shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your split double claw prong ring please..need ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
I currently have th RC but need a new seting for an upgrade. Do any of you loooooove double claw prongs?? I love my royal crown but I''ve love Leon''s prongs so much that I want to custom this time. I love Kayla17''s setting but with pave on the basket.
Would really appreciate you all posting some pics of simple split claw prong rings for me to drool over
21.gif

thanks for your help!!
21.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Due to my wedding band, I cant really do the mucho pave look but something like the harry winston (simple plain setting with split claw prongs) with maybe pave just on the basket??

This is noviceNYI ring..hope you don't mind me posting your pic!! I'd like the pave on the basket like this
21.gif

ringsideview2.jpg

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
found this on... www.replicasdirect.com

rdirect_1794_8150915.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
with a plainer shank like this; harlowqueen...hope you don't mind too!
21.gif

thanks!!

HWring2.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
OMG, slammie, i am OBSESSED with leon's claw prongs. i am having him make me the setting below for my own e-ring. sounds like this might be more intricate than what you're thinking of, but what about something similar without the pave surrounding the stone (ie, just the claw prongs)? he makes a setting like that (he calls it the "ashley judd") and it is completely gorgeous. if that's still too much goin' on for your taste, then you could eliminate the pave in the basket and just have one-sided pave. OR, what about something like the setting diamondgirl just got for her 6c cushion, except with the claw prongs? i love that setting too.

mymegesetting.JPG

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I think this one is beautiful~!

e183rx1.jpg

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
sorry about my first post... it was the wrong picture. What can I say, it was late...

let me try again...

340-B[1].gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the pics!! Firerock, that first post made me laugh...Anyway, I really want something leon mege-ish. I LOOOOVE his prongs too and his workmanship. Reena, I can't wait to see your finished setting!!!! I talked to Leon today and was surprised to learn how reasonable his prices are
21.gif
I also love the cushion and asscher settings that Reena posted a while back on a website http://www.dahneandweinstein.com.
I've attached the picture; I love this setting!! Unfortunately I cannot do pave on the shank because i have a traditional shared prong diamond band. =(
Reena, the "ashley judd" setting, do you have a picture of it? So it the same as yours but without the pave around? ohhhh...sounds so pretty! Also, what do you mean by one sided pave?

Love to see more pictures! thanks all~

yummy.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
here's my current setting, RC with my wedding band. Sorry for the awful pic..took it at night in the bathroom..looks yellow!
Reena, you've made wish I had a cushion cut!

RC123.jpg

slammie

Shiny_Rock
This is a Daniel K ring Reena also posted...what do you think of this setting with pave on the basket??=

DKAyummy!!.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/30/2004 1:17:40 AM slammie wrote:

... something with split claw prongs with maybe pave just on the basket??

----------------

The DK setting seems to be the first one on this page. I don't see why adding a few small accents on the basket would complicate things too much since this is made from scratch.
2.gif

You can always ditch the engraving and split the prongs - this is made on order anyway. The picture is not the greatest, but there are diamonds on the basket and a few more scattered among the engraved woodstock.

The picture comes from Here
4.gif

Rbg.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock

im very annoyed cause i just wrote a big long thing and it got deleted!

angryfire.gif
i'll try again when i get to work.
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, here goes again.

slammie i am so glad that you called leon and found his prices to be reasonable! i was pleasantly surprised as well. AND he's a really nice guy, to boot.

now i see why you're saying you can't do a pave setting--because of your shared-prong W band. howEVER, i'm not entirely convinced that the two styles wouldn't look good together--have you tried it out? might look really cool. cause hey, diamonds match diamonds!
2.gif
my reference to "one-sided" pave was to a style where the pave is only on the top of the shank, and not on the sides (if it were on the sides too, it would be "three-sided"). just like on the ring you posted above. i originally brought that up because i thought your concern was about the pave on the side rubbing up against your w-band.

with respect to the "ashley judd" style ring, leon's site doesn't have a pic (he has them in his office tho) but it essentially looks like this but with four double-claw prongs instead. (an interesting fact is that, apparently, leon made ashley judd's actual setting for martin katz.)

i adore it, but it sounds like it might be more intricate than you were hoping for. below is diamondgirl's beautiful setting; what about something like this except with the stones only in the basket? similar to something that you posted earlier; i think the HW.

P.I.C..jpg

finally, you could always have leon do a shared prong diamond setting for your ring (to match the W-band) and add claw prongs! similar to lsmathis's gorgeous memoire setting (plus claws)--now THAT would be gorgeous!!! /idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif

AOur%20Engagement%20117EDIT.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
ps--how cool that i could paste all of those pics in one thread and write in-between them!! i am lovin' this new trick.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
r011-01W.jpg
Hey reena, I think this should be your wedding band:

r009-01W.jpg

I'm just showing off! Thanks again Reena

sjmarder

Rough_Rock
What size is the main stone and also the "pointers" around the shared prong ring?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s ismathis''s ring in the pic. it''s a memoire and i believe she had 2 pointers in the band. Bluedawg just got the Memoire Eterntiy set. you can read all about it here

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Slammie,
Can you tell me anything about the oval in your avatar? Gorgeous ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey melinda,
slammie hasn''t posted in a while but the stone in her avatar is a round, it just looks like and oval due the resizing of the picture...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results