shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Welcome to the family.
Isn’t it wild how sometimes - despite thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking - we don’t actually know until we find out what doesn’t work, but then it’s, like, crystal clear all of a sudden?

You have such a bright and bold personality. You don’t do anything without doing it to the fullest. Turquoise is actually such a fitting colour for everything that makes *you* ♥️

So you’ll need earrings next right :bigsmile:

@Rubies-R-Me, @Ally T, @RunningwithScissors, @canuk-gal, @Pomelo Thank you loves!! ::)

I had SO much fun taking that group pic! I’ve wanted a “set” of Rose de Noel since I got my first taste couple years ago - so now I’ve #CompletedTheThing, and it’s so totally satisfying :bigsmile:

I don’t expect to wear this on my clothing - I don’t actually wear many structured shirts. I much prefer soft drapey knits and jerseys. Which this little fellow is much too heavy for! But I’ve got a couple of leather wrist bands coming, I’m not sure exactly what my wrist setup will be but thats’s where we’re headed.

@Pomelo this is the medium size - next size up from interchangeable pendants/clips. It could easily be worn as a pendant if one wanted to though, and surely more buyers want pendants than brooches, I’m also wondering why they don’t throw a chain in and market it that way!

@Rubies-R-Me, @Ally T, @RunningwithScissors, @canuk-gal, @Pomelo Thank you loves!! ::)

I had SO much fun taking that group pic! I’ve wanted a “set” of Rose de Noel since I got my first taste couple years ago - so now I’ve #CompletedTheThing, and it’s so totally satisfying :bigsmile:

I don’t expect to wear this on my clothing - I don’t actually wear many structured shirts. I much prefer soft drapey knits and jerseys. Which this little fellow is much too heavy for! But I’ve got a couple of leather wrist bands coming, I’m not sure exactly what my wrist setup will be but thats’s where we’re headed.

@Pomelo this is the medium size - next size up from interchangeable pendants/clips. It could easily be worn as a pendant if one wanted to though, and surely more buyers want pendants than brooches, I’m also wondering why they don’t throw a chain in and market it that way!

Black, white and red is such a cohesive, eternally elegant set. So beautiful

And forgive me if I’m overstepping but I just got inspired by your photos again and was thinking about other ways you could wear the onyx.

I know you don’t do necklaces @yssie but hear me out… this would be an incredible choker. On a thick luscious velvet ribbon (just not black). Worn slightly offset.

Or… could you get something made that turns it into a ring that spans two fingers like a BTF ring? Similar to a ringdant but a… brring? Rooch? Neither word mushes work here :lol-2:

How does it compare in size to the amazing work of art that is your new Paspaley ring?

Don’t. You. Dare.

I will haunt you if you let those go.

(Joking… Joking… But kind of actually really not…)

:lol:

I am going to try wear them this week at least

I decided to add a 2nd RG hammered piece to my collection before the recent price increase! Lucky for me it came in 2 1/2 weeks!

IMG_5820.jpegIMG_5822.jpeg

Last edited:
:appl:S T U N N I N G!!!!!!!!
Looks gorgeous with your skin tone and how awesome that you got it before the price increase. Win win win!!:appl:

:appl:S T U N N I N G!!!!!!!!
Looks gorgeous with your skin tone and how awesome that you got it before the price increase. Win win win!!:appl:

Thanks so much! I wish I could add the matching bracelet but it's not available at this time!

Last edited:
Black, white and red is such a cohesive, eternally elegant set. So beautiful

And forgive me if I’m overstepping but I just got inspired by your photos again and was thinking about other ways you could wear the onyx.

I know you don’t do necklaces @yssie but hear me out… this would be an incredible choker. On a thick luscious velvet ribbon (just not black). Worn slightly offset.

Or… could you get something made that turns it into a ring that spans two fingers like a BTF ring? Similar to a ringdant but a… brring? Rooch? Neither word mushes work here :lol-2:

How does it compare in size to the amazing work of art that is your new Paspaley ring?

