shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OBSESSED with this thread. A pair of Magic Alhambra ( the bigger size) earrings in Onyx is on my MUST HAVE bucket list. Hoping for my 5 year wedding anniversary next year...unless I stumble on some pre-owned on a reputable site. Even then they are still $$$ but I am dying for them...

Also i have to say, Phoenix your jewelry collection literally makes me weak in the knees. :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1464659912|4038348 said:
LLJsmom|1464628891|4038171 said:
luv2sparkles|1464627216|4038158 said:
I would love to buy more VCA as well but they are so expensive :(sad :(sad . Wish they are more affordable. Would love to get a turquoise pendant but am told by my SA that supplies are very limited.

Here's pic of my holiday pendant as promise. Grey mop with rosegold.
That gray mop is amazing. I've never seen it before. Would you mind sharing a neckshot?

Here's a pic with it on. Sorry for the bad lighting. Actually this is the 2014 holiday pendant and not 2015. Last year holiday pendant was a pale pink mop. I had requested to add 2 inch when I purchase it since I find the regular length to be too short. Had learn that when you request to add the additional 2 inch at time of purchase they don't charge. If you go back to add the 2 inch link, VCA would wanna charge. Believe it is somewhere between $200 to $400.

This is extremely valuable information! Thank you! I am not sure of the original length, but if it is 16", I would add length, too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1464736224|4038682 said:
I LOVE seeing all the beautiful VCA pieces here! :love: I am obsessed with VCA right now. OBSESSED. Like scouring the Internet every day for images of VCA jewelry in the wild when I should be working obsessed.
I have the MOP sweet earrings and pendant and am currently ruminating over my next acquisition . . . . You ladies have certainly added fuel to the fire! Lol
Here's a picture of my earrings and pendant for the thread.

This is a dangerous obsession alright! Very nice pieces! :love: I think the MOP pendant in yg will be my next purchase. I need to leave my credit card at home when I go to Vegas this weekend, because I think there are TWO VCA stores there!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just discovered when I went into the VCA boutique at Neiman's, they accept full refund or exchange within 30 days. Yes, different from the independent boutiques. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm thinking about something for my mom. Yup, gonna try again. VCA might be it...

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1464757693|4038845 said:
Just discovered when I went into the VCA boutique at Neiman's, they accept full refund or exchange within 30 days. Yes, different from the independent boutiques. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm thinking about something for my mom. Yup, gonna try again. VCA might be it...

I like going to NM for my VCA pieces. Find them to be much more accomadating and not as pushy as the boutique. They also will let you use NM gift cards toward your purchase. So if you have a NM card it is good to redeems your points and use it to buy VCA. Although you will need a lot of points!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464757693|4038845 said:

That is very, very good to know!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random late night VCA thoughts...

I think I want this next. Given that I never take my butterfly off, this should be a worthwhile purchase. I'll just need to wear it everyday for 8.2 years for the daily cost of wearing it to be $1/day.

vca_sweet_white_gold.png

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the magic bracelet in YG mop, grey mop and onyx. It looked amazing! Looked great paired with my vintage onyx bracelet too. It's my next VCA purchase, but I'm buying time because this would be a great pick-me-up for a rainy day. Just kinda concerned about the dangling charm...

_37470.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1464940836|4039714 said:

I think I want this next. Given that I never take my butterfly off, this should be a worthwhile purchase. I'll just need to wear it everyday for 8.2 years for the daily cost of wearing it to be $1/day.

I love this, LLJsmom. It's gorgeous and would stack very well with your lovely butterfly bracelet.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1462292400|4026581 said:
My new love!! :love: :love: :love:

My very first VCA piece and am afraid to say may not be my last!!

Wow, what a piece to begin your VCA collection with!!! I love the clover perlee bangle, it is gorgeous on you. What made you choose the clover over the pave or the signature?

Have you thought about what your next addition to your collection would be? I think one of the alhambra bracelets would pair beautifully with it(I tried the signature with my vintage alhambra and it looks amazing together).

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
kama_s|1464976111|4039849 said:
I tried the magic bracelet in YG mop, grey mop and onyx. It looked amazing! Looked great paired with my vintage onyx bracelet too. It's my next VCA purchase, but I'm buying time because this would be a great pick-me-up for a rainy day. Just kinda concerned about the dangling charm...

I too like this bracelet but am afraid of the dangling charm. I'm extremely clumsy and will pretty end losing that part of the bracelet.

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock

This would be so pretty worn with your other jewelry. :love: :love: It will be a lovely addition to your jewelry collection. Definitely a good excuse to wear it daily!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I considered that one when I exchanged my pink gold bracelet, but honestly, you can get a 5 motif vintage solid gold bracelet (yg or pg) for about $3950, and I thought that was a more significant piece. So just something to think about!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1465050264|4040106 said:
Phoenix|1462292400|4026581 said:
My new love!! :love: :love: :love:

My very first VCA piece and am afraid to say may not be my last!!

