shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone
I am thinking about purchasing my first ever VCA piece. I have always loved the Vintage Alhambra in MOP set in white gold. So I think that will be my very first purchase.
Unfortunately there is no VCA in Scotland where I live and due to the virus situation I will likely purchase online. Travel isn’t an option for me right now

I prefer my bangles and bracelets to be very neat on. My Cartier love fits snugly and it’s how I like it. I don’t like movement.
So if you wear a size 16 inyour Cartier Love what length do you wear your VCA Alhambra bracelet at?
It is listed as 18cms online and I think I may have to have it reduced by about a centimetre to for snuggly.

Thank you

Oh my, I am so sorry I totally missed your post until now! I love the MOP in white gold and it's on my wishlist, too! Basically you'd likely want 1 link removed between each motif, so that means 4 links removed (1 link is a double link). I think that's about a half inch removed total, so slightly over 1 cm. I don't think that would be a snug fit, but it's really meant to dangle a little.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the MoP Vintage Alhambra set, necklace, bracelet and earrings. But it seems strange to wear it in the cooler months. So I splurged and got a red carnelian necklace and earrings. The bracelet will have to wait a bit, my credit card is shrieking in pain.
20201007_180448.jpg 20201007_180234.jpg

It's hard to get a good photo of your own ear, particularly when you have an audience:

IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the MoP Vintage Alhambra set, necklace, bracelet and earrings. But it seems strange to wear it in the cooler months. So I splurged and got a red carnelian necklace and earrings. The bracelet will have to wait a bit, my credit card is shrieking in pain.

It's hard to get a good photo of your own ear, particularly when you have an audience:

IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg
The e carnelian is so pretty and happy isn’t it? Congratulations!!! It’s beautiful on you.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The e carnelian is so pretty and happy isn’t it? Congratulations!!! It’s beautiful on you.

Red just felt right for a fall/winter necklace! But I would love a turquoise set.....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous color that looks perfect on you!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous color that looks perfect on you!

Thank you! Red is a color that makes me happy in winter. In warmer months I go for pink.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I received my first VCA piece today for my anniversary. I almost always wear platinum, so I chose the MOP bracelet in WG. The presentation was amazing, as is the bracelet. IMG_8190.jpg IMG_8206 (1).jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my first VCA piece today for my anniversary. I almost always wear platinum, so I chose the MOP bracelet in WG. The presentation was amazing, as is the bracelet. IMG_8190.jpg IMG_8206 (1).jpg

This is so very beautiful!! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think this is a beautiful piece. I crave it every now and then, and then I tell myself I have enough alhambra pieces. But it still calls to me...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG-20201007-WA0001.jpg

I love carnelian for the fall and winter, too! Beautiful!

I've tried this on and it is so pretty in person! It's on my wishlist!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if anyone knows why the white gold choices in Alhambra seem so limited.

I admire the yellow and rose gold pieces, but they don't look good against my skin tone.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 I'm so glad you asked this question since I have been wondering the same thing. I tried on a few bracelets at VCA the other day since I am thinking about a piece for a big anniversary I have next year.

Also, I wanted to say that your new MOP bracelet is gorgeous!! That is a dream piece for me. I think MOP is so eye catching and beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Paisley2628 I'm so glad you asked this question since I have been wondering the same thing. I tried on a few bracelets at VCA the other day since I am thinking about a piece for a big anniversary I have next year.

Also, I wanted to say that your new MOP bracelet is gorgeous!! That is a dream piece for me. I think MOP is so eye catching and beautiful.
I wish I knew why too. I think they use WG more with diamond pieces. But that’s just a theory of mine. I’ve asked SAs and they say they don’t know either. I love WG too.
What piece are you thinking about @OdetteOdile ?
@Paisley2628 your piece is making me seriously consider it. I don’t have a single MOP piece and maybe I should... maybe in the earrings.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much! The MOP picks up the colors around it, and I find myself just staring at the bracelet. Which piece were you thinking of getting for your anniversary?

I wish I knew why too. I think they use WG more with diamond pieces. But that’s just a theory of mine. I’ve asked SAs and they say they don’t know either. I love WG too.
What piece are you thinking about @OdetteOdile ?
@Paisley2628 your piece is making me seriously consider it. I don’t have a single MOP piece and maybe I should... maybe in the earrings.

I loved the bracelet so much, I ordered the WG MOP Pendant yesterday!
Do you find the Alhambra earrings comfortable?

