shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS mindhive, I'm hoping to get your opinions. I have the guilloché vintage pendant and am struggling with which earrings to go with it. The pendant is my everyday go-to, and I typically pair it with studs, but I'd like some alternatives. Is it too matchy-matchy to wear them with the guilloché earrings? Do you think it would look okay to pair them with the diamond vintage earrings? Ultimately, I'd like to get both, but trying to decide on the first purchase. Thank you. :)

I'd get the diamond vintage earrings first. They will go with all other Alhambra in that same metal. And there's something to be said for getting the most expensive items on the wishlist first to minimize future price increases. I think the guilloche earrings would be fine to have, too.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I'd get the diamond vintage earrings first. They will go with all other Alhambra in that same metal. And there's something to be said for getting the most expensive items on the wishlist first to minimize future price increases. I think the guilloche earrings would be fine to have, too.

Thank you so much for the advice. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS mindhive, I'm hoping to get your opinions. I have the guilloché vintage pendant and am struggling with which earrings to go with it. The pendant is my everyday go-to, and I typically pair it with studs, but I'd like some alternatives. Is it too matchy-matchy to wear them with the guilloché earrings? Do you think it would look okay to pair them with the diamond vintage earrings? Ultimately, I'd like to get both, but trying to decide on the first purchase. Thank you. :)

I don’t love the super matchy look either. So I wouldn’t do the guilloche earrings. That’s totally just my personal preference though!

Do you like to see a size difference between pendant and earrings? Or do you prefer the motifs be of same/similar size? I do think of the YG guilloche as a neutral, so I think you have a ton of options!! Magic studs in YG pave or hammered gold or onyx or MOP, Vintage pave, even Frivole pave...

I’m with @diamondseeker2006 on buying the most expensive items first. Price hikes are inevitable ;(

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t love the super matchy look either. So I wouldn’t do the guilloche earrings. That’s totally just my personal preference though!

Do you like to see a size difference between pendant and earrings? Or do you prefer the motifs be of same/similar size? I do think of the YG guilloche as a neutral, so I think you have a ton of options!! Magic studs in YG pave or hammered gold or onyx or MOP, Vintage pave, even Frivole pave...

I’m with @diamondseeker2006 on buying the most expensive items first. Price hikes are inevitable ;(

@yssie, thanks so much. I think ultimately I need to go in and try items on. The Magic size will likely be too big and heavy for me to wear on a daily basis. (Love the size for pendants though.) Fun to contemplate the options. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, thanks so much. I think ultimately I need to go in and try items on. The Magic size will likely be too big and heavy for me to wear on a daily basis. (Love the size for pendants though.) Fun to contemplate the options. :)

That’s where I am too. I wish there was a size between Vintage and Magic. Oh well, woe is us :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree about the vintage pave studs. And honestly those are super safe to order on line because they look fabulous regardless and it’s highly unlikely that they won’t go. Definitely try online if the store doesn’t have any in stock.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lovely VCA PSers will probably remember @diamondseeker2006's beautiful and nearly-impossible-to-get-hold-of lapis 50th anniversary bracelet. Hers was a journey of friendship and timing, with a side of fabulous luck - here's her original thread :love:

A few months ago she decided to part with this piece and I was SO thrilled to be able to give it a forever home!!! Mine, it turns out, was also a very happy journey of friendship and timing and fabulous luck :bigsmile:

Just a handful more photos of this incredibly special memento to add to the pictures DS has shared already because it's too darn pretty to resist ::)

IMG_2770.png

IMG_3328.png

IMG_3017 copy.png

IMG_3291.png

IMG_2744.png

And a quickie snap of how I've been wearing it ::) Mostly just around the house - It's too long for me at the moment; going to NYC is on the To Do list.

IMG_2946.png

Yssie, I missed your post. (Spell check gave me “por*”.). Which maybe was the right word! :lol:

and seriously it is drop dead gorgeous on you. I hope you’ll reach for it a lot because I. An only imagine the thrill of staring down and seeing it adorning your arm. I feel like my eyeballs might explode. So wonderful that @diamondseeker2006 ’s lovely piece is staying in the PS family.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, I missed your post. (Spell check gave me “por*”.). Which maybe was the right word! :lol:

and seriously it is drop dead gorgeous on you. I hope you’ll reach for it a lot because I. An only imagine the thrill of staring down and seeing it adorning your arm. I feel like my eyeballs might explode. So wonderful that @diamondseeker2006 ’s lovely piece is staying in the PS family.
:lol::love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lovely VCA PSers will probably remember @diamondseeker2006's beautiful and nearly-impossible-to-get-hold-of lapis 50th anniversary bracelet. Hers was a journey of friendship and timing, with a side of fabulous luck - here's her original thread :love:

A few months ago she decided to part with this piece and I was SO thrilled to be able to give it a forever home!!! Mine, it turns out, was also a very happy journey of friendship and timing and fabulous luck :bigsmile:

Just a handful more photos of this incredibly special memento to add to the pictures DS has shared already because it's too darn pretty to resist ::)

IMG_2770.png

IMG_3328.png

IMG_3017 copy.png

IMG_3291.png

IMG_2744.png

And a quickie snap of how I've been wearing it ::) Mostly just around the house - It's too long for me at the moment; going to NYC is on the To Do list.

IMG_2946.png

:wavey:Oh my goodness!! That particular combo is so unusual and just beautiful. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!:appl:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
A few weeks ago my husband and I visited his mother in southern CA. My MIL loves jewelry, and buys a ton of it, but doesn't really understand quality. (I hope that doesn't sound snobby, but it is true. For example, she thinks a sapphire is a sapphire, whether black as ink and badly cut from Macy's or a gorgeous hue in a precision cut.) Since she loves jewelry shopping, and we really wanted her to see what high quality jewelry looks and feels like, we took her on a jewelry shopping weekend. We all had so much fun! It was a weekend of beautiful, high-end jewelry and fabulous meals in great restaurants. I feel like the three of us really bonded (my husband enjoyed it as much as his ladies did!) She absolutely loved VCA, Mikimoto and even TheRealReal. She is now seriously considering the Perlee bracelet and ring set.

Anyway, here we are at the Cosa Mesa Mall looking at VCA.

Here I am trying on a GORGEOUS butterfly ring:

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Arrggg...PS is not letting me post any more pics! I have no idea why. I've got more I want to show! I'll be back in a few hours to try again.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a wonderful time! I’m refreshing for more pics!! :bigsmile:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago my husband and I visited his mother in southern CA. My MIL loves jewelry, and buys a ton of it, but doesn't really understand quality. (I hope that doesn't sound snobby, but it is true. For example, she thinks a sapphire is a sapphire, whether black as ink and badly cut from Macy's or a gorgeous hue in a precision cut.) Since she loves jewelry shopping, and we really wanted her to see what high quality jewelry looks and feels like, we took her on a jewelry shopping weekend. We all had so much fun! It was a weekend of beautiful, high-end jewelry and fabulous meals in great restaurants. I feel like the three of us really bonded (my husband enjoyed it as much as his ladies did!) She absolutely loved VCA, Mikimoto and even TheRealReal. She is now seriously considering the Perlee bracelet and ring set.

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Hi! Your shopping trip sounds like it was SO MUCH fun!!! Spreading the fine bling gospel.. way to go. :D
The butterfly ring is a true piece of art.. loved seeing the video.
Thanks for posting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2770.png

IMG_3328.png

IMG_3017 copy.png

IMG_3291.png

IMG_2744.png

IMG_2946.png

Oh Good Lord!! I FAINT!!

GORGEOUS:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Thank you love ❤️

I’m so grateful to have made real world friends from PS. And I certainly count you and DS as two of them!! It’s a privilege to keep this piece in the PS family, and in my family of friends ❤️

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

This sounds like a dream weekend to me....good company, great jewels, and great food! Not much more fun than that! I think it is awesome y'all did that for your MIL, especially since she is a jewelry lover but just hasn't been exposed to really high quality. Without the internet, I am not really sure what my jewelry would look like at this point! :lol: The PS get-togethers have been great fun for me. I miss those shopping trips!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2770.png

IMG_3328.png

IMG_3017 copy.png

IMG_3291.png

IMG_2744.png

IMG_2946.png

Congrats to the new lucky owner of this beautiful piece! :love: :clap:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been a little busy adding to my VCA collection.

I have big (I mean seriously big) ear lobes and had been looking for earrings with more presence but not too heavy.

I’d never considered the Flowerlace earrings as they were classified under high jewelry but whilst on holiday last October, even though we were dressed casually, the SA helping us insisted I try these on and I just fell in love.

They covered quite a bit of my ear lobes but were so light and comfortable to wear. It took two months to get the tension adjusted right, but now they are my favorite earrings.