Wow, what a piece to begin your VCA collection with!!! I love the clover perlee bangle, it is gorgeous on you. What made you choose the clover over the pave or the signature?

Have you thought about what your next addition to your collection would be? I think one of the alhambra bracelets would pair beautifully with it(I tried the signature with my vintage alhambra and it looks amazing together).

Thank you, Kama. Long time no "see".

That was a funny story, actually. I had, of course, been aware of the VCA brand and had seen the Perlée clover in their window display numerous times, but never actually went in. I then saw the Perlée clover on the SMTB show me your designer pieces and started to really lust after it. I looked at the RG version online and thought was sooooo beautiful.

I then decided one day to go into VCA to try on the RG clover and it was BAMN!! Instant love at first sight!!! I couldn't take it off. I even tried on the WG version and didn't like it as much (which was strange b/c most of my jewellery is in WG). I decided right there and then that I'd get it, and haven't looked back seen. I wear it practically everyday and love it more and more.... :love: :love: :love:

The pavé I thought was gorgeous, but rather "muted". I'm getting the Cartier pavé with ceramic instead. The signature, I might get to pair with my watch...i like it, a lot, but don't need to rush to get one right now.

I love Alhambra but am afraid it might scratch my watch bc it moves up and down a lot. I especially like the sweet 6 motif and may get that at some point.

I love your collection btw. You've mentioned that you tried on the Perlée several times but still haven't pulled the trigger. Will you?

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
dollyanjuli|1465250755|4040892 said:
if anyone is interested, therealreal.com has a lotus ring for almost 10K off in size 6:

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/jewelry/rings/van-cleef-and-arpels-lotus-between-the-finger-ring

i check all the luxury consignment websites 3-4 times a day looking for my onyx earrings, but you don't usually find this much of a discount on VCA pieces so thought i would post!

That is true, you really don't see that much of a discount on VCA pieces. At the price that some of these consignment have it at, I rather buy it brand new.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, prices dropped but are going back up in November.

Ok, posting this everywhere shamelessly...

vca6.jpg

When my mom saw the sweet WG with diamonds on, she immediately said it was too small. I thought so too, unfortunately. Interesting how opinions can change so quickly. We both liked the yellow gold with MOP. (See how many different times I have tried on VCA necklaces??)

I was so surprised b/c the five motif WG with MOP looked absolutely fabulous on her. Never would I have thought. And it is $3900 v. $3000 for just one pendant. She liked the single pendant in WG with chalcedony.

5_wg_mop.jpg

mop.jpg

5_motif.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1466834558|4048080 said:

vca6.jpg

When my mom saw the sweet WG with diamonds on, she immediately said it was too small. I thought so too, unfortunately. Interesting how opinions can change so quickly. We both liked the yellow gold with MOP. (See how many different times I have tried on VCA necklaces??)

I was so surprised b/c the five motif WG with MOP looked absolutely fabulous on her. Never would I have thought. And it is $3900 v. $3000 for just one pendant. She liked the single pendant in WG with chalcedony.

I love your taste and your mom's too.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1466834558|4048080 said:

vca6.jpg

LLJsmom,

The carnelion sweet looks great on you!
I was considering the WG pave sweet for DD as well but she too preferred something a bit more substantial.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Earlier in the year, with an impending price increase, I decided on purchasing some items on my wish list.
I had been on the lookout for another non-VCA jewelry item which was to have been the one purchase of the year, but the search has been fruitless so far, so I decided to scratch the VCA itch.

I considered the RG/YG Perlee clover bracelet, but they both did not 'pop' against my skin tone and I didn't really want to wear more than one. Tried the all pave version but I thought I could get a similar one without paying the mark up for the brand.
I also tried on the pave Alhambra earrings at different boutiques but they hurt a lot due to my thick earlobes. I had VCA remove the clips permanently on my pave Frivole earrings for the same reason.

So... I ended up with the 5 motif pave Alhambra bracelet and the YG Frivole pendant and earrings for myself, and the 5 motif onyx bracelet for my daughter.

img_11993.jpg

img_11994.jpg

img_11995.jpg

img_11996.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Boom! You have a seriously fine collection!! Any that are too short for you, please don't hesitate to send my way :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom. I'm floored. What a collection! :love: :love: :love: Looks so well on you! Your DD has a lot to choose from!

