shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your upgrades from engagement to present ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Upgradeable and Buffy01:

I LOVE your new rings!

Such variety of styles over the years...

LS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 11:29:29 AM
Author: ysj99
Catmom, can you tell us where your beautiful band is from? The one paired with your yellow diamond ring (also gorgeous btw!)
Thanks!
Thanks ysj99! I bought my band at my local jewelers but it is a Gabriel & Company. They have the most gorgeous stacker bands including my same one but with the baguettes as blue sapphires or rubies. Yummy!

Aww thanks LostSapphire but I have to say that I think your ring is more SWOON WORTHY!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 5:36:28 PM
Author: Catmom
Thanks ysj99! I bought my band at my local jewelers but it is a Gabriel & Company. They have the most gorgeous stacker bands including my same one but with the baguettes as blue sapphires or rubies. Yummy!

Aww thanks LostSapphire but I have to say that I think your ring is more SWOON WORTHY!!!
SWOONFEST!!
9.gif

They're ALL SWOONWORTHY!

LS

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
1982 Got married with a plain gold band. Hubby had been previously married and I think he didn''t want to spend too much on me until he decided I was gonna hang around.
9.gif

1987 .75 RB Solitaire in a plain YG tiffany like setting. No pictures.
1996 Traded that back to the jewelry store for a 1.10 RB in a kind of swirly YG ring. No pictures.
2008 25th Anniversary upgrade. 2.11 RB from Mark at ERD... WG setting

In the picture, the center stone of the 3 stone ring is the 1.10.

100_5180a.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my original 6 prong set with the plain band.

GDBeforeSK.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the reset gone wrong. Great concept, horrible execution. *sigh*

infamousreset.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And that leads us to my gorgeous new Scott Kay! 3rd time is the charm - I adore this ring!

geckopresent.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is my original wedding set, from 2001. It is c. late 1930s or early 1940s, about .25cttw. I believe, now, that the center stone was a replacement- it''s a VERY badly cut round brilliant. I don''t think it could actually create a flash of fire under any lighting whatsoever- it was that dead. Still, I liked the setting and we didn''t have much to spend on the ring at the time. It is gone- lost- after I had it cut off some years ago. It was a size 2.5, and I''m, well, not anymore, and dang if it wasn''t stuck before I knew it. (Wretched thyroid, or lack thereof.)

After it was cut off it wasn''t possible to repair anyway, so though I feel bad for losing it (could turn up I guess when we move) I couldn''t wear it anymore, and it needed repointing on every stone, which was far more than the whole shebang was worth anyhoo.

weddingbandxxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the next ring incarnation. Temp setting, a $200 cheapie from OxfordDiamondCo off ebay, and a 1.22 ct N colored SI Old European Cut from Old World Diamonds. I wore it like this for about three months, and though I like this setting, the melee is crap and it has a very thin girdle that needed more protection.

nooring4smxxxx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the final setting for the 1.22 OEC, which is a c.1920s original antique planinum setting with two tapered sapphire baguettes and some single cut melee.

The 1.22 OEC was supposed to be an e-ring replacement. But shortly after finding it, I ran across this other beauty: a 3.55 ct OEC preset in this triple halo setting. I now wear the larger one as the wedding set with a platinum single-cut 7 stone band, and the 1.22 as a RHR.

twooecs5edxxxx.jpg

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:18:40 PM
Author: jetmal
sorry, I cant figure out how to put all the pics in one post

Great choice! I have seen this in person. It is one STUNNING ring!
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Well, since I''m not married yet, no upgrades for me, but I wanted to say that all your rings are beautiful, and it''s so much fun to see the progressions!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
do not have the photos right here

1.5 round in yellow gold setting

10 years later

3 carat emerald cut with one carat on each side from Tiffanys, plat

15 years (5 years after first upgrade)

9.22 carat emerald cut from Tiffany''s, traded in above for it.

DONE (at least hubby says so!)

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 2:20:15 AM
Author: diamondfan
do not have the photos right here

1.5 round in yellow gold setting

10 years later

3 carat emerald cut with one carat on each side from Tiffanys, plat

15 years (5 years after first upgrade)

9.22 carat emerald cut from Tiffany''s, traded in above for it.

DONE (at least hubby says so!)