Rooch, I’m cackling :lol:

Gosh it really would be an incredible choker centerpiece :love: Um, I shall have to try that on my husband for a visual :bigsmile:

It’s big!! It’s really big!! Everything’s in the bank at the moment so I’ll grab some pics when I get back down there - but, really big!! And the actual pokey part is… Well, this is my first VCA clip, so I don’t speak from any experience here, but it’s oddly protuberant? Sticks out quite a bit more than I expected. I was originally planning to clip it to a multi-strand pearl bracelet but that won’t work.

VCA had these Band-n-Frivole situations at one point, couple decades ago seems like - something like this bracelet would be so perfect. But my SA just recently placed a pretty wild SO request for me and I’m about to ask her for yet another favour so I think I’m at quota for a bit :bigsmile: I bought a couple cheapy leather bracelets off Etsy to see if it’d even work. I’ll share when everything gets here!! ♥️

IMG_1776.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg

I think this is the only 20 motif I will need in my collection!

IMG_5842.jpeg

Gorgeous!!!

I adore the 20 motifs and I think yours is beautiful and feminine. Also being the hammered, it's super practical bc you don't have to worry about perfumes and sunscreen damaging the motifs, which means more enjoyment and less worry. (I'm totally envious!) Enjoy!

Here’s my RG hammered set with the matching earrings…

IMG_5830.jpeg

You are a queen of sets!!

Rose gold works SO well on you. And the hammered is such a pretty neutral, you could mix hammered rose gold with any of your WG pave :love:

Honestly I’m glad you went with hammered over guilloche. For your collection. Guilloche is shiny and dazzling but you have so much pave, and it doesn’t get shinier and dazzlier than pave, the hammered is a cozy contrast ♥️

You’ll get hold that bracelet sooner than later,I think, I have a good feeling ::)

Wearing it with my leopard print heels :lol:

And yes ma’am to that! :bigsmile:

I’m a step behind RWS - I’ve never seen the TE in-person! Is it weird to say that I have one of your other pics of it from a couple years ago saved? :bigsmile: Yours looks like it has a lot of colour variance, and some strong striations :love:

IMG_1804.jpeg

And yes ma’am to that! :bigsmile:

I’m a step behind RWS - I’ve never seen the TE in-person! Is it weird to say that I have one of your other pics of it from a couple years ago saved? :bigsmile: Yours looks like it has a lot of colour variance, and some strong striations :love:

IMG_1804.jpeg

I feel so chuffed to know that you have saved my photo - so not weird at all.
Yes good colour variance and strong striations. I have taken two photos (indoors night time) on white reflex paper (lighting is 3000 kelvins) to try and show this better. I “tried” to flip the necklace to show both sides depending on which way you wear the clasp. However, I am not sure whether I was successful in this. It is actually tricky to tell which way the individual quatrefoils sit. I always wear mine with the lobster clasp to my right.

I think this particular necklace was either the second or third Tigers Eye that I was shown over multiple visits. The first one that I was shown was very uniform in colour with little striations and was a clear no. The sales assistant was so great - I think she got some in especially for me to look at even though I was non-comittal.

Attachments

• IMG_5601.jpeg
    IMG_5601.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 24
Okay, so the one I got was the third strand I looked at. This is a photo of the other rejected strand.IMG_2816.jpeg

I can see why you rejected those two necklaces. The uniform motifs look, well, kinda dead. I never realized they would, seeing those is an education for me!

The TE, when done "right" (with those strong striations like the one you have) is a sexy gemstone.

Oh, wow. Yes - I also see why you chose to wait. Honestly it wouldn't have occured to me to demand that every motif have striations, like the necklace you chose, but what a difference it makes! That gives the whole piece so much character. The uniform motifs really don't work for me and the juxtaposition of uniform and striated just makes the disparity stand out more.

