shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your step cut tennis bracelets?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the inability to travel I find myself doing more plotting and planning for bling. I recently started looking at step cut tennis bracelets after seeing a “mosaic” one that Grace was selling (that pretty much sold immediately haha).

Was hoping some folk here might be able to share wrist shots of step cut tennis bracelets!

Not mine mine, just a photo from a google image search, but goodness how lovely does this look! No idea what the mm wide dimension of it is but I love the look.

Are step cut tennis bracelets less common just cause fancy cuts in smaller sizes are less common and more pricey? Or people want more bling for the size?

C7DF6620-E607-4A53-BAF2-7664350C7185.jpeg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I love step cut tennis bracelets! My dream would be to have an asscher cut one. I think most people don’t have them because of the carat weight needed and cost for anything of a significant size. I have an illusion emerald cut diamond tennis bracelet. Not the greatest pic but you get the idea. When she’s clean, she’s soooo sparkly.

image.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love step cut tennis bracelets! My dream would be to have an asscher cut one. I think most people don’t have them because of the carat weight needed and cost for anything of a significant size. I have an illusion emerald cut diamond tennis bracelet. Not the greatest pic but you get the idea. When she’s clean, she’s soooo sparkly.

image.jpg

Beautiful lines!
Can I ask what the mm width is?

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
This is a long-term-years-away bucket list item for me, so following

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about using lab/MMD stones? :Up_to_something:

I quite like the idea of a carré cut semi bezel tennis bracelet.

DK :))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about using lab/MMD stones? :Up_to_something:

I quite like the idea of a carré cut semi bezel tennis bracelet.

Yeah I’m going to order a cz and sterling one for size and comfort and see if I’d actually wear it lol.

I don’t know how much it’d save though since custom cut mmd/moissy and cost of labor and setting might end up being comparable to finding a mined diamond estate piece?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine but I’ve tried these on at NY JAWS in 2018 and 2019. The jaw dropping carre, ruby and emerald bracelets are Chaumet and we’re being sold by Jogani. The French cut bracelet was a stunner as well from a different dealer.
38372622-9AA7-4808-B1BA-DFA93BBF4125.jpeg
82F53986-6820-41F8-A829-6ED243FFF398.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I hadn’t even thought of French cut as an option... it’s so stunning! I’m sure the price tag is eye watering

From a cost POV maybe it would be cheaper to get a bracelet that has alternating small and big stones? I saw one a while ago and I thought it was stunning, it was a smaller EC sandwiched between two bigger ECs, all set north-south, in a single line, but slightly offset (the big stones did not all line up perfectly with each other, and neither did the small ones). I wish I had a picture.

I did find a pic online of a ring to explain what I mean about “offset”, but the bracelet I saw was different - WG instead of RG, all ECs instead of also having traps, and not ‘organic’ looking like this one, just a normal basket setting. 76B0DDBC-CEE4-4DCD-8AB6-748A52B6E865.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I’m going to order a cz and sterling one for size and comfort and see if I’d actually wear it lol.

I don’t know how much it’d save though since custom cut mmd/moissy and cost of labor and setting might end up being comparable to finding a mined diamond estate piece?

Have at look at Ouros in Etsy, as they have listed the prices for small ECs that should give you some idea on the cost involved if you decide on lab/MMDs.

They should be able to custom make a tennis bracelet for you too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited for you! I love step cut bracelets. Here is my carre cut.
008DA6CD-3247-4DEC-AC3B-06FDE3CF9BDB.jpeg E5500790-3FCE-4E0E-A200-84F5704333F3.jpeg

Thud. Omg this is beyond beautiful! Can I ask what the width in mm is?

Gonna go see if there’s a thread on it. It’s magnificent!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have at look at Ouros in Etsy, as they have listed the prices for small ECs that should give you some idea on the cost involved if you decide on lab/MMDs.

They should be able to custom make a tennis bracelet for you too.