WOW -- to the 9.22 carat. That''s STUNNING.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Hi there, I''ll just mention that I was engaged with a 1.64 ct asscher that I chose, but that faced up very small - about 6.2 mm. I wanted at least 7 mm spread, so I upgraded to a 2.2 ct asscher (pictured below), and then a 2.25 ct asscher, both around 7 mm spread. As it turned out though, I think that what I was missing was the sparkle and spread of a brilliant cut since my setting is a plain solitaire, so I finally did my final "downgrade" to a 2.01 ct RB with an 8.1 mm spread, that I love. I will always love step-cuts, but I didn''t love it on me, as an everyday ring. I wish I had a pic of my original 1.64 ct asscher, but I don''t ...

Here''s a pic of the 2.2 ct asscher:

100_0772ash.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the 2.25 ct asscher:

IMG_0635ash2.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And here''s my diamond now - a 2.01 ct RB. I''ve had the same setting and wedding band with all. However, the ering setting, which originally accomodated a 6.2 mm stone, now has an 8.1 mm stone, and the stone is jammed in the setting crooked, and the prongs are always coming loose. I need to replace the setting, but I haven''t done it yet, because I am still undecided between a 6-prong solitaire, pave setting, or 3-stone ring.

IMG_1355rb.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:54:33 AM
Author: vespergirl
And here''s my diamond now - a 2.01 ct RB. I''ve had the same setting and wedding band with all. However, the ering setting, which originally accomodated a 6.2 mm stone, now has an 8.1 mm stone, and the stone is jammed in the setting crooked, and the prongs are always coming loose. I need to replace the setting, but I haven''t done it yet, because I am still undecided between a 6-prong solitaire, pave setting, or 3-stone ring.
Swoon.....
30.gif

This is my dream upgraded look! Love it!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
When hubby proposed on Valentines day, he gave me this very modest sapphire, and told me that one day when we were in our life, and where we want to be, he would get me the ring I deserve.

We were trying to move from California to Texas, to escape the housing market there. He picked a ring for me at Tiffany (the Lucida 3 stone) but we decided that it was not on the top of our list of priorities.

When we married Oct 22, 2005 we purchased a titanium tension set celon sapphire and the eternity ring pictured with it, is what I got for our first anniversary.

We started the upgrade in April, not really for any specific occasion (other than that we had the money at the time) ... but as fate would have it... my e ring took a lot longer than we thought and was actually finished the day before my anniversary! I got her 10/22/2008 exactly 3 years after we married!
My eternity ring is 22 stones... something we asked them to do as a symbol of our anniversary.

The tiny chips of diamond that are on my original engagement ring, have been taken out of that setting, and will be used in the shank of the upgrade... I have to send it back... they wanted to make sure everything was perfect before they set my tiny diamonds... it will have my anniversary in it and the diamonds as punctuation like this: *10*22*05*
36.gif

upgradecollage2008.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 11:00:17 AM
Author: waitingpatiently
o

m

g

lostsapphire - your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I have to admit LS... every time I see the pics of your new WF ring my heart literally skips a beat!

*sigh* soooo gorgeous.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
What a cool thread! Though I have nothing to upgrade...

Upgradable - fantastic setting, it is so elegant!

Buffy01 - your set looks like it fits so well together. Plus you have variety, so you can wear just a band (either gold or bling) by itself or you can mix/match!!

LostieLovesBling - your upgrade stone is lovely. From the picture you post, I can see it throws some color, I can only imagine what it looks like IRL.

Catmom - As you know, I am a big fan of your collection, from diamonds to your lovely gems!! Your 1st e-ring set is adorable and its sentimental feeling is precious!

Dani - where in the heck have I been?? When did the Scott Kay project finish?? Love how it looks and I am so sorry your first reset went wrong.

LittleGreyKitten - your antique settings are TDF!! I have an atique sparkly that I have yet to post here.

vespergirl - your 2.25 ascher looked lovely on you, but your rb sparkles so much. Have you thought of getting an ascher cut gem for your right hand??

LuckyTexan - I really like your tension set sapphire! However, your newest upgrade is fantastic!

Lost Saphire - I know I have said this before, but the color of your new sapphire is fantastic.

jetmal - your transitional is so beautiful!! I bet it throws so many rainbows and its cutlet is the perfect size.

Diamond Fan - I hope you are able to post pictures later. Maybe you have posted them in the past, so I will do a search.

Beaglemom - your 2008 upgrade is lovely and the setting is perfection from Mark!!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Omieluv thank you soo much for your compliments on my rings. And you are correct. When I go to work I just wear the plan w-band and my e-ring, and when I am out with my DH, I wear all 3. Thank you thank you thank you

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
my ring has a thread somewhere...not sure if it is still around.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you omieluv!!!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Omieluv!

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
omieluv- I just got the Scott Kay back on Wed.
36.gif
I luvs it!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results