Question. VCA was willing to remove the clips for you?n did they supply with a stud backing?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom, your collection is TDF!! :love: :love: :love: Actually, I blame YOU for my obsession with VCA after seeing your Perlée clover bracelet and Lotus ring on the SMTB designer pieces thread. :wink2: :) . It's interesting that you went for the WG Perlée+ Alhambra vintage pavé combo - I'd be petrified of the Alhambra scratching the Perlée, he he. And do you not wear your Lotus ring at all now?

Love the crocodile Birkin too, totally drool-worthy! Is that a 25? An what colour is it exactly? It's gorgeous!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Alex T|1466851662|4048118 said:
Wow, Boom! You have a seriously fine collection!! Any that are too short for you, please don't hesitate to send my way :naughty:

Thanks Alex T! DD might have issue with that :D !

LLJsmom|1466877734|4048252 said:
Boom. I'm floored. What a collection! :love: :love: :love: Looks so well on you! Your DD has a lot to choose from!

Question. VCA was willing to remove the clips for you?n did they supply with a stud backing?

LLJsmom, VCA Paris removed them clips for me and gave me some tiny stud backings. I've attached a pic. I forgot to ask them for the clips back when they sent them to me. Oh well.

Phoenix|1466916364|4048444 said:
Boom, your collection is TDF!! :love: :love: :love: Actually, I blame YOU for my obsession with VCA after seeing your Perlée clover bracelet and Lotus ring on the SMTB designer pieces thread. :wink2: :) . It's interesting that you went for the WG Perlée+ Alhambra vintage pavé combo - I'd be petrified of the Alhambra scratching the Perlée, he he. And do you not wear your Lotus ring at all now?

Love the crocodile Birkin too, totally drool-worthy! Is that a 25? An what colour is it exactly? It's gorgeous!

Haha Phoenix, I think we all enable each other on here.
I'm not one to mind scratches too much but if it's really bad, I may wear them on separate arms.
I liked that the new bracelet is distinctly VCA and also goes with everything since it's all white.
I've worn the Lotus ring out once. Now it's too small so it sits in the safe. :((

Thank you! The bag is a B30 Nilo in Braise. Glad I went with palladium which I think matches my WG pieces well!

img_12005.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Boom!! That's like the HOLLY GRAIL of Birkins!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'm dying, lol!!

I have a B35 crocodile in Bougainvillier coming to me, but I think Braise is a nicer red, a "truer" red. Also, I like 35's but I'd KILL for a B30 in croco and hope to have one some time, great for evenings out.

You have AMAZING taste!! :appl:

It's too bad you're not wearing the Lotus ring. It's too gorgeous! I'm supposed to pick up mine this coming Sat btw, it's a size 47 and apparently it's the only 47 in the whole world, out of all the VCA boutiques. I really hope it fits. Oh, can they re-size yours for you?

Boom

Shiny_Rock
A B35 in Bougainvillier is going to be amazing and so eye catching! I am sure you will rock it!

When I ordered my bag in Paris, my SA advised me to pick Braise over Fuschia because red would be easier to carry than pink as I got older...

You've been on a roll lately haven't you?

The Lotus is a really spectacular ring, sometimes I just take it out to admire the workmanship and all the tiny, sparkly diamonds.
My lifestyle doesn't call for such a ring though, so I haven't asked about re-sizing it. Maybe one day.

You, on the other hand have the perfect lifestyle for it, so I hope the size 47 fits you and we can all look forward to photos galore!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom|1466953289|4048507 said:
A B35 in Bougainvillier is going to be amazing and so eye catching! I am sure you will rock it!

When I ordered my bag in Paris, my SA advised me to pick Braise over Fuschia because red would be easier to carry than pink as I got older...

You've been on a roll lately haven't you?

The Lotus is a really spectacular ring, sometimes I just take it out to admire the workmanship and all the tiny, sparkly diamonds.
My lifestyle doesn't call for such a ring though, so I haven't asked about re-sizing it. Maybe one day.

You, on the other hand have the perfect lifestyle for it, so I hope the size 47 fits you and we can all look forward to photos galore!

Yes, Bougainvillier is a bright watermelon red with pink undertones and is very eye-catching; whilst Braise is a more true red and is more classic & versatile. I love all Hermes red shades and Bougainvillier is one of my faves. You did really great, Braise is the HG! :appl: If I'd had a choice, I'd for sure have chosen Braise over Bougainvillier but am certainly not complaining, lol.

Ha ha, I do the same with my bling. I take it out to admire it when I'm not wearing it.

I have been, yes. The sales of my two diamonds have helped; though I'm sure DH will breathe a sigh of relief once I'm done this year and yes, this is absolutely IT for this year, truly.

I really hope you get to wear your Lotus ring. It's just too beautiful not to. I'm planning to wear mine to dinner etc and not save it just for special events....life is too short, yanno?! :))

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, Boom, OMG!!! Your VCAs and Bs... GOALS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results