But wow, TE with malachite is a lush, rich, svelte combo :love: @RunningwithScissors just gotta say, TE would be glorious with your deeper greens :love:

I wanted a TE bracelet at one point, about a year ago. Though I'd likely missed the boat even back then - getting multiples in to view would probably have been impossible and I know I'd only ever want one like yours. But I don't wear enough YG to justify it. And I also wonder if the warmth will overpower my (darker but very milquetoast) complexion.

What other pieces d'you have @CMN? I've lost track of people's collections :bigsmile:

And I also wonder if the warmth will overpower my (darker but very milquetoast) complexion.

Hmmm, I’m not so sure about that. You wear golden pearls and I see the tigers eye as in the same colour family. Do you wear any camel coloured/tan coloured clothing and do you feel you look good in it? I think that is a good indicator.

The potential issue I see may be not enough contrast. I suspect one of those scenarios where you really have to try it on to know.

Love this! The tiger's eye with your green blouse... stunning!

I almost never see the tiger's eye in the wild. This is a rare beauty.

When tigers eye works, it works. Congratulations on this gorgeous piece. They’re getting harder and harder to find.

I found a photo taken in store of one that I rejected. I didn’t like the fact that one of the quatrefoils at the front of the necklace was a uniform colour.IMG_2858.jpeg

I know you don't need the enabling, but what a KILLER COMBO!

Also, thank you for sharing your experience with TE. It's a stone that I've about over the years as it's a good neutral but it's never available to try on in stores! Completely agree with your assessment to reject the uniform colour motifs :)

Hmmm, I’m not so sure about that. You wear golden pearls and I see the tigers eye as in the same colour family. Do you wear any camel coloured/tan coloured clothing and do you feel you look good in it? I think that is a good indicator.

The potential issue I see may be not enough contrast. I suspect one of those scenarios where you really have to try it on to know.

I do wear a lot of camel, tan, brown, and beige. Most of it works really well for me but there are a couple of specific shades that really don’t - I think it’s exactly as you said, I’ll have to try it on. I’ll be going in sometime early July, I might ask if my SA can trawl some TE. Any TE in YG!

And I know even a minimal amount of gold can make a huge difference to how a stone looks on the skin! I love GMOP in RG, but GMOP in WG is harsh on me.

Not responding to any specific post, just in general - I’m kinda in a place of stasis with VCA right now.

I’d been trying to get hold of a specific bracelet for over a year - it wasn’t orderable but I’d prepaid and both my SA and I expected my prepayment to lock pricing in through any increases. But with this newest price hike all those old generosities went out the window! And it’s too much for me to feel comfy buying preloved, even if one did show up. So that’s just… In the Call Me Maybe bucket.

One of my SO requests was declined - it was for pink MOP in a non-Alhambra design. But, unexpectedly, they didn’t just decline the pink MOP - they declined all MOP! :lol: White MOP was going to be my next choice!! My SA resubmitted that request for me with another pink, but a non-organic stone this time, TBH I won’t be surprised by another decline but let’s see :bigsmile:

One of my other SOs should be ready in November. Super excited about that one!! That’ll be the last of my white gold purchases - I’ve accumulated a lot of WG for someone who doesn’t love WG on herself.

I’d like a RG statement ring. Nothing in current collection is singing to me though, I’d prefer something floral. Definitely got to be something living - so Noeud is out. I’m thinking about asking for a RG Socrate BTF… Pretty confident it’d be approved but I don’t really want to deal with the SO process for two requests concurrently. One at a time is plenty!

I keep thinking okay, time to move onto other brands, but nothing appeals quite as much so I keep coming back :lol: I will say I’m extraordinarily grateful for the pieces I’ve managed to collect over the past several years. Cost to replace today would be exorbitant - if they could even be found! Reality is I’m never going to spend enough to hopscotch over policy so if I’m stuck winding the wishlist down drip by drip, well, it is what it is :shrug:

I’m back with more VCA eye candy to show (while doing research on RG pieces):

IMG_5945.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5947.jpeg
    IMG_5947.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5946.jpeg
    IMG_5946.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5950.jpeg
    IMG_5950.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 38