By my math it’s be about 4K in lab diamonds for the design I’d be after. So maybe 5-6k for 10k white gold? Not too bad compared to the price tags I’ve otherwise been seeing!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a cost POV maybe it would be cheaper to get a bracelet that has alternating small and big stones? I saw one a while ago and I thought it was stunning, it was a smaller EC sandwiched between two bigger ECs, all set north-south, in a single line, but slightly offset (the big stones did not all line up perfectly with each other, and neither did the small ones). I wish I had a picture.

I did find a pic online of a ring to explain what I mean about “offset”, but the bracelet I saw was different - WG instead of RG, all ECs instead of also having traps, and not ‘organic’ looking like this one, just a normal basket setting. 76B0DDBC-CEE4-4DCD-8AB6-748A52B6E865.jpeg

Definitely a smart way to get more visual size!

I had an eternity ring in the past that had a cool layout that I think would look equally awesome in a bracelet. Sadly I sold the ring as it was a wee bit too tight but I really adored the design.

702090 702156

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By my math it’s be about 4K in lab diamonds for the design I’d be after. So maybe 5-6k for 10k white gold? Not too bad compared to the price tags I’ve otherwise been seeing!

I would haggle down the price for the stones alone, as you are in effect bulk-buying. Not much can be done about the labour cost unfortunately.

Therefore, I believe it is worth asking Vijay how much it would cost to get x number of EC of this size, and also how much for a bracelet to be made in y carat gold.

Definitely a smart way to get more visual size!

I had an eternity ring in the past that had a cool layout that I think would look equally awesome in a bracelet. Sadly I sold the ring as it was a wee bit too tight but I really adored the design.

25BFC293-4C3B-4653-AAC1-B449D76D66D1.jpeg 3BA1E1E6-B6B7-4D84-9690-0F853A82567C.jpeg

That ring design would make an amazing bracelet if you decide to go that route!

I love ECs - I want an eternity ring and eternity bangle (or tennis bracelet) in step cuts someday! So gorgeous!! Excited to see what you go with!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love step cuts, and when I was deciding what to do with the 8 carré cut stones that my mum gave me (6 set in a band, 2 slightly larger ones loose intended for earrings), I thought about making them into a tennis bracelet.

However, they were not enough for a full bracelet, and I did not have the means to buy sufficient stones to make up a full one.

Hence I had them set in an ID style bracelet instead, and I love it, as it is very easy to wear and easy to dressed up or down to suit my outfit.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love step cuts, and when I was deciding what to do with the 8 carré cut stones that my mum gave me (6 set in a band, 2 slightly larger ones loose intended for earrings), I thought about making them into a tennis bracelet.

However, they were not enough for a full bracelet, and I did not have the means to buy sufficient stones to make up a full one.

Hence I had them set in an ID style bracelet instead, and I love it, as it is very easy to wear and easy to dressed up or down to suit my outfit.

I nearly referenced a picture of your carré bangle here in case it was something @MakingTheGrade might be interested in. It’s such a wearable and versatile design.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would haggle down the price for the stones alone, as you are in effect bulk-buying. Not much can be done about the labour cost unfortunately.

Therefore, I believe it is worth asking Vijay how much it would cost to get x number of EC of this size, and also how much for a bracelet to be made in y carat gold.

Apparently I need to commit to the cad prior to an estimate. I guess that makes sense given gold prices and the wide range of potential weight depending on bracelet design. Don’t feel confident enough that I’m committed to a design enough to proceed right now but I’ll keep it in mind. My guess based on the prices of the round tennis bracelets would probably be around 5k. Probably half the price of lab mined which wouldn’t be bad at all!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I prefer round or square shaped stones in a tennis bracelet.

I tried on a 4cttw Princess cut semi bezel tennis bracelet and loved it, however, still prefer to have a MRB one as my first one.

Perhaps I should add that to my bling wish list in case I win big money in the lottery for stacking purposes!

DK :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently I need to commit to the cad prior to an estimate. I guess that makes sense given gold prices and the wide range of potential weight depending on bracelet design. Don’t feel confident enough that I’m committed to a design enough to proceed right now but I’ll keep it in mind. My guess based on the prices of the round tennis bracelets would probably be around 5k. Probably half the price of lab mined which wouldn’t be bad at all!