Do you know if VCA ever had the onyx sweet bracelet in WG?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy @LLJsmom you have no idea just how much I have poured over this thread!! As of right now, the pieces I am considering are 6 motif rose gold sweet alhambra bracelet, 5 motif rose gold vintage alhambra bracelet, possibly MOP vintage alhambra bracelet not sure which metal, yellow gold mini frivole earrings and yellow gold vintage alhambra single motif necklace.

As you can see, I am all over the place. I think I would like a bracelet to stack with my treasured dbty bracelet, but I am not sure if tangling will bother me. I wanted to see the rose gold sweet 6 motif bracelet, but they did not have it in the store. I am not sure how it will look with my skin tone. They put the white gold/diamond 6 motif sweet bracelet on me, and it looked gorgeous.... but is not my price range.

I would like to get a piece that I can wear every day. I am okay with not wearing it while working out/showering/sleeping. However, I will most likely keep it on while washing hands, doing kitchen chores.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 Ah I didn't see your question until after I replied to LLJsmom or I would have tagged you in that post too. I gave more detail in that post. I am all over the place!!

I think it is fabulous that you got the pendant too!! I think you are going to wear it with everything. I think the opalescent quality of mother of pearl is so dreamy! Was it hard for you to decide between yellow gold or white gold for the MOP? For some reason I like yellow gold for necklaces/earrings, but I prefer white gold on my wrist. I think I need to keep trying things on.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 Ah I didn't see your question until after I replied to LLJsmom or I would have tagged you in that post too. I gave more detail in that post. I am all over the place!!

I think it is fabulous that you got the pendant too!! I think you are going to wear it with everything. I think the opalescent quality of mother of pearl is so dreamy! Was it hard for you to decide between yellow gold or white gold for the MOP? For some reason I like yellow gold for necklaces/earrings, but I prefer white gold on my wrist. I think I need to keep trying things on.

I almost always wear platinum/white gold. Any yellow gold jewelry I have are antique/Victorian pieces with gemstones in them. I definitely feel that WG looks better with my skin tone- so it was an easy decision for me.
There are so many lovely pieces - It is hard to choose just one! Enjoy trying the pieces on and deciding what you like the best!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! The MOP picks up the colors around it, and I find myself just staring at the bracelet. Which piece were you thinking of getting for your anniversary?

I loved the bracelet so much, I ordered the WG MOP Pendant yesterday!
Do you find the Alhambra earrings comfortable?

Do you know if VCA ever had the onyx sweet bracelet in WG?

My ears are very sensitive to pinch and weight so I was really worried about the pave vintage Alhambra studs. Turns out they were super comfy on me. And you can have VCA make the clip less tight if you want. I love them. LOVE.

No there is no sweet in onyx and WG. Although you might be able to request a special order (SO), which would need to be approved. But for a single sweet motif in WG and onyx, for me that would be too expensive. SO can vary from 30-50% in additional cost. A premium. You could request a WG and onyx five motif bracelet. Also a SO but more worth it to me than a sweet bracelet.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
My ears are very sensitive to pinch and weight so I was really worried about the pave vintage Alhambra studs. Turns out they were super comfy on me. And you can have VCA make the clip less tight if you want. I love them. LOVE.

No there is no sweet in onyx and WG. Although you might be able to request a special order (SO), which would need to be approved. But for a single sweet motif in WG and onyx, for me that would be too expensive. SO can vary from 30-50% in additional cost. A premium. You could request a WG and onyx five motif bracelet. Also a SO but more worth it to me than a sweet bracelet.

Thank you! I didn't realize that VCA accepts requests for a special order.

A pair of vintage Alhambra studs are on my wish list.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I was admiring the 2 & 3 motif earrings on their website but I wonder just how heavy they are....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was admiring the 2 & 3 motif earrings on their website but I wonder just how heavy they are....

The three motif earrings are really heavy!! I can't wear them without blingdots.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
MOP and white gold is a very nice combination... Enjoy!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
The three motif earrings are really heavy!! I can't wear them without blingdots.

Thanks for letting me know! Heavy earrings won't work for me, although they look stunning online.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I almost always wear platinum/white gold. Any yellow gold jewelry I have are antique/Victorian pieces with gemstones in them. I definitely feel that WG looks better with my skin tone- so it was an easy decision for me.
There are so many lovely pieces - It is hard to choose just one! Enjoy trying the pieces on and deciding what you like the best!

If you like white gold, the 2020 holiday necklace might be of interest to you.

van-cleef-arpels-alhambra-holiday-season-pendant-mixmatch.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results