In December when we were on vacation in Europe, we popped into the local VCA boutique 30 minutes before closing intending to get a small momento of the trip. We walked out more than hour later with the matching Flowerlace pendant, Socrate BTF ring (they had the one size that fit me perfectly!) and something for my daughter as well. It was near Christmas after all.
Image00003.jpg
Image00009.jpg
Image00005.jpg Image00004.jpg

Earlier this year, I checked out https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-dangle-earrings-pretty-please.237623/ and loved how feminine dangle earrings looked. Fell in love with Yssie’s 3 Stone Magic Alhambra earrings and had the opportunity to try them on at the store that I purchased the Flowerlace earrings. I tried on a number of other classic earrings as well like the Lotus and different versions of the Cosmos but they didn’t sing to me. I decided to sleep on it but when I went back to get the GMOP earrings the next day, they were sold! Fortunately there was another pair in another store nearby so my SA asked for them to be transferred as we waited. My SA very nonchalantly? purposefully? suggested I try on another pair whilst I waited.

My eyes nearly popped out when she brought them in. The 3 Stone Magic Alhambra earrings in diamonds! I declined at first and told her I was looking for something casual but she insisted. Well, that was it. Both DH and the SA commented that my eyes opened so wide and had a big smile when I put them on. I still resisted as they were way over my budget I had set for this purchase. We actually walked out of the store as we were going to be late for dinner, but turned back when DH said he wanted to buy them for me. I haven’t had a chance to wear them out yet as it took 3 months to adjust the clips (Long story)
Image00007.jpg Image00008.jpg

Whilst waiting for the earrings to be adjusted, I bought the Perlee band in WG as I’d lost quite a bit of weight and my other bands were literally flying off my finger (Tiffany RG and WG? Band to match DH, and VC 3 sided band for that bling that I was missing).
Image00012.jpg
With my ACA.
Image00001.jpg

Just a few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this LE lapis lazuli bracelet. The pyrite flecks make the bracelet very interesting and I'm loving the YG...
Image00006.jpg

Thank you for reading this very long post. I tried to condense it but obviously failed.
I've had quite a year of VCAs and will be on ban island for a long time.

I'm three years late to see this post. But oh my goodness. The Flowerlace suits you @Boom. Delicate, airy, and luxurious all at once :love: And not too big on the ear at all!! I'd be so curious to hear how you wear these earrings. You seem like the sort of person who can daytime pave (yeah I totally verbed that) no problem.

I have decided that I want to be that person too. The pave frivole in WG are on my wishlist. I'll have to look at Flowerlace too. Well. Assuming it's available in inventory to look at :???:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys. I couldn’t make up my mind between these two pieces. Soooooooo I ended up getting both! I picked rose gold this time around because all of my other VCA pieces are in yg (except for the signature Perlee bracelet which is also in rg).

9A672A18-3978-4304-9243-F3EC2A266825.jpeg
86DFAC7D-59F8-4033-BD98-0176735CC483.jpeg

4C3BD2AB-D573-49EF-A0A2-37307834BBDA.jpeg
4FDA618F-BD30-4CCE-9372-802C1A7D57B0.jpeg 7D3C0333-5E5A-422A-97D5-919B539FFCAB.jpeg

This combo. RG Signature, RG Perlee, RG Vintage pave. Still the stuff of (my) dreams. The earrings are on my List.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I exchanged it ::)for one I thought had the most perfect color! It’s the most beautiful santorini blue in direct light and then a bit darker sometimes. Don’t mind all the fingerprints in the pics! The one with the yellow line is original one and I chose the one with the green line next to it. The darkest one was pretty too but it had some purple undertones that I was not going for.
5D4969EC-332A-4120-8D49-BB38430C2668.jpeg
CE04DF67-A39D-43A1-AE8E-C4EF55B832D1.jpeg

Playing around with stack options :bigsmile:

5D222B60-C59B-441A-A05B-6854EA9D4DA5.jpeg 8D6DF9F8-655E-46FF-A20B-AD4A7A820DD6.jpeg

The amount of variance in some of these CS bracelets continually astounds me. And VCA really does a very good job of matching motifs within a single piece! I suppose that explains why the carnelian 20s are usually more brown - there just isn't enough of the bright red material and matching trumps all else!!

I like the green strand best too, even from pics. And I've noticed that the darker motifs (of a given material) tend to shift less with clothing and lighting - that's a plus in my book!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results