Hmmm, I can understand that, as CAD takes time to prepare. How about just asking him for the price of x number of stones on their own?

Ouros has a few tennis bracelets listed, and should give you some idea of the total cost that may be involved.

Be warned that the prices are low as they start at 4.5in size, for kids perhaps?! :roll2:

Their 3mm bezel set MRB stones in their E/F SI stones in 10K is about a third less than my 5cttw mined diamonds in I colour SI/I clarity in 14K, for information and price comparison purposes.

I opted for the mined diamond version as the difference was not sufficiently significant for me personally. Do shop around though, like check out the lab/MMD on offer by vendors in China as they may be cheaper than Ouros that is based in India.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I can understand that, as CAD takes time to prepare. How about just asking him for the price of x number of stones on their own?

Ouros has a few tennis bracelets listed, and should give you some idea of the total cost that may be involved.

Be warned that the prices are low as they start at 4.5in size, for kids perhaps?! :roll2:

Their 3mm bezel set MRB stones in their E/F SI stones in 10K is about a third less than my 5cttw mined diamonds in I colour SI/I clarity in 14K, for information and price comparison purposes.

I opted for the mined diamond version as the difference was not sufficiently significant for me personally. Do shop around though, like check out the lab/MMD on offer by vendors in China as they may be cheaper than Ouros that is based in India.

I’m definitely a fan of shopping around! I actually found a signed piece at a store liquidation that’s 10ct and platinum but it’s 10k. A fair price but still a lot. I can see why step cut eternities are less common since I think the face up impact just isn’t as blingy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely a fan of shopping around! I actually found a signed piece at a store liquidation that’s 10ct and platinum but it’s 10k. A fair price but still a lot. I can see why step cut eternities are less common since I think the face up impact just isn’t as blingy.

For smaller stones, I agree step cuts are not as blingy as MRBs.

However, for larger stones, the big flashes from a well-cut EC outshine MRBs IMHO.

I am bias and would say that, of course, being a fan of EC and step cuts!

DK :lol-2:

hendersn

Rough_Rock
I have a baguette tennis bracelet with alternating smaller and larger baguettes. It was my mom's and I don't have any papers on it, but my jeweler estimated it's around 7 carats. My dad thinks he bought in Hong Kong more than 20 years ago. A few years ago James Allen had a very similar bracelet that was bigger than mine, around 10 carats, but it's not on their website any more 2020-12-07 21.12.51.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud. Omg this is beyond beautiful! Can I ask what the width in mm is?

Gonna go see if there’s a thread on it. It’s magnificent!!

Thank you. I don’t have it with me at the moment, but can measure it next week and report back. Best wishes on your search.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I don’t have it with me at the moment, but can measure it next week and report back. Best wishes on your search.

Thanks!

I saw this carre cut bangle on ivy and rose if anyone is interested. I think I prefer emerald/baguettes to carre but I imagine this would be up someone’s alley! Seems a very fair price too for something harder to come by

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love the carre cuts in the bangle!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
With the inability to travel I find myself doing more plotting and planning for bling. I recently started looking at step cut tennis bracelets after seeing a “mosaic” one that Grace was selling (that pretty much sold immediately haha).

Was hoping some folk here might be able to share wrist shots of step cut tennis bracelets!

Not mine mine, just a photo from a google image search, but goodness how lovely does this look! No idea what the mm wide dimension of it is but I love the look.

Are step cut tennis bracelets less common just cause fancy cuts in smaller sizes are less common and more pricey? Or people want more bling for the size?

C7DF6620-E607-4A53-BAF2-7664350C7185.jpeg
I have a French cut bangle. I kind of wish it was a tennis style. Maybe I should redo it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a French cut bangle. I kind of wish it was a tennis style. Maybe I should redo it.

Oh my gosh, nooooo! That is one of the most beautiful bracelets I have ever seen! Don't touch it! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results