shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your target rings!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What gemstones would you use for the halo if you did upgrade and go with a target? I love sapphire targets and that would be my choice! But there are a lot of other beautiful options here, too.

It does make me wonder whether any of these settings would let you stack with a band....
Ah such a good question! If I could get such a glorious deep clear red, I’d halo with rubies. But they’d need to be that colour. Otherwise sapphires :love:
I suspect stacking is the usual halo challenge - if it’s made so there’s room yes but most likely it wouldn’t be possible.
Question for you - round halo or octagonal/square etc? I’ve always thought octagonal for me

Mjay

Rough_Rock
I've already posted mine in another thread, but since I love her, here she is again! IMG_7299.jpg
Can I ask where your ring is from? I’m looking for a similar setting for a diamond I own

luxe

Rough_Rock
Can I ask where your ring is from? I’m looking for a similar setting for a diamond I own
I got it from DecorationAU on Etsy, she has lovely vintage pieces! The diamond was already set but I’ve seen many similar rings on Etsy (both new and vintage) there might be a seller able to make one for you? Good luck on the hunt!

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
What do you feel is a good ballpark price for a bezel set center stone surrounded by French cut sapphires in white gold? It seems as though DK has made some settings I quite admire in this style. Considering purchasing a warm colored 3/4ct AVC for a deco target ring and am wondering how many shifts I may need to pick up to pay for it. 8-)

Mjay

Rough_Rock
What do you feel is a good ballpark price for a bezel set center stone surrounded by French cut sapphires in white gold? It seems as though DK has made some settings I quite admire in this style. Considering purchasing a warm colored 3/4ct AVC for a deco target ring and am wondering how many shifts I may need to pick up to pay for it. 8-)
I’d reach out to DK If I were you and he can give you a quote. I got a quote a week ago for a ruby target white gold for my half carat. Quote was $2400. I’d imagine sapphire would be similar.

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
I’d reach out to DK If I were you and he can give you a quote. I got a quote a week ago for a ruby target white gold for my half carat. Quote was $2400. I’d imagine sapphire would be similar.
Thanks! That’s very useful info. I imagined the setting would be far more than the diamond I am setting in it. I don’t want to reach out for designs and quotes until I am ready to move forward with the project, so ball parking for now is so helpful! Thank you!

elizat

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few. This one is listed with Diana of SinCityFinds so I can hopefully upgrade in size.

IGP9765_9065c8c7-e5ad-42d5-9297-0fb073a22fc3_2000x.jpg

I also have this rose cut target.

338EB562-F868-43B0-8DE9-7A05E14A6792.jpeg

And I no longer have this enamel one, but it was pretty!
403FCB90-4435-44E1-99FC-EB82B23C09FD.jpeg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
86E66B66-FE29-469E-A77C-C20A3388BCA1.jpeg I love this one, it’s not mine sadly, but I had to share it. Came across it when someone kindly responded to my help request for setting ideas and suggested a Target Ring, so I did some searching.
Made a while ago by ‘Hatton Garden Bespoke Diamond Jewellery Workshop’ (HG Bespoke) , a fab independent in the UK. Loving his creations...spending far too long looking at them recently!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.