting your conversation!

It's hard to determine what you consider "more yellow". I would describe the guilloche as shinier, but the hammered is mostly brushed gold. Looks are very different. Does your mom worry about scratches? If so, I would go with the vintage hammered. If she wears without worry, then the guilloche is blingier. And she will absolutely love the box. :) It's a lovely gift for your mom. My mom wears her hammered pieces without any worry.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You certainly are observant! lol! I just found that the wg/pave/onyx will be worn SO much more, and I don't need two of the bracelets with pave. It has never been worn outside of my house! I have more rings than I wear, so I am letting that one go even though I love it. The downside for me is that she posts so many things, and I am not 100% sure she can possibly keep up with all the IG messages. She's supposed to post them again.

Totally get it! I wouldn’t have thought twice about the bracelet but you know PSers know others by their bling so when I saw the AVR in the next story I knew it couldn’t be coincidence! Dust for a quick sale! I wish I could take the lapis off your hands but not the right time.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to determine what you consider "more yellow". I would describe the guilloche as shinier, but the hammered is mostly brushed gold. Looks are very different. Does your mom worry about scratches? If so, I would go with the vintage hammered. If she wears without worry, then the guilloche is blingier. And she will absolutely love the box. :) It's a lovely gift for your mom. My mom wears her hammered pieces without any worry.

Thank you for answering my question! That is a helpful preference to consider. My mom definitely worries about scratches and likes all her things to be pristine. A necklace is pretty much the only option if I want her to actually wear it (rings and bracelets will end up saved for ”special occasions”). Sounds like hammered is the better choice, especially if your mom has had success wearing without worry! I thought I remembered reading on PurseForum that one of the two motifs looked more yellow in person but I couldn’t find the post again. She did live through the Very Big and Very Yellow 80’s so I didn’t want her to see a necklace that is otherwise totally her style through yellow-tinted glasses..

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

If it’s OK may I ask what IG seller? I’m going to be in the market for an AVR so I’d love to have a look when your pieces are posted!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I wondered when you have referred to matching the CBI as a “weird size,” so I have been patiently waiting, hah! I understand how lucky you are to have found a mate now!

Yes! The CBI is 1.89 ct and that is a crazy difficult size to match. But staying just under that 2 ct mark saves a ton of $$, so the wait and the effort is worth it. You are so sweet to remember :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s OK may I ask what IG seller? I’m going to be in the market for an AVR so I’d love to have a look when your pieces are posted!

I'll let someone else tell you because I can't discuss pieces I am selling anywhere but on the pre-loved forum. If you have any questions, please make a post in the Pre-loved section. It's not the one in my avatar picture, though. It's this one:

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I'll let someone else tell you because I can't discuss pieces I am selling anywhere but on the pre-loved forum. If you have any questions, please make a post in the Pre-loved section. It's not the one in my avatar picture, though. It's this one:

Oh thank you! I’m sorry...didn’t mean to put you on the spot!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
ABE71882-9B65-4F0B-B792-316ED3C32D09.jpeg

I know these aren’t as exciting as many of the lovely pieces you guys have, but since this is a ”show me” thread I thought I would share.

Thank you guys again for your help!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

I know these aren’t as exciting as many of the lovely pieces you guys have, but since this is a ”show me” thread I thought I would share.

I love the Frivole line! So pretty.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Yes, they are exciting! I love them! Please try to get a picture of an ear with them on!

Aww, thanks @diamondseeker2006 , I will try to take on the challenge of the ear selfie (and maybe the bigger challenge of ear shyness)! I don’t have a lot of VCA yet, just these and a couple of GMOP pieces that are currently in the safe deposit box (earrings in Pure Alhambra and 2014 holiday pendant).

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Paisley2628 and @HollyC ! I am fond of the Frivole line too. I keep wanting to justify owning the minis even though I already have the smalls.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

These are beautiful, classic and elegant! I love them.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Seriously I need some info on these. Can you weigh them and tell me how much one weighs? I am desperate to find out.

Are these the small size?

And yes, please please earshots